Status: HIATUS

You Found Me

So keep your mouth shut

My whole life, I've only been to several gigs all thanks to The Maine. I've never been to a big show and I've only witnessed the huge concerts on television. I knew that it was wild and crazy where the show really happened, but I didn't know it was that busy backstage. I was wondering why there were so many people who were a part of the crew but I realized that having 3 bands on tour was really a big load and they needed all the help they could get.

I was given loads of paperwork to do the moment we arrived at the venue, giving me no time to actually look around and enjoy our first stop. I settled for working in the green room while nobody was still there, positioning myself comfortably on the chair to get started on all the paperwork.

Unfortunately for me, peace didn't stick around for long as A Rocket To The Moon and two-thirds of The Maine began pouring in the room. As Nick, Justin, and Andrew fell on the couches, fumbling with their phones, Halvo, John, and Jared began bugging me like hell.

"What are you doing?"

"Is this important?"

"This looks boring."

I stopped writing and closed my eyes, breathing for a moment. I looked at each one of them who thankfully, got quiet when I gazed at them. I put my pen down and held my hands together, pressing them on my lap. "Give me until the end of the show, alright? Just peace and quiet to get the job done."

"Oh, March," Jared patted my back, making me glare at him. "This is the wrong place to do all the paperwork."

I rolled my eyes and went back to what I was writing. "Whatever," I sighed. "Just leave me be."

If this was high school, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have stopped talking to me. Maybe working was different for them. Whatever their reason is, I'm just happy that nobody bothered me while I did my work. I had just finished calling up contacts Tim asked me to call when Limited entered the room, making all the guys greet them in unison.

I turned their way and quirked my eyebrows quickly, turning back and focusing on the person on the other line. After making final arrangements, I took a break and dropped everything. I knew that handling money was tiring, but handling money for tour was even more exhausting. My job was to plan sleeping arrangements, make sure that the venues were okay, handle ticket and merch sales, and on top of it all, Tim even asked me to try and keep the three bands out of trouble if I knew they were up to something.

I felt like the mother of 13 kids.

"Wow," Lee approached me with his hand rubbing the back of his neck. "Tim wasn't really kidding when he said that you were going to be the tour accountant."

"Yes, well," I shrugged and shot him a smile. "It's the perfect way to be able to spend the summer with friends."

He nodded and pulled a seat right next to me, taking a look at all the papers lying on the table. "Is it your first time working on a tour?"

"It's my first time working ever."

"Fresh graduate?"

"I just finished my first year in college, Lee," I laughed, making his eyes widen like crazy.

"God, I feel so old," he chuckled, leaning back on his seat.

"Reading your profile..." I pulled out a folder on the pile of papers and waved it in front of him. It was the band's folder which contained their information and papers. I had to take the time to read it all because Tim said so, even if he thought that it was unnecessary. But I read it anyway, being my curious self. "You aren't entirely older than I am. You're 22. And now that I think about it, it makes me wonder how you finished college that fast."

His eyebrows shot up and his eyes were glued to the folder. "Easy. My parents wanted me to study music. Piano, violin... Basically all the instruments I wasn't really into. Another bonus was making me an English major," he shrugged, taking the folder away from me and setting it to his right, enough for me to not be able to reach it. "I wanted to go on with the band but predictably, they weren't going to let me until I finish my degrees."

"Drop out?"

"Do I look like a person that's gonna give up easily?" He looked at me like I was the most ridiculous thing ever and shook his head. "Overload and summer classes. I was done in less than three years."

I nodded in amazement and laughed quietly. I knew myself that I couldn't finish a degree that I loved in 2 years so for him to finish what his parents are forcing upon him, it was pretty radical. I sighed and reached for the folder he took away from me and put it back in its pile.

I scanned the papers again and began working the budget out while Lee started fiddling with his phone. But the more he stayed on the table I was working at, the more of his band came to sat around us. Soon, Robin followed and then Dylan, and then Evan. They pulled a seat to my table one by one and began talking about their first show that was happening in a few hours.

"I hate sleeping in the tour bus," Evan groaned, rubbing his shoulders. He glared at the person across him and rolled his eyes. "Robin kept snoring."

"You talk in your sleep, Evan," Robin retaliated, making the others snort.

"We should kick the two of you out of the bus," Dylan joined in with a laugh. "We'll exchange you with the other members from The Maine and A Rocket To The Moon's bus."

"Yeah," Lee nodded. "We're gonna give your bunks to March."

I rolled my eyes and tried focusing on the papers again. But as always, peace didn't last long wherever I am.

"You shoo your best friends away but keep Limited around?" John pretended to be in disbelief with Jared and Kennedy on either side of him. "So much for best friends from high school."

"You must like one of them," Jared teased, earning a sharp glare from me. "Okay. Backing out."

I sighed and decided that I wasn't going to get to finish additional work for now. I've finished organizing everything and I wanted to get started on the papers for the following weeks but with most of the three bands gathered in that room, I don't think I'd be able to get any job done just by the noise they made. I stacked them all in one pile and situated them in front of me, getting ready to carry them out once I found a way to exit the room.

Once the three guys from The Maine got immersed in a conversation about video games with Limited, I stood up quietly and made my way out of the room to get the papers back to the bus. I realized that I was going to have trouble opening the door when I was already in front of it. I was too shy to ask anyone in A Rocket To The Moon to open the door for me and I'm pretty sure that I would be asking for a fight if pulled out anyone in the video game debate. I tried reaching for the knob with the hand I had under the stack but just as I was about to pull it back, someone from the other side pushed the door, making me drop all the folders and papers on the floor.

I crouched down and cursed under my breath before noticing the frozen pair of legs standing right in front of me. It was the same black vans that he wore in high school except this probably was probably a newer one. I looked up at him and saw him looking at me with a straight face. For a moment there, I thought he was going to try and help me since he did knock all the papers out of my arms, but I just knew it... I knew that he still held a grudge over me.

He walked right past me to get to The Maine and Limited while I was left to collect all the papers. I didn't mind sorting all the papers again or crouching down to get all of them. What bothered me was Garrett didn't even bother saying sorry. Was the past few days really just him bearing with me back in Arizona? Was it so that the tour would go on fluidly without anyone killing anyone? I guess I was just stupid to think that after everything, we were okay or at least he wasn't remotely mad at me anymore.

I couldn't have been more wrong.

Deep in thought, I realized that someone has crouched beside me to help gather the papers on the ground. There were two pairs of hands helping me out. One belong to Limited's singer and the other to their lead. They sent me a smile and took the folders and papers in their arms, nudging me over to get to the other side of the door. When I tried reaching out for the files, they shook me away, wanting to take the papers back to the bus themselves. I was embarrassed, but thankful for them.

When we got into The Maine's bus and when they've finally put the papers on the table in the front lounge, silence lingered on the three of us.

"I honestly don't want to meddle," Lee spoke up, easing the awkwardness. "But what was that all about?"

"What?" I raised my eyebrows at them, thinking that if I played dumb, they wouldn't continue on the subject.

"Garrett?" He replied, crossing his arms. "I thought The Maine consisted of your best friends?"

"He doesn't seem like he's being much of a friend right now," Dylan shrugged, staring at me with a serious look.

I sighed and avoided their eyes, gazing at the floor for a while. I decided to not let them know about the mess that happened in the past, but little by little, I'm guessing that letting them know eventually is inevitable. I shook my head and forced a smile at them. "It's really nothing. There are still bad feelings with me not contacting them when I left. You guys don't notice it, but deep down, I'm pretty sure Kennedy's still mad at me," I joked, forcing out a chuckle that came out a little awkward.

Lee smiled brightly, making the tension ease in the bus. "Well, we're just one bus away. If you could use 4 friends to vent out to that won't judge you because of their lack of knowledge of your past, then by all means, just knock. Or text."

I nodded and laughed silently. "I'll keep that in mind," I smiled, the two of them returning it to me. I looked at my watch and found a way to divert the attention. "We have to get back. You two have sound check in less than 10 minutes. Tim's gonna whip my ass if I don't get you there."

They followed me out of the bus and we started walking back to the venue. "You know our schedule?" Dylan raised his eyebrow with a crooked smile on his face.

I rolled my eyes and looked ahead. "It's part of my job. Keep the 13 of you out of trouble."

"When's our next break?"

"You haven't even started playing the first gig and you already want the break?" Lee looked at his band mate with a blank face.

"I'm just asking when so we could take a look around," he pushed Lee on the shoulder slightly. "Come on. We should hurry up. You know how Robin gets when we aren't there early." He looked over at me and nudged over to make me rush.

"You two go ahead. Jogging isn't really my expertise," I muttered.

"Mmmm," Lee chuckled. "You aren't really doing your job if you're going to keep letting us out of your sight."

"Just go," I rolled my eyes, making the both of them laugh and go right ahead.

As I walked in silence, I sighed and closed my eyes for a moment.

I can do this. I can tolerate two months of this. I just have to hang out with the right people at the right time. I could deal with spending two months with all of them. I just had to avoid Garrett. And it should be okay since I had Lee and Dylan aside from the rest of the Maine and Halvo.

That's what I had to keep telling myself.

***

The rest of the show went off without a hitch, thankfully. After sound check, everybody took a good rest but no one had a long time to themselves. I stayed with Daisy the whole time, helping her out when a lot of people charged the merch table, shoving their money right in front of our faces and pointing at the shirts everywhere. It was a good thing that everyone went right back to the pit when A Rocket To The Moon started, leaving only a few to buy from Daisy.

I took it as my chance to see and hear Limited for the first time full out with their set. I understood well why Lee was able to finish his degree in Music even if he wasn't interested with the instruments he was forced to play. He really belonged on a stage. Maybe not one for the orchestra and maybe not sitting on the piano chair or with a violin in hand. He was a monster with an electric guitar in hand. Evan, unlike the guitarist, was still as a rock, nodding his head to the beat. It was a complete shocker, especially because I knew that Garrett and Halvo hopped around the stage like their life depended on it. Dylan was also still since he had a guitar in hand and a microphone in front of his face. I closed my eyes and bobbed my head to the song. His voice was good, I've got to admit and he hit every note on the spot. And with the way Robin was rocking the drum set, I'm pretty sure that if I didn't know the band personally, I would listen to their songs all day long.

As they ended their song, I took my phone out and secretly downloaded their album and EPs to my phone, planning on listening to them once I get some alone time.

"Buying all of Limited's albums," a voice behind me said, making me drop my phone on my lap. "Doubt you bought ours."

"Hm," I went to my music player and showed their playlist. "My favorite one's I Must Be Dreaming, if you're curious."

"Which song's the one that's dedicated to you?" John raised his eyebrow at me and crossed his arms.

"I don't know," I shrugged. "This Is The End?"

"What?" He scrunched his eyebrows and shook his head. "No."

"Are you sure?" I smirked at him, humming the tune. "It made me sick to think about everything you put me through and how you left without saying goodbye. Back then it meant something but you're living a lie, you just can't hide from me. Seems pretty spot on to me."

"Maybe Garrett did help a little with that song," John nodded his head slowly, making my eyes roll. "I'm kidding. I wrote that about one of my exes." I didn't answer anymore, fixing my gaze on the band playing. But really, did I really expect John to leave me alone? "You're growing pretty attached to Limited, huh?"

"How can you tell? It's only been one day," I spoke without turning to him, hoping that he'd eventually lose interest and just walk away.

"You were hanging out with Lee and Dylan earlier. Don't tell me you've forgotten about your high school friends."

I rolled my eyes and turned slightly to him, growing pissed by the second. "John, my stack of folders and papers fell on the floor earlier and Lee and Dylan were the only one kind enough to help me and the files up." I stared at him, silent and probably taken aback by what I just said. "Looks like my one year away from you guys didn't really make much difference, huh?"

"We all know that's not true," Daisy mumbled quietly. I almost forgot that I was watching Limited with her.

"Stay out of this, Daisy," I muttered, trying to keep my tone friendly.

"A'right. You two can get out of the merch booth because as far as I'm concerned, this is my work station. You two go pull each other's hair somewhere private."

I sighed and gave her an apologetic look before stepping out of the booth, the six foot matchstick following my steps. I can feel his gaze upon me but I really was too pissed too even just look at John right now.

"I'm just saying that you've been with us for a couple of weeks now and you treat us like were never close," John said quietly, just enough for me to hear over the music. "We just want things to go back to the way they used to be."

"Like that's going to happen," I snorted, shaking my head and crossing my arms.

He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. "The whole band's going to hang out later at a bar after the show. I just want reassurance that you'll come because... Well... Because all of the guys just really want our whole group to hang out like before."

It was like he expected me to believe that all of the guys wanted that. I'm pretty sure their bassist thought otherwise. But thinking that I really needed more catching up with the other guys, I made up my mind to go with them later but before I could confirm my attendance, he gave a follow up statement that made me want to smack him.

"Don't worry. Your precious Limited is coming too." But before I could even lay my hand on him, he already gave an excuse to bail. "Tim's calling for me. Listen to our set too, okay?"

"You know I always do," I mumbled, earning a chuckle from him before he gets going to the back stage. I walked back to the merch booth after a while, finding that Daisy was relaxing back since everyone was paying attention to Limited.

The crowd wasn't too hard to please. That or they were all just really into what these bands put on the table. Dylan's voice sounded so good that I kept getting goosebumps every time he had to shout the lyrics because he really was putting his all in the performance. I'm pretty sure that not everyone who was in the crowd went for Limited, but I think that they've became interested in them too.

"John is right," Daisy nodded, watching the current band playing carefully. "You seem to be getting close with them."

"I honestly think it's just because Tim told them that I'm going to be their babysitter for 2 months," I shook my head and denied what they all said. "And maybe because I know for myself that I need to hang out with people that I haven't had a riff yet."

"That's good. Lee seems like a good guy. Dylan and Evan too. But I swear to God if you replace me I'm going to strangle you."

"Never gonna happen," I shook my head and stood near her, setting my arm on her shoulders. "You're my main girl."

"Yes well," she smiled at me before shrugging slightly. "It would be too weird if Lee became your main girl."

***

How all of them managed to get all of us in the bar without being sent to the police for being underage, I had no idea. As far as I knew, Pat, Garrett, Evan, and I aren't even remotely close to the age that should be hanging out in bars but we were here anyway.

They divided everyone into three booths putting John, Jared, Kennedy, Garrett, Pat, Daisy and me in one whole table. The rest of the tour members are randomly placed in the two other booths including the two other bands. And I'd be lying if I said that I didn't miss this company a lot.

"2 years later and you still have Sprite in your glass," Jared laughed, downing the rest of his drink.

"Yes because 2 years later, I'm still not of age," I rolled my eyes and then stared at Pat and at the bottle of beer he had in hand.

"C-come on, March," Pat teased. "I thought John already taught you how to enjoy yourself at parties? You d-drank with us in your senior year."

"Obviously, I didn't make a lot of good decisions in high school," I answered with a shrug.

Kennedy slung his arm around my neck and pulled me in closer. "It was a good decision you stuck with us."

"I'm still debating on it."

He shook his head in disbelief and laughed. Not so long after that, we were already divided into groups, leaving me to talk to Kennedy since he was the closest one to me.

I've started making small observations on him when tour started. I know that I said that all of them were all the same but the small changes made the biggest differences. His hair was definitely cut shorter than what I thought and he definitely changed the way he dressed. All of them did, actually. He smiled more and he acted more confidently than before. I kept thinking that it was all for the better and it was all a good thing. Everything's working out good for them anyway.

From what I've heard from Daisy, I knew that Kennedy hadn't had a girlfriend in the span of a year that I left them but that didn't mean that he wasn't talking to anyone. He did. A lot. More than he should've, according to Pat. I'm guessing that the confidence that comes with being a rock star did it and apparently, it wasn't just Kennedy that was affected. Maybe having 3 girlfriends in 6 months was the knew in thing now.

"What are you staring at?" Kennedy freed me from my trance and caught my attention. "Take a pic. It lasts longer."

I laughed softly and ignored his comment. "You just look different."

"Does that mean you haven't been listening to everything I was saying for the past minute?" When I answered with a sheepish smile, he scoffed and shook his head. "Nevermind. It wasn't that important anyway."

"I'm sorry," I licked my lips and tore my gaze away. "I guess it's really just because I haven't been around much."

"Speak for yourself," he nodded at me and took a swig off his beer. "You look different. In a good way, of course."

I knew that. Those changes were planned and I made them some time after moving to a different state. My used to be short hair became longer and I knew that I became more fit than before. It also helped that my roommate was a pro with make-up.

"You still aren't glamorous when it comes to dressing yourself," he laughed.

"Yes well. The shorts-shirt combo still works for me."

"I get reminded everyday why I liked you a lot," he suddenly blurted out, staring at me probably like what I was doing a couple of seconds ago. He must've noticed that I got startled by what he said because he became stiff on his spot and retracted his arm that was situated on my seat. "Don't worry. I-uh... It's not like that today. I'm sorry for making it awkward."

"No," I shook my head and moved closer towards him, throwing my arm around his shoulder. "It's okay. Reminds me how much happened two years ago. If it makes you feel better," I said quietly, a playful smile on my lips. "You're still the best kisser for me."

His smile brightened and he pumped his fist through the air. "Confidence level is through the roof." He pressed a smile towards me and chuckled. "How has it been? The tour? Everyone treating you well?"

"It's been okay so far. The work was heavier than expected but nothing that I can't handle."

"Heard you're getting snugly with Limited. Man, I thought we were BFFs."

"What is up with all of you associating me with them? I haven't even known them for more than 3 days."

"Nothing, March. I'm happy you're making more friends this tour. That way, it'll get your mind off of Garrett," he nudged over at me and glanced at the subject, who was in a rather deep conversation with John. I only noticed now that compared to the rest of the people over at the booth, they were in an intense conversation while everyone was just casual. I shrugged it off and kept thinking that it was about their set. "But remember, March," Kennedy grabbed my attention again with the sound of his voice. "If you ever replace me with the Asian kid or their badass vocalist, I'm gonna be mad at you forever."

"They have names," I muttered, feeling like he's more demanding than all the others. "I like them, Ken. Of course I liked The Maine first. But chill out. They're cool people."

"I know," he nodded. "You want to date one of them, don't you?"

My mouth fell on the ground and I slapped his arm. "I do not. God, how can you all say these things this early in the tour."

"Fine with me if you like one of them, March. Maybe one of them will become a distraction for when..." He stopped dead in his words and closed his mouth slowly. His hands ran through his hair and I swore that he muttered a few curses before turning to me. "For when you get too busy during tour."

"I have a feeling that that wasn't what you were about to say."

"There's a reason why you're the valedictorian and it's because you're smart. I'm out of beer so I'm gonna get more from the bar so bye!" He spoke quickly and made his way out of the booth and to the bar, not giving me time to make him elaborate. I had a feeling I was going to find out what he was talking about soon anyway. I got up and walked out of the bar while excusing myself to the rest of the group. None of them seemed to mind since they were all immersed in a conversation of their own.

After all that time, I still wasn't a big fan of dark and loud places. Having fun with friends was still one of my favorite past times and I can't say that I haven't been having fun so far tonight, but I still wanted the fresh air the outside walls of the bar offered.

I tucked my hands inside the pocket of my jeans and walked around the block, giving time for myself. Whatever I tried, I still was an introvert. I still preferred quiet times to myself even if I craved my friends' company. I put my jacket's hood on my head and walked quietly, trying to clear all the thoughts I had in my head.

After a few minutes, I realized that I should've thought twice about walking around alone. I've already passed two guys that looked at me like I was a piece of meat and heard about 3 catcalls. I thought I was already done for when I felt someone throw their arm around my shoulder.

"Keep quiet. Lower your head. Pretend like you're talking to me and laugh about what I just said."

I knew who it was.

I forced out a laugh that I knew was too fake. When I looked over to the hooded person beside me, I saw that he looked at me in disbelief and in a ridiculous way.

"Your acting skills are horrible."

"Were you just stalking me?" I whispered frantically, my heart still racing about being nervous about the obnoxious people around the block.

"Baby, I walked out first before you did," he said softly, sending me a crooked smile. "Evan and Lee wanted me to pick up milk before we left for our next venue and Lee asked for something greasy to eat," he showed me a brown paper bag and shrugged. "Want a burger?"

I sighed and shyly put my arm around his waist. "Thank you, Robin."

"For saving you from maniacs around here? Stupid people won't stop harassing until they see a man by her side. Pathetic." He clicked his tongue and rolled his eyes. True enough, I stopped seeing people eyeing me and hearing nasty comments. "What are you doing out here? Weren't you just talking with The Maine?"

"I just wanted fresh air," I answered quietly, now realizing how stupid the idea was.

"Next time you want fresh air, don't hesitate to ask, alright? With me or with any of my bandmates. It's too dangerous especially here.

"Your bandmates?"

"I don't know. They seem to like you a lot based on what I've heard after our set," he shrugged. "I get why. I don't think they'd mind a little time alone with you."

I just smiled as a response and we both kept quiet while attached to the hip, going back to the bar. I gave him a smile of gratitude and then walked fast to the counter to get myself anything to drink. I settled for Coke, which obviously didn't really make the bartender happy, but it calmed me down with my little trip with Robin. I was thankful that he saw me while I was walking because I didn't know where I would've ended up tonight if he wasn't there.

"I see you got yourself comfortable with our co-headliner," he said quietly, tilting his glass to his lips.

I wanted to smack the living hell out of him. For being the king of mood swings and for being an asshole earlier. I didn't know why he started talking to me now, but I hoped he could've waited until tomorrow or the next few days.

"It's none of your business, Garrett," I answered without turning to him.

"What after Limited? Rocket?" He raised his eyebrows and shot daggers at me with his piercing blue eyes. "Not even contented with our band."

I licked my lips and let out a bitter laugh. I tried thinking of ways to mess with him but I knew he wasn't going down without a fight. "What are we, Garrett?" I asked, a sly smile forming on my lips.

He looked like he didn't know how he was going to respond and observed me carefully, putting his glass to his lips. He kept his face indifferent and he kept his eyes glued at me while I was waiting for an answer.

"Do we want to kill each other? Ignoring each other? Tolerating? Friends? Enemies? Do we want to knock the other's stack of files down and not help them up?"

The confusion he had in his blue eyes immediately washed out and was followed by an eye roll. Now I knew that he's still partly confused about what we really are. Or what we really were. I'm pretty sure Tim had given him the talk about us not ruining the tour for everyone but really, when did Garrett ever listen to them?

"I'm taking that it's the last one?" I raised my eyebrow at him.

"First and last just to keep it interesting," he nodded in agreement.

"Whatever, Garrett," I shook my head at him. "I'm not here to clear things up with you since you've made it obvious that you didn't want anything fixed. So you play on the stage while I manage the tour. Let's just go through the tour without having to send one person to the hospital."

"Pleasure doing business with you, O'Callaghan."

"Got that name stamped in your mind now, huh?"

"Just in case you try to lie again."

I just smiled and walked back to our booth, feeling more frustrated than ever. I tried making it seem like nothing happened and I think that they think that nothing much happened since they didn't give me much attention. Except for John.

"Talked to Garrett?"

"Yep," I said, popping the 'p' sound.

"Is it about the next couple of days?"

My head shot at him and stared curiously. Obviously, they're hiding something from me and I had a feeling I really was going to find out about it soon enough.

I shook my head and focused on my drink, leaving them to change the topic on their own.

I thought this tour was going fine. Little did I know it was far from that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Very sorry for the long wait! I didn't mean for this chapter to take that long. I honestly just finished it tonight so I'm sorry for all the errors. I'll try cleaning it up tomorrow.

Comments and suggestions are appreciated!

And again, I'm sorry!!