Picture This

Șase

I opened the apartment door, feeling more queezy than ever. I had my phone turned off all night so I never checked it, but there was a note from Amy saying she had to leave, she wasn’t feeling well and wanted to head home, said she would call in the morning.

I looked through my purse, noticing that my phone was nowhere to be found, “Great” I mumbled to myself before changing into something more comfortable. I found some Gravol in the kitchen and headed to bed. But it wasn’t long before I was out of it again, hugging the toilet. Immediately it was like my insides were being ripped out of me. After probably an hour, when nothing was coming out, I heard the buzzer. I managed to pull myself up and immediately tell them to go away.

“It’s Sebastian, is everything okay?”

The overwhelming sickness was enough to keep my feelings at bay, and I didn’t even care who it was at this point. I buzzed him up without a word and then ran to the bathroom again.

I heard a knock slightly after, “Anna?”

“What?” I said, a little harshly.

“I found your phone in the car, I thought I’d return it”

“The door’s open” I kept my place in the bathroom and heard the door open and shut.

“What happened?” he asked.

I couldn’t answer him, because of the fact my head was in the toilet. And then I heard steps behind me, “Oh God, are you okay?”

“Not in the slightest” I groaned. I leaned up against the bathtub with the last of my energy. He leaned down and I felt his hand on my skin. It was cold, but felt nice in the state I was in.

“You are burning up” he said, “You need to get to bed”

At this point I was in no mood for arguing. He helped me up and then swung me up in his arms effortlessly. He set me down gently and then pulled the covers over me. My stomach was still nauseous but I had no energy left to do a thing. He left the room again and came back with a bucket and water.

“Thank you” was all I could muster up before I began to fall asleep.

I was in and out of sleep all night, but thankfully nothing else came up. I assumed Sebastian left, so when I woke up, I immediately jumped into the shower, getting the feeling and smell off of me. I finished quickly, feeling ten times better and pulled on gym shorts and a white t-shirt. I attempted to towel dry my hair and then spotted feet hanging over the couch. I turned the corner into the living room and he was out like a light and I couldn’t help but smile a little. I gave him a small tap and he jolted awake, “Hey” he said sleepily and then sat up, rubbing his eyes, “How are you feeling?”

I shrugged, “Better, but I’m not about to enter any pie-eating contests. You stayed here?”

He nodded, “I did, you needed a little help”

“You didn’t have to stay. You went above and beyond”

He stood up and then ran a hand through his hair, slightly messy from sleep, “You looked awful, you sounded awful, I wasn’t just going to leave you”

I felt the butterflies in my stomach, and tried to not blush.

“I thought you had to go out of town”

“That’s tonight, I have time. I’m just glad you’re better”

“I guess we won’t be going there anymore?” I asked.

He laughed a little, “Maybe we were destined to stick to coffee dates”

I laughed, “Maybe”

He sighed, “I’m glad you’re okay”

“Thank you” I told him, “For staying. It was really great of you”

He shrugged, as if it was no big deal, “I did what I had to do”

“You’re doing the movie lines again” I said.

“That did sound like one, didn’t it?”

I nodded, “Very much so”

He smiled and then placed his hand on my cheek, “I’ll see you soon, okay?”

I nodded, “I know. Call me, okay? Let me know you got there okay?”

“I will” he said, “Bye Anna”

Watching him leave made me realize that I didn’t like the feeling. I didn’t like watching him disappear, unsure of when I would see him again. I knew the feelings were growing deeper, and that scared me a little bit, but I wasn’t backing out now. I was going for it.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little short, so I'm sorry :( School has been nuts. Trying to get some time in to write. Some of these next couple chapters were written a while back. Hope you like it! Comments appreciated!