Status: Updated every Friday.

Vita Mortem

A Rude Awakening.

Scarlet yanked the curtains open to expose the brand-new day that was beginning to shine directly on Ravan’s face.

“They reserve a special place in hell for people like you,” Ravan mumbled, turning over into her pillow, “why are you waking me up so early?”

Scarlet grinned, already dressed and ready to go. “Because, class starts in an hour, and you still need to get dressed, find your textbooks, eat breakfast and uncomfortably flirt with every available boy you see.”

Ravan cringed, “that’s a long list,” she mumbled, stumbling out of bed only to trip on her cat, Nova, who was sleeping soundly on the floor at the foot of her bed. “Nova! Angel’s sake, what are you doing sleeping there?”

“Well, he was on your face before, when you were asleep. I moved him so you wouldn’t suffocate, but if you don’t want me to move him next time, that’s fine,” Scarlet laughed, moving to grab her bag. “We should get going if we want to grab breakfast, it might be all gone already.”

Ravan nodded her head and ran around finding her uniform, as she went about her morning routine. She brushed her teeth and washed her face, making sure she was presentable before grabbing her own bag and joining Scarlet as they made their way downstairs, ready to start the day.

As they sat down to their breakfast, Ravan still half-asleep and Scarlet wide awake, they overheard a conversation between Oliver Wood and a timid first-year.

“You’re interested in Quidditch kid? Sorry to break it to you, but first-years can’t play Quidditch. Except for one special circumstance,” Oliver frowned, seeing the young boy’s expression fall, “you can always try out next year though.”

Ravan snapped out of her reverie at the mention of Quidditch, grabbing her fork and stabbing it into the table as she stared at Oliver.

“Ravan!” Scarlet yelled, “Do you know how old this mahogany table is? I can’t believe you would do something like that!” She pulled the fork out of the table and muttered a soft ‘Reparo’ as she waved her wand over the damage.

“Did you say Quidditch?” Ravan asked, ignoring her friend to bat her eyes at Oliver as she leaned over to talk to him, a sweet smile graced her lips.

“If you’re interested in trying out, the try-outs are in two weeks,” he said, looking up at who spoke to him briefly before looking back down at his plate, pausing in his actions to look up at her again. “Wait, you want to try out? Are you sure?”

Ravan scoffed, picking up a fork and brandishing it at him as she leaned in closer, “Got a problem Wood? It’s okay, I hear every one out of five does,” Ravan stated defensively.

“I guess you would be good on the team, seeing as you’ve got a fighting spirit!” Oliver grinned.

Ravan grinned back, excited by the prospect of playing Quidditch. The two kept grinning at each other, seeming not to blink.

Scarlet stared at the two of them in disbelief, until she could take no more and slammed her hand on the table. “Before you two rip each other’s clothes off in a public place, I need to remind you that we have class in ten minutes!”

Oliver flinched, startled by the intrusion. “Who are you and when did you get here?”

Scarlet just rolled her eyes and dragged Ravan behind her as she walked out of the Great Hall.

Oliver yelled out at their retreating figures, “Wait! What’s your name?” his eyes pinned on Ravan as she was pulled around the corner.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey there!
Jordy and I have devised a schedule for updating this story that we will do our best to uphold. It will be updated every Monday and Friday (NZ time), so look forward to another update on Friday!
Here is a rose for reading! @};-
-Jess.