Status: Updated every Friday.

Vita Mortem

Rage and Revenge

Scarlet felt a soft but firm object bump itself against her hands. Her eyes opened to see Buckbeak brushing his head against her hands, and she stared open-mouthed in shock. “Hagrid, what’s going on?” she asked, her voice shaking.

“I don’t know lass, I’ve never seen anything like this with ‘im,” Hagrid chuckled, “He must like you. I’ll go get some ferrets for the other students to ‘ave a chance with him.”

Scarlet laughed nervously and moved her hands slightly to brush against Buckbeak’s head, finding it to be soft and bristly. She smiled and began to move her hands with more confidence, Buckbeak trilling softly and stepping closer to her. Scarlet began laughing and looked back at Fred and George, her face truly lit up with happiness.

The sun seemed to shine more brightly, a ray of sunshine spilling onto Scarlet and Buckbeak, the scent of wildflowers permeating the air as Scarlet smiled at the boys and the rest of the class.

“Overgrown turkey,” the first student to approach Buckbeak cursed, “How could he like her when none of us do?”

Scarlet’s demeanor changed from showing rapture at the wonder of nature to dark, glowering at the student. She understood that no-one knew her, but to imply no-one liked her was too far.

The boy snorted before replying, “What are you going to do, tell your mummy?” he smirked, turning to his friends for support and finding none.

Scarlet flinched, the slow rise of rage within her reaching a tipping point, and she began to stride towards him with the intent to hurt and humiliate.

Before she had taken two steps towards him, Buckbeak had launched forward raised on his hind legs and started to shriek in anger as he approached.

Scarlet rushed forward in an attempt to stop him, hands held out as she brought him to halt him. “Hey there, woah, it’s okay, calm down! Nothing to be angry about!”

Buckbeak huffed, settling down and stared down at the student, who began to feel uncomfortable.

It was at this point in time that Hagrid returned, holding a bunch of deceased ferrets in his hand. “Ah, it’s good to see that you’re all still getting along!”

Scarlet snorted, “Yeah, getting along just fine.”

Image

Scarlet lay on her bed, reviewing over her homework assigned to her when a series of loud noises and cries intruded the quiet. She sighed, muttering “That has to be Ravan,” before pulling herself upright and making her way down the stairs. Ravan screamed something unintelligible, confirming Scarlet’s suspicions.

Scarlet stopped at the foot of the steps at the sight before her. Ravan had the jerk that had harassed Scarlet in a headlock, “I heard you were talking some massive ogre shit about my Scar, so prepare to meet your maker,” she screamed.

Before she could do anything, she felt arms wrap around her waist. She was hauled high into the air, forcing her to let go of the jerk as she flailed around, trying to escape. A voice sounded in her ear as she struggled, “Hey there, it’s only the first day and you’re already fighting? He’s not worth the detention. Trust me, I’d know.”

Ravan turned to see Fred and stilled. She heaved out a breath and her eyes lightened, a pout formed on her lips. “I didn’t expect you’d be the one to stop me. I figured Scar would,” Ravan said, pointing a finger at the approaching Scarlet.

“Ravan, I appreciate you getting vengeance for me, but this isn’t the way to go about it,” Scarlet shouted.

“Then how?” Ravan asked, confused. “What do you suggest then?”

As they talked, the jerk slowly moved over to the exit of the Common Room, and quickly made a run for it. Scarlet grinned wolfishly as she watched him run out of the Common Room, “You get him when there are no witnesses to see what you do.” The occupants of the Common Room all laughed at that, beginning to go about their prior business before Ravan had caused a scene.

Ravan’s eyes darkened and her mouth formed a lopsided grin as she slipped away, leaving the Common Room almost unnoticed and trailing after the boy.

Scarlet watched her go, seeing her eyes change, before she shook it off and joked with Fred and George about the benefits of being invisible.

Image

A gasp is heard and someone is screaming for help. Minutes pass and people arrive on the scene, summoned by the screaming.

“Quickly, get him up and take him to the Hospital Wing,” Professor McGonagall spoke as a Gryffindor prefect swiftly assessed the surrounding area, making sure no one else was around, before picking up the trembling boy.

When the Professor entered the Hospital Wing, she walked up to Madam Pomfrey and looked down at the shaking boy on a bed.

“What’s wrong with him?” she asked, looking worried.

“I’m not quite sure, it seems he’s just been badly frightened.” Pomfrey stated, concerned for the boy.

“What’s he whispering?” the prefect asked and the small group quietened.

“I saw Death…. I saw Death….” the boy stopped shaking and with wide eyes he said, “And Death saw me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Two chapters in one day, we're on fire!

Hope you enjoyed this update :D

-Jordy