Status: Updated every Friday.

Vita Mortem

Boggart in the Cupboard

The cupboard door opened slowly, rasping open on rusted hinges. The door opened fully to reveal an empty cupboard with one lonely rail for clothes contained within.

Ravan’s eyes scanned the room slowly, her eyes darkening as a small smile appeared on her face. She whispered lowly, “darkness is coming,”

“That’s not right,” Professor Lupin mumbled, confused. He took a step forward, towards the cupboard, and the classroom was encased in darkness. The students erupted into screams at the sudden disorientation, Lupin shouting over the din for everyone to stay calm, when the room lightened again.

Professor Lupin began a head-count, checking that all the students were unharmed, when Scarlet began to scream.

“No, please, is there anyone there? No, anyone, get me out! I don’t want to be here!” she screamed, wheeling about but seeing nothing, hearing nothing.

“Scarlet!” Ravan yelled, rushing up to her friend when a soft white glow began to emit from her friend’s body, holding her and whispering encouragements in her ear. Scarlet began to shake, tears streaming down her face before the Professor dashed up to them and yanked Scarlet away.

The Boggart wavered for a moment, then settled on a new target.

Ravan.

The dark haired girl watched warily for any sign of the boggart, she took a step forward, and a perfect image of herself materialized, it’s eyes closed.

“She’s afraid of herself?” Ravan heard someone speak up and she clenched her jaw, ignoring the voice, she approached her mirror image until they stood at arms length apart.

Its eyes flicked open, showing nothing but a dark void and a sick, twisted grin formed on its lips. Ravan stood her ground, willing her racing heart to calm down. The boggart’s mouth opened and it broke the silence, “embrace the darkness,” it crackled, “you’re already half way there.”

Lupin’s eyes widened and he backed away from the boggart, managing to keep a hold on Scarlet. His senses told him that there was more at play here, and that this creature was imitating something truly terrifying.

The boggart closed the gap between itself and Ravan, curling its fingers around her throat and hoisting her up into the air. Ravan struggled in its powerful grip as her feet dangled. The class of students screamed once more, the less-than-brave students making a move for the door.

Fred yelled, “Your wand Ravan, use it!” concerned for his friend who look so very small in the boggart’s grip.

Ravan slowly brought her arm up, fighting the boggart’s strength with her own, and aimed her wand in the perfect copy’s face. “Riddikulus,” she rasped, the boggart letting go of her to get away, dropping her on the hard floor.

The Professor acted quickly, locking the cupboard door silently so as to not spook Scarlet, who was still shaking in his hold of her, and to get that horrid creature away from him. “Ravan, are you alright?” he asked her, standing about Ravan’s form lying down on the ground.

“Perfectly fine Professor,” Ravan rasped for breath, “just thought I’d take a little bit of a rest down here for a while.”

Professor Lupin lifted an eyebrow at her statement, shocked she was still so jovial after what she had been through, but said no more about it. “I need a volunteer to take Scarlet to the Hospital Wing, she’s gone into shock. Quickly!” he added, when he saw that the class was too busy talking about what had occurred.

Quietly, Lupin watched as one of the Weasley twins pushed his brother forward, clearly volunteering him to be the one to take Scarlet. “Alright, Weasley, you take her,” Lupin said, watching carefully as the boy took Scarlet from his arms and walked slowly out the door. “Weasley,” he pointed at the other, “help her up off the floor while I continue the lesson.”

Fred grinned, moving forward to help Ravan up. He offered his hand, grinning and said “This situation seems awfully familiar. Weren’t you on top last time though?”

Ravan simply looked at him, grabbing his hand and pulling him down to her level.

“We have to stop meeting like this, people will talk,” Fred smirked. It was entirely too easy to flirt with Ravan and tease George about Scarlet, and it was a lot of fun. Suddenly, Fred could see the year ahead being a lot more fun with the two of them involved.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is it for our special week, we hoped you enjoyed the double updates on both our days!

Thank you for reading! :D

-Jordy