Status: in progress. i'm kinda just winging it and writing as i go.

The Haven

Haven Newport is the loneliest girl you'll ever meet, but you'd have to study up to get even an inkling of that. Even those closest to her don't see it, or at least they don't dare say a word. At the age of 17, at approximately 12:11 am, her parents, driving home from a date night, hit a patch of black ice. The car swerved and took out the guard rail, and fell into a valley below to their deaths. Haven, an only child, woke up the next morning alone. When she turned eighteen, a hefty sum of money was at her disposal, the family house, as well as all of her parents' other assets. They left her everything. Haven was a willed-millionaire. But being family-less, she felt penniless. She fell into a rough patch. Bad relationships, drugs, it was one thing after another. As she got older, she calmed down, and was able to become a successful musician and person, but she ended up with all kinds of scars. In order to curb her ongoing loneliness, she opened up her home as an makeshift-inn for travelling bands to stay when touring. A new group comes along and are able to see through her facade of smiles and good will. They see glimpses of her through the holes in the walls she's built. They feel a need to rescue her...before she caves in on her own self.
  1. Distractions
    i haven't finished this chapter yet, almost, not yet.