Status: HIATUS

You Found Me

Why'd you only call me when you're high?

The first thing I noticed the moment I stepped in Kean's room was he wasn't wearing a shirt and that his hair was disheveled again in a way that suited him very much. His pants hung low on his waist and he pressed a smile when he laid his eyes on me.

"I hope you didn't have too much fun on that wedding without me," he chuckled, stepping forward and pulling me inside the room.

"It was alright," I shrugged. "I mean, I'm just really happy that I got to see John sing for the first time on stage. I didn't know he was good with singing. What have you been doing?" I said, walking over to his bed and sitting on it. I slipped out of my heels and pulled my legs closer to me, tucking under me.

He looked around, his mouth slightly agape and stepped closer to me. "Just- uh, homework. Nothing else, really." He was a few steps away from me when he took my hand and pulled me up from the bed. "But I'm really, really glad that you're here now."

I stared at him curiously when he tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear. I pursed my lips and I shook my head slightly at him. "You smell like alcohol. And go put this on, will you?" I threw him a gray shirt and it hit him on the face, making me laugh a bit. He pulled the shirt on and smiled.

"I can walk a straight line," he chuckled slightly. "C'mon, give me questions to answer and I'll prove that I'm fine."

"Fine," I said, not moving an inch away from where I stood. He was very close and if I was going to be honest with myself, I was kind of scared but at the same time feel good. "Name the six noble gases."

His hand fell beside mine and he tangled his fingers with it. "You are underestimating me too much. What happens if I do it?"

"We'll just see," I shrugged and smiled. I was probably too confident that he couldn't do it. I knew that Kean was smart, but I knew that he had trouble with Chemistry.

He sighed softly and I watched his lips form a smirk. "There are six, right?" I nodded quietly and held my breath. "There's Neon and Argon," he started, then pressing his lips to my jaw. "And there's Xenon," he whispered against my cheek. "Krypton." He moved his lips to the other side of my neck. "Radon and Helium." The second he finished answering, his lips crashed on mine and I locked my hands around his neck, closing the space between us.

I pulled away, my forehead on his and looked up at him. "I can taste the alcohol on your lips."

"Like always, it's nothing I couldn't handle," he smirked, his hands going from my back to my sides. He connected our lips again and I flinched when I felt his fingers running on my skin.

"Don't you think we're rushing this?" I breathed out, stepping back from him.

"I've known you forever," he shook his head and cupped my cheeks. I held his hand and looked at him. "I really really like you. I missed you."

I grabbed his shirt and pulled him closer, kissing him again while his hands ran down my spine making me shudder. I smirked at him and walked across the room. "I missed you too."

"Then you've got to stop running away from me," he chuckled, following me.

"I'll be back really quick," I said, before sprinting out the door, walking the comfort room at the end of the hall. I could feel the hall spinning and I still couldn't believe the last 5 minutes just happened. It was too unreal and I couldn't believe that it was going to be like that with Kean.

But the moment I opened the door, I was met with a person trying to zip her red dress up. The moment she turned and looked at me straight in the eyes, she turned back again and kept attempting to close her dress.

As I stepped back and closed the door, I contemplated on just banging my head on the wall or jumping out of the window. But I walked back in Kean's room, my jaw on the floor.

"How long have you and Kat bin rolling around in your sheets?"

"What are you talking about? I haven't kissed anyone for a long time except for you, babe."

I turned around and headed for the comfort room and when I opened it, Kat was still in there and she's still struggling to zip the dress up.

"Fuck. This dress is so fucking hard to close!" She muttered when she saw me and Kean standing under the doorway. "Now you don't have to hide me, Kean."

I turned to Kean with a look of disbelief on my face. "The girl having troubles with her zipper is saying otherwise. Why don't you go help her out?"

He closed his eyes for a moment and shook his head. "I did not pin Kat," he denied. "And I've only had one bottle of beer, March."

"And three tequila shots," Kat said, her prissy voice ringing through my ears. I noticed Kean shooting her a glare, sending her a message to stop talking.

His look soon softened when he turned to me. He tried getting a hold of me but I shoved his hand away. "March..."

"Don't touch me. Or talk to me. I might just skin you alive if you do," I spat the words out and headed downstairs and out the door.

I heard him call for me several more times but when I got out to the house, he hadn't followed me anymore. I stood outside of our yard, fishing my phone out of my pocket. As much as I didn't want my pride to get hurt, I knew I should tell John that everything went downhill with Kean. Every single one of them was right about him and I was enjoying what was happening between us to realize that Kean was every bit of bad for me.

You were right.

He didn't reply and I looked stupid to other people probably because I was sitting on the gutter of the front of our house. I didn't want to go in and have my mother question why tears were rolling out of my eyes and why I was looking puffy. Honestly, I didn't want to drag anyone into the mistake that I made, but I needed John right now because truthfully, I can have any friend but John's my go to when I have problems.

I was getting ready to drive on my own anywhere my mind took me. I didn't want to drive back to the wedding because if John didn't reply, then he probably doesn't want to ruin their good time which was completely understandable for me. And I had no idea where they're eating. I shouldn't have went to Kean. I shouldn't have hung out with him and be with him in the first place.

The moment I felt like I had to take my car out of the garage and drive somewhere was the same time I saw the car that John drove every morning along with Garrett's yellow one and Kennedy's.

I ducked my head in between my legs for a moment and looked at them. I tried to stop immediately and walked to John but he walked past me and I saw the others following him.

"No. No," I mumbled, making my way towards him and pushing him back. "Don't cause a scene." He stopped and stared at me blankly.

"If he won't, I will," Kennedy cracked his knuckles and walked by John's side.

"I don't mind throwing a punch or two too," Jared said, standing to John's left. Kennedy stood on the right while Daisy, Pat, and Garrett stood behind them. Garrett didn't say anything and though he looked pissed off when he got out of the car earlier, all I could see from his icy blue eyes now is sadness. Or pity. Both works, to be honest.

We haven't stepped on Kean's front yard when Kean barged out of the door with Kat following closely behind him.

"You mother fucker," John snapped the moment when he saw Kean walking towards us. Daisy was quick to hold his arms, preventing him from walking any further.

"John, keep yourself together, will you?" Daisy muttered. He didn't even glance at her though and fixed his gaze on the brown haired boy in front of us and the blonde one following him.

"March," Kean started, like he can't see the rest of the guys near me. "I'm sorry. Please. Don't shut me out."

"Every chance of me not shutting you out went out the window when I found out you're screwing Kat while you're seeing me," I sputtered at him, pointing my index finger at him, at Kat, then at myself. "Kean, I hope you know that I defended you when these guys told me to stay away. I said that you weren't bad for me. You were going to be good because I've known you since the beginning."

"I'm really really sorry," he said and I really thought there was sincerity with the way he looked at me and spoke. "March, please..." He stepped forward to me but before he could get a any more closer, John fisted Kean's shirt, making him stay in place.

Daisy grabbed his arms but he wasn't going to let go. "John, stop."

"I'm done not doing anything. I want to kick the hell out of him," he said through gritted teeth, glaring at Kean.

I noticed that Pat was already gripping Kennedy's arms and Garrett with Jared's. I didn't like the scene unfolding in front of me and if I could make us all vanish, I would do it. Had I known that John was going to bring every single one of them here because of this, I wouldn't have texted him. I just expected John to be there, listening to what I wanted to say.

"Let it go Kean," Kat rolled her eyes. "She isn't even worth it. None of them are."

"And you are worth it, Kat?" Jared raised his voice. I wasn't expecting that, but I guess since they've kept all of this bottled up inside ever since Garrett started dating her, I understood why they were getting pissed now.

"Well yes," she said, a smug smile on her lips. "If I wasn't, then maybe Kean started to hang out less around me and maybe we wouldn't be with me for sometime now."

"Please," Garrett laughed bitterly. "Not even a little bit." Several of them choked a laugh but Kat seemed unfazed, just glaring at us. John let his shirt go and backed up a bit, settling for just melting Kean with his gaze.

"Sure as hell better than her," she spat out, pointing at me.

I could see John's knuckles turn white and the look on all the guys faces like they're going to pounce on her.

"What are you going to do, John?" Kat teased, a smirk on her lips. "Hit a girl? What about you, Kennedy? Jared? Pat? Garrett? Want to hit me?" She looked at all of them one by one.

"We're not going to hit a girl," John muttered, looking at the rest of the band.

These boys swore like sailors and they made the most obnoxious jokes ever. They would joke around, bug you for hours, and make you want to rip your ears off but they were still one of the most respectful and good guys.

Kat gave us a smile that looked like she just won this battle but from the corner of my eyes, I saw Daisy roll her eyes. "The hell I can't," she snapped, letting go of John and walking to Kat. She was about to start sprinting towards her when John caught her by the waist and pulled her close to him, lifting her a few inches above ground. "Let me go, John. Fucking let me go or I'll cut you right after I cut this son of a bitch and that dirt bag behind him," she wiggled against John's grip and tried to kick after her but it was no use.

Kean took one good look at me first before turning around and grabbing Kat by the wrist to his car. He drove off away from us. I'm not even sure but I think I saw an apologetic look from him, but I decided to not notice it and just calm the others down.

"John, when I texted you, I just wanted to talk or something. Not beat the shit out of Kean," I said, widening my eyes at him. He stared at me with a sad expression and I couldn't help but just sigh. "But I really appreciate it that you went over here just to do that," I said quietly, giving him a smile. "All of you," I looked at all of them one by one and smiled at them.

"I'm a little surprised little Garrett here didn't even try landing a punch on Kean," Kennedy laughed.

Garrett's face reddened a little but he kept a straight face. "Face it, Ken. We all know that even if I tried, I wouldn't look intimidating," he shrugged.

***

"Not that I'm being too possessive," Daisy started talking the moment we entered the restaurant's comfort room. I walked over to the sinks and washed my hands, looking over at her. "But why'd you text John first?"

"First of all, you have to know that I would never. Ever. EVER. LIKE INFINITY YEARS EVER like John in a romantic way," I shook my head vigorously I thought my head was going to fly off. I pulled a paper towel from the dispenser on the wall and dried my hands. I had to make up an excuse quick why he's the one I go to with these situations. And for a second, I seriously considered just telling her the truth. After all, I really didn't want her to think that I had the hots for John. "He's the one that really looked out for me ever since I got here," I sighed. It wasn't a lie... I just left out that I've had bubble baths with him since we were toddlers and we practically shared baby bottles when we were in diapers. "And he's the one that kept warning me about Kean. I didn't even tell him to get me earlier. I just told him that he was right about him."

"Well I'm glad that he's there for you," she nodded. "Just like the rest of us are, a'right?"

I nodded silently and followed her out of the room, going back to our booth near the window. I kept quiet the whole time except for when I ordered and I knew that they noticed it. I could feel Garrett's stare on me but I tried to shrug it off and just laugh at whatever the guys are arguing or joking about. I smiled every time someone made a joke and every time Kennedy flicked someone's hands off because they were grabbing his fries. I laughed when Pat choked because Jared made him laugh while he was drinking milkshake and I laughed when Daisy and Garrett made fun of John in a suit.

I forgot for a second that the guy that I've been friends with for years just broke my heart. The guy that I thought was my only real friend. I suppose he still is. Maybe we weren't really just cut out to have a romantic relationship. But I thought it would've been nicer if he didn't start it if he wanted Kat.

"Do you guys want to watch a movie or something?" Daisy offered, finishing up her meal and shoving her plate away from her.

"What about at Pat's house?" Jared suggested, pointing at the long haired boy beside him. "Movie night at Pat's house."

"Everyone down?" Pat looked around and all of them seemed contented with the idea.

I however, didn't like it and I just wanted to sleep after this long day. With the getting ready and the wedding happening and then that lovely moment where my heart got shattered to pieces, it was pretty tiring and I just wanted to rest. "I'm going to pass," I pressed a smile at all of them.

"You know we're here for you, right?" Pat raised his eyebrow at me. "If this is about Kean-"

"It's just me," I interrupted him before he could finish his sentence and smiled at them again. "Come on. You try walking in three and a half inch heels for the whole day and let's see if you won't get tired," I joked, making them all give me soft smiles.

"How are you gonna get home?" John asked, eyeing me carefully. He knew he was my only ride at that table.

"I can walk home," I nodded.

"Let me get this straight," Jared looked at me, lowering his eyebrows. "You don't want us to drive to Pat's house for a movie... But you want to walk home because you're tired having to walk the whole day in your heels."

"That's about right."

"You want to walk home... In your heels?" Jared raised his eyebrow at me and I just shushed him, a laugh escaping my lips.

"I'll drive you," Kennedy grinned. Everybody turned to look at him and when John opened his mouth to turn Kennedy's offer down but I just agreed with him. "My mom is telling me to get home now so I might as well drop you off."

"Are you sure?" John raised his eyebrow at me and back at Ken.

"Yeah," I said. I slipped out of the booth and grinned at them, my stare lingering on a little longer at Garrett. I tore my gaze away and followed Kennedy out of the restaurant. The moment I got in his car, I texted John that Kennedy already knew that he was my brother.

I remained silent, just like I did the whole night while Kennedy glanced at me every few seconds. After a few more uncomfortable moments I just rolled my eyes and leaned my head on my hand. "Tell me 'I told you so.'"

"That's not how I roll," he shook his head, the ends of his lips curving into a smile. "He was your close friend. I can't blame you for defending him."

I sighed and stared at the lights out the window. "He was my neighbor. He was my best friend. The only person I could truly count on when everybody decided to turn their backs on me" I mumbled.

"I get that," he said without turning to look at me. "Think about it this way. Heraclitus said that 'Change is constant'. Could be for a year. Or for the whole summer. But it still happens," he shrugged.

I kept quiet, getting lost inside my own thoughts. He was right. I couldn't expect him to be the same guy a year ago. Or even a summer ago. It was stupid of me to think that I was going to find love in him anyway. I just knew at that moment that it isn't for me and I should stick to what I do best. Studying my ass off.

The moment he pulled in front of my house, he stopped the engine and turned to look at me. "Are you alright?"

"I think I'm good," I nodded, getting out of my seat belt. I was about to open the door and leave when he took my wrist.

"You know, I've only known you for a little while. About several weeks or so, but I can tell that there's something wrong."

"What gave it away?" I furrowed my eyebrows and forced a smile. "The fact that the guy I'm dating cheated on me or the one where I hide John is my sibling?"

"Can I stay with you for while?" He asked, letting go of my wrist.

"I thought your mom was already telling you to go home?" I raised my eyebrows and looked at him curiously.

"I just said that because I knew that Garrett was literally milliseconds away from volunteering himself to take you home and because John doesn't know that I know that he is your brother and that he wants him to take you home," he chuckled, shaking his head lightly.

"Since when did you become an expert on the guys?" I laughed, slipping out of the car.

"The real question is, how can I not know those things? Garrett was about to fall out of his seat and John looked like he was about to lose it."
♠ ♠ ♠
The next one's my favorite so far...
But come on, gimme some thoughts? :D
And thank you heathyxmisery (VERY VERY MUCH FOR COMMENTING ON EVERY CHAPTER LIKE REALLY. THANK YOU) and musicdoe (I really appreciate that wow. :">)
The next one will be up very soon because it's kind of a continuation of this chapter. :)