Status: HIATUS

You Found Me

Count me in

"So what kind of dress would you want for the wedding?" I asked as we stopped at a red light. Thank God because I could really use girl time with Daisy. I haven't had that for a long time and I'm really thankful it's just us this time.

"I have no idea," she shrugged, glancing at me for a second then looking out at the window. "I'm not really the type that does all the pretty dresses and skirts. And I'd enjoy that wedding more if you were coming with us."

I chuckled slightly and shook my head. "Nothing we can do about that. I'm not invited and I'm not anyone's plus one so I can't really go."

"If you arrived like three months earlier maybe you could've been Kennedy's plus one or Garrett's," she rolled her eyes. "Speaking of Garrett, what is up with you and him?"

"We've talked about this already. There's nothing going on with me and Garrett," I said.

"Kean then?" Daisy raised her eyebrows. "I don't want to judge and all but I really think he's not good news."

"Oh don't worry. John and Kennedy is with you on that one," I said.

"You haven't seen the people he hangs out with during parties," she shook her head slightly. "I'm not that happy that you have something with Kean and I'm highly recommending that you go slow if you do have a relationship with him. But I want you to be happy too," she turned to me and showed me a smile. "Wait... Do you have a thing with Kean?"

I suppose I did but it wasn't anything official so I didn't want to tell anyone without really knowing what it was. I opened my mouth and tried finding the words to say. "Maybe? I'm not sure."

"You know, March, you're kind of the only best girl friend I have around here," she nudged me with her elbow. "You're the one I'm going to vent to if I need venting. I think I might need one after all those talks with John."

My eyes widened and I slammed on the breaks almost instantly. Thankfully, there was a red light so it wasn't noticeable. But if the sudden breaking wasn't a hint that I was surprised, I guess the look on my face was. I composed myself and tried pressing a straight look. "What? What's up with you and John?"

"He keeps having these girlfriends what he keeps leaving after one hook up or one date," she rolled her eyes. "He keeps dating these bimbos and after that blows up in his face, I'm the one that's always there to take his mind off of things."

I never got to ask John what his problems were about his love life but I have noticed his incredibly close relationship with Daisy. She's over at John's room a lot and they talk almost everyday.

"It's just..." she exhaled and relaxed in her seat. "Why am I that girl? Why am I that best friend that does nothing but be there when her best friend gets fucked up? It gets plenty tiring."

"What is it with John that you can't leave him anytime you want?" I asked, trying not to get too nosy. "I mean, it's not your obligation to be right there all the time, Daisy."

"Honesty, I have no idea," she shook her head. "He's just... I don't know. I tried avoiding him when he first got here and here I am. He's my self-proclaimed best friend and he proclaimed me to be his."

"Like a John magnet?"

"Like a John magnet."

I didn't say anything and simply smiled, taking in the possibility that Daisy might be in love with John. The thought of them getting together made me kind of happy because I thought Daisy was a nice girl and she is what John needs. Maybe she isn't what John really deserves, but I think Daisy could make him a better man and he would love Daisy just the same.

I shook the thought off though as soon as we got near the mall. I didn't need to predict what's in for my brother and my best friend in the future.

We headed straight to one of the boutiques and straight to the racks of dresses near the back. We took some of the dresses out of the characters and looked at each of them, trying to find someone that she liked and something that suited her.

Just as she grabbed the red dress hanging on one of the racks, someone from the other side had her hand on the hanger.

"Oh hell to the no," Daisy groaned as she walked to the other side of the rack. I scrunched my eyebrows and followed her only to be met by the glare of the small blonde girl on the other side.

"Why are you here?" She started, crossing her arms.

"Last time I checked, you don't really own the mall," Daisy narrowed her eyes at her. "Buying a dress for the wedding."

"Then we're here for the same reason," Kat smiled, turning back to the racks and began searching for another dress.

"You're going to the wedding?" Daisy said, raising her eyebrow at the blonde girl in front of us.

"Well, why not? Garrett replied to Melissa that I was his plus one. That technically means I am invited," she said, a smug look on her face. Being around her made me quite uncomfortable, but as long as Daisy was by my side, I was going to have to deal with it.

"You were technically still invited when you and Garrett were still together. But he already broke up with you. Why don't you look for the list of your hook ups and see if any of them are invited so you can be their plus one," Daisy said with a smirk on her lips. It was very obvious that Daisy wasn't fond of Kat one bit.

"Why? Who did he invite? Her?" She looked at me from head to toe and let out a laugh. "Please. Who is she even? You're already several weeks into junior year but you're still nobody. It's so sad when I think about Garrett going from me to you."

"Oh no. I'm not- no. Not with Garrett. Not at all," I stammered, waving my hands awkwardly to deny anything between Garrett and I. "Not going to the wedding."

"You see? He didn't even invite you," she said slowly. And as the seconds go by, I wanted to kick the living crap out of her, but I had more control than that. "I forgot what your name is again. Is it-"

"It's March." I flinched at the voice that came from behind me and Daisy. I had no idea what he was doing here. "And I'd be careful messing with her because she's your best friend's girlfriend, Kat."

"Kennedy?" Daisy said, raising her eyebrows at him. "What're you-"

"And I'm suggesting that if you don't want five guys making your life a living hell for the rest of your stay here in high school, I'm suggesting you back off." His voice sounded serious and it felt like he meant every word.

She shifted her weight to another leg and for a moment, it looked like she was threatened but she shook if off and smiled at Kennedy. "You have nothing against me," she leaned in closer and spoke in a hushed tone.

"Think again, Kat. We have your ex-boyfriend who currently hates you right now and not to mention the guy that made the entire student body his friend during his first week at our school. I think we can cook something up if we wanted," he crossed his arms and gave her a smirk..

"Whatever," she rolled her eyes and stomped her way to out of the store. We watched her storm off and when she did, Kennedy and Daisy turned to me.

"You aren't coming to the wedding?" Kennedy asked.

"Wasn't invited," I smiled weakly at the both of them. "It's no big deal. Invitations got sent out a couple of months ago and it's not like the two of you could take me there."

"I'm sorry, March. I RSPV-ed that I wasn't going to bring a plus one," he shrugged.

"It's cool. Come on, guys. It's a night without me. You've had plenty of it and I'm sure me missing one gig isn't going to be a big deal," I forced a grin.

"All you'll probably do is help Daisy take care of us when we're all drunk," he laughed. "I really wish you could come."

"Can we end it here?" I said, looking at both of them. "I'm not going to go. There's no way I can go. Let's drop it and find you a dress," I said, pointing my index finger at Daisy. "How'd you get here anyway?" I turned to Kennedy for a second and began searching the racks again.

"I'm here with Jared and Pat to pick up our suits for Saturday," he said, pointing his thumb out of the store. "Then I saw the two of you and I was just going to say hi but I saw that there was trouble."

"We could've handled her ourselves," Daisy shrugged, pulling out some red and black dress.

"Oh I know the two of you can," he nodded, a slight smile on his lips. "I just wanted to join the party. Anyway, I'll be going. I'll see you two tomorrow at school," he waved at us.

We went around some more and saw this baby blue one shoulder dress that had one last stock in Daisy's size. She decided to try it on and it was easily the best dress we've seen today. She decided that it was the dress she was going to buy and she managed to convince me to let her borrow one of my heels because she wasn't the type to dress so girly and didn't have anything else to wear.

"I'll come over to your house so I can help you get prepared," I smiled as we walked over to some smoothie store for a drink.

"Good," she sighed in relief. "Because for once, I really want to look like a pretty girl."

"You are a pretty girl," I laughed taking our place in line.

"Well, shit. Thanks," she laughed along. "But I'm that girl that always wears the plain shirts and the jeans and sneakers. I actually look like I'm part of the band. Technically, I am part of the band. And guess what?"

I raised my eyebrows at her and crossed my arms.

"You're part of it too," she smirked, turning to the counter before I even had the chance to speak. When we were done ordering, we took a seat near the windows. "Maybe me dressing this way is the reason why I won't get John to ever like me."

My eyebrows shot up and my jaw fell to the floor. I swear I could hear crickets around us and I was left there to stare at Daisy.

"Oh shit," she cursed herself and covered her face with her hands. "Well there's that."

John was everyone's type. I knew that. But for once, I'm actually glad that someone likes John. She's John's friend and she's also mine. And for some reason, I just think they'd be perfect for each other.

"You like John?" I asked, my mouth falling agape.

"Yeah," she nodded, a blush creeping on her cheeks. "Why? Do you like him?" She eyed me carefully, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Oh no. Oh God no. Oh no. Hell no. Oh my God, no," I shook my head vigorously that I might as well just get a whiplash from it.

"I didn't think you'd be his type either," she sighed, leaning her chin on her hand. "You shouldn't be offended," she quickly said, her eyes widening a bit. "I just meant that John often goes for bimbos."

"I get that," I nodded. I heard our names get called and we went to the counter to pick them up. "Daisy, either John's gay or he's too much of a pansy to like you."

"Thanks," she smiled as we walked out of the store.

"No problem. I mean, you are the only best friend I've had for a couple years," I chuckled.

***

I made my way to the parking lot to find the black sedan that Kean drove. I saw that boy with the black brown hair leaning on his car and I was about to jog to him when I heard a voice behind me.

"December!"

I cringed and stopped walking to turn back.

"Still not tired of the month nicknames?" I asked with my eyebrows raised.

"Don't think I'll ever get tired of it," he pressed a smile. I returned the expression and stayed quiet, still wondering why he called me. "Oh yeah. Right. Um," he began, rubbing the back of his neck with his hands. "I was thinking... Maybe you could- If it was okay maybe you can-" He closed his eyes for a moment and took a deep breath. I chuckled at him being puzzled by all the words. "One plus to be will my the you wedding?

He put his palm on his face and mumbled something to himself. When he removed it, I gave him a soft smile and sighed. "One by one, okay? It's just me, Garrett."

"That's just it," he groaned, running his hand through his hair. "It's you. Do you have any fucking idea how much all of us-" He murmured, enough for me to not even hear clearly. "Fuck. Okay. Will you be my plus one to the wedding?"

My mouth fell slightly agape and I turned to glance at Kean waiting for me near his car. I turned back to face him and I opened my mouth to answer. "Garrett... I would love to. But I don't want to be the girl that goes out with two guys at once and Kean and I..."

His face fell and I immediately felt bad. As the days pass, I realize that I'm actually liking Kean more and more and it isn't in the best friend kind of way anymore. I just thought about how saying yes to Garrett would be wrong.

It seemed like he forced another smile at me. "March, maybe it could be like some friendly date. Or think of it this way, I'm your ticket to finally see us on stage."

I bit my lip, considering the offer. Maybe I was just getting ahead of myself and that Garrett didn't really like me romantically. The idea of seeing their band play for real in front of an audience excited me, especially because I was going to get to see how John is on stage.

I took one last look at him before nodding my head. "Fine."

"What? Wait, that's a yes?" He said, raising his eyebrows and widening his eyes.

"Yes, Garrett," I chuckled at him. "Mind picking me up at Daisy's? I was going to help her get ready."

"No problem," he grinned at me. "Tomorrow, four in the afternoon."

"Don't be late," I smiled one last time before walking to Kean. I noticed the glare in his eyes but it gradually softened as I was walking to him.

He looked at me curiously and raised his eyebrow. "What did Garrett want?" He asked, burning holes at the back of Garrett's head.

"He invited me to the wedding. You know, just so I can see them play and John sing," I shrugged, pressing a smile. "It's nothing serious, Kean."

"I don't like Garrett being around you," he shook his head lightly, looking at me with a serious face.

"I don't like Kat being around you too," I crossed my arms and stared at him in disbelief. "Kean, just to be clear, I don't like Garrett like that."

He left it at that and started the car. I could still see the unpleased expression on his face but I'm taking his silence as a sign that he's allowing me to go. After all, he can't stop me from seeing my own brother on stage even if it was only to play for a wedding.

"I hope you're right," he mumbled quietly as he got on the road.

"Right where?"

"You don't like Garrett like that."

I didn't reply and I simply stared at the window.

I think I'm right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not really an eventful chapter. It kind of sucks, I think but I also think the next ones would be better and more eventful.

And well thank you to dzsinidzsoni, heathyrxmisery, and Dreamer182 for commenting on the last chapter. I really really appreciate it. :)

I'll post the next one in 3 days because it's gon'be back to school for me on July 1.