Status: Updated every Friday.

Vita Mortem

Poetry in Motion

A dark-haired girl hummed to herself as she wandered down the narrow train walkway. Her eyes darkened slightly as she passed each compartment that didn’t interest her. The girl paused, lingering at a compartment door that was closed, an eerie smile gracing her lips as she reached out to open the door.

Her eyes lightened to a vivid blue colour as she abruptly opened the door to reveal a shocked occupant of the compartment.

“Scarlet Lily Wolfe! How could you just ditch me at the Leaky Cauldron like that?” the dark haired girl whined childishly, stomping her foot.

The dirty blonde-haired girl seemed shocked at the sudden noise, wondering how her friend had found her so quickly, but she swiftly recovered, “Ravan?” Scarlet paused before stating, “That’s payback for not writing to me until the end of the summer break!”

“I told you I was busy though, plus I said sorry,” the dark haired girl mumbled grumpily as she entered the compartment fully, pulling her trunk in behind her, a cat following at her heels.

It meowed, nuzzled against her leg, then jumped up onto a seat and promptly closed his eyes. “Oh, Nova, I’m so glad you’re comfortable, taking up half of the seat. Here, let me sit further away so you can have more room,” Ravan said, rolling her eyes as she sat down next to him.

Scar simply chuckled and returned to her previous activities, a small smile on her face.

Ravan stared at her. “So, are you planning on ignoring me the whole way to Hogwarts, or am I just going to sit here and stare at you?” she asked.

“Do what you want Rae, I’m not gonna stop you.” Scarlet stated matter-of-factly, never lifting her eyes up to Ravan’s.

“Okay!” Ravan exclaimed, moving to sit next to Scarlet, “Since you aren’t going to stop me you’re going to put down your damn book, look at me, and act like a normal human being that can hold a conversation. That okay?”

Scarlet sighed, doing as Ravan stated. “Okay, but not for too long. I need to finish reading this textbook for Transfiguration,” finally facing Ravan. Ravan smiled, seeing Scarlet’s attitude become much friendlier.

Ravan’s blue eyes meet Scarlet’s grey eyes and a surprised gasp escaped Ravan’s lips as her eyes unfocused. Ravan’s smile vanished from her face, a relaxed serious expression crossing her face as she searched Scarlet’s.

“Once Life meets Death,
Their fates entwine,
Two total opposites,
Do combine,
To trials faced,
Hardships endured,
Their tragic pasts,
Remain obscured.”


Scarlet stared at her, eyes wide and disbelieving. “Since when did you recite poetry? Since when did you like poetry?? Since when could you read???”

Ravan looked at her, “Hey! I’ll have you know I read a picture book once-” Ravan paused, “Wait…”

“You did just recite a poem, didn’t you?” Scarlet asked, confused.

Ravan hesitated before nodding her head. “Oh, uh, yeah. Poetry. I can do that, yes,” she said, unconvincingly.

“Well, in that case, I’ll have to get you to read this book of poetry I find very infor-“

Ravan stops Scarlet with a “Yeah, sure, you do that.” She then grins wolfishly, “Anyway, in the real world, did you realize that the train has stopped moving, and we aren’t anywhere near Hogwarts? Curious, hm?”

Scarlet looked up quickly, confirming Ravan’s statement. “So we have. What’s going on?” she asked, as the windows slowly frosted over.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed, don't know when we'll be updating next so please be patient! :D

-Jordy