Status: we are savages <3

Mistakes

Prologue

My Love,

I let you go. There, I said it. But you let me let you go. I stood in that doorway of our house and asked you if you wanted this, wanted us. I asked you if we were worth saving. You said you didn't know, and it was like I had gotten stabbed in the chest.

And then I was gone, and you didn't come after me. Our lives weren't written by Nicolas Sparks. You didn't come running after me in the pouring rain and tell me everything would be okay and that we'd work it out together. You just let me go.

Your things were gone when I came back. Honestly, I had come back to talk things out with you. We'd argued before, but it was nothing that a heart to heart couldn't fix. We loved each other, and that was supposed to be enough. But you were gone.

I had grown so used to seeing your things amongst my things - your plaid shirts balled up at the base of our bed, your lighters everywhere because you'd put them down and forget about them, the scent of you filling up our bathroom after you took a shower. It was then that I realized that you and I were over, truly and completely, and I sat down and cried.

Never have I felt so alone anywhere. I had followed you out to California when you and Kyle started getting serious about music, and now that you were gone, I had no one. Sure, I had friends, but the only thing keeping me here was you. You left me a voicemail saying that I should keep our apartment, but I can't do it, David. So many memories are buried deep in these walls. They would drive me mad, and I don't want to be sad anymore.

I've left the house keys. You can have the apartment, or sell it. It really doesn't matter anymore. I'm going back to Denver for a little while. Maybe forever. I don't know what I want anymore. I'd built my life around you, and now I'm just empty.

But I did want to say that I'm sorry I've been ignoring your phone calls, if you're even still reading this anymore. I know you just want to talk, but I can't handle your voice. I can barely even say your name. I'm so sorry. I hope you can get help, though, David. If anything at all, I hope you take care of yourself for me.

I think we met at the wrong time. That’s what I keep telling myself anyway. Maybe one day years from now, we’ll meet in a coffee shop in a far away city somewhere and we could give it another shot. So, until then, I’ll just have to continue feeling this way everyday.

I love you so much.

Keep my heart safe. I've left it with you.

Love,

Your Ellie xx
♠ ♠ ♠
New story. Stoked about it. Comments make me so happy xx