Status: we are savages <3

Mistakes

O14.

Dating a musician had ups and downs. The fangirls could think all they wanted about how easy it'd be to be their favorite band guy's leading lady, but it was tough as hell. If I thought having to deal with David being on tour was hard, it was a whole new can of worms having to deal with the boys recording their new record. I was in the honeymoon phase when the boys released Hello Fascination and Dave and Kyle introduced their Blush clothing line. I was just so excited that David finally knew I had feelings for him, and the fact that he had feelings for me, that all the touring, the interviews, and the press just didn't register. All I cared about was the fact that David was coming home to me at the end of the night.

This time around was different, though I could never understand why. David was gone when I woke up. He'd be gone all day, and I would go to bed alone. There were days, in the beginning, in my innocence, where I would sit up and wait for him. I didn't want to sleep alone; I always slept better beside him. But it was getting so difficult. I hadn't spoken to him properly in three weeks, and the worst part is that if we ever did get to talk, I wouldn't know what to talk about. He was slipping away from me, and I hated it.

But I wasn't going down without a fight. I had come this far, and I'd be damned if I came this far just to walk away. So I did sit up one night, waiting, checking my phone. David came stumbling in at 4am, bleary-eyed and completely faded.

"Hey, baby," he slurred at me. God, he was completely shit-faced.

"Hi, babe. How was the studio?" I asked, trying so hard to keep it together. I could feel my hands shaking.

"It was great. It's going peachy fine," he said and started laughing, leaning against my shoulder when he sat down beside me.

He reeked of alcohol, and it was becoming harder to keep it together. "That's wonderful, babe. So how are you? I haven't spoken to you in ages, Dave." It wasn't something a woman should say to the man she loved. It sounded like something you'd say at a high school reunion.

He'd been playing with my fingers, pressing my fingertips against his lips affectionately. "I'm..." He thought for a moment. "I'm drunk, Ellie. Really drunk. Can we talk tomorrow? When I'm less drunk?"

"David, I haven't seen you in weeks. There won't be a tomorrow; you'll be back in the studio," I said, feeling my voice rising an octave or two in hysteria. Didn't he care?

"Look, baby. I don't want to fight. Can we talk about it in the morning?" he asked, all ready heading down the hallway to bed. I didn't watch him go.


------------------------------------------------

"This is vaguely stalkerish, Bradley. Why did I agree to this?" I asked her, standing in the elevator nervously with my weekend bag.

Bradley smiled at me. "Don't puss out on me now, Elle. It's called a surprise. Besides, you can't stalk your boyfriend."

I rolled my eyes. "Oh, you can definitely stalk your boyfriend, Brad. And that's not helping me. I'm trying not to be the clingy girlfriend here, remember?"

"You're not even that clingy," she said and then yelped when I smacked her. "What?"

"Not helping!" I repeated loudly and then sighed when the elevator doors opened.

I had called the boys ahead of time to find out what hotel they were staying at so that Bradley and I could get a room. Luckily for us, we snagged a really nice room at the always fancy Cosmo. Bradley unlocked our door and I grinned around her shoulder.

"I am one hundred percent obsessed with this! Look at the view!" Bradley shrieked, dropping her bag on the ground.

We'd gotten a beautiful two-story suite, with our own terrace and hot tub, because we decided the hell with it; we were going to live like A-listers for the weekend. I hadn't planned on spending our entire weekend with David and the boys, even though a part of me wanted to. I had decided to spend today with him and do some partying tonight with the boys, and Saturday was definitely going to be a girl's day. Bradley wanted to live it up, so we'd planned on grabbing a (very expensive, mind you) lunch at the Stratosphere, go shopping in the Strip, and do some gambling. This weekend was going to be amazing, and I was so excited to get started.

"You don't mind if I...?" I began and Bradley grinned at me.

"Go play with your boy, babe. I'll hold it down here," she said sweetly.

I rolled my eyes. "The bar situation is that good, huh?" I teased her.

"You wouldn't even believe it if I showed you. They have champagne on the menu. Girl, we are definitely blowing so much money tomorrow," Brad said, grinning again.

"It sounds perfect, Brad. We're definitely going to do it all tomorrow," I told her, grinning. "I'll let you know when we have to get to the show tonight, okay?"

She nodded and waved me away, her nose buried in the room service menu. I stepped back into the elevator and went up two floors to where the boys were staying. I found the room pretty easily and knocked. Lou answered and grinned when he saw me, pulling me into his arms almost immediately.

"Hey, Elle. Glad you could make it. You find the place okay?" he asked.

I nodded and gave him a squeeze around the middle. "Yeah, it was super easy. We got our own room down on the seventh floor. This hotel is gorgeous."

Luis nodded and smiled at me. "It's so chill. We're loving it here.," he said and then tilted his head inside. "Come on. Let's go surprise D."

A lot of musicians used time off on tour to do things like write lyrics and create music. David was no different. He was sitting on the couch, his laptop open and sitting on the table in front of him. He had a little MIDI portable keyboard hooked up to it as well as his phone, a notebook open beside it with lots of scratched out words. Guess the boys were busy this afternoon.

David looked up and smiled at me. "Hey, baby," he said easily and then looked back at his phone. Three beats passed and his head shot up again. "Baby?!" I'd never seen him get up so quickly. He wrapped his arms around me and picked me off the floor just a little before his hands held my face and he kissed me, hard. "Elle, what even are you doing here?"

I smiled at him. "I heard you boys had the weekend off after the show tonight. I thought I'd come see you play. Are you mad?"

He kissed me again, and I could taste his smile. "No, of course not, baby. I just can't believe you're here! God, I'm so damn happy." His hands found my face and he dropped a kiss on my nose and then my forehead.

I couldn't stop smiling. "Yeah?"

He kissed my mouth once more. "Yeah."

The afternoon was lovely. I hung out with Lou and Dave, listening to them be creative. David didn't let me leave his side, so I had my back against the far side of the couch, pressed against the arm, with my legs thrown across David's lap. It wasn't smart, because he had to keep moving to mess with his computer or fuck around with his keyboard, so I ended up just moving my feet all together. I really loved watching Dave work. When he was inspired, he got so damn excited about it. Sometimes he wouldn't sleep all night because he was trying hard to grind out the kinks from whatever he was working on. I loved that he worked so hard. Ambitious men were deliciously sexy.

Soon after, the boys had to leave for sound check. I stood up and grabbed my things whilst the boys put their shoes on and found their access passes. I paused at a full length mirror when I caught sight of myself and decided to be a girl for two seconds, pouting my lips and fluffing my hair slightly. I still looked amazing in my dress and heels, and felt even more amazing.

I bent down to snag a hat off the floor and smiled. It was David's, from the Born Legends line, with his favorite word printed on it: Creeped. I rolled my eyes and pulled it on over my head anyway, smiling at my reflection. It didn't look half bad, to be honest.

"You look cute as hell in my stuff, Ellie," David said, coming up behind me. His arms wrapped around my waist and he pressed his lips against the curve of my neck.

"Awh, fuzzy," I said affectionately. "But, to be honest, I kind of like it. Can I...?"

"Yeah, of course. Looks good on you, cutie pie," he teased me, stealing a kiss from my lips. "Are you and Brad just gonna meet us at the venue then?"

I nodded. "Mhm, that's the plan. Are you guys grabbing dinner at all? Can I bring you something?"

"We got stuff waiting for us on our rider, but thanks, baby. That's really sweet of you." David stole one last kiss from me before he stepped back from me completely, taking my hand so we could walk together to the elevator.

We all went back down two floors and I got so caught up in kissing David goodbye that Tommy yanked on my arm and playfully shoved me out of the elevator.

I gave him a half-hearted stink eye and then smiled at Dave. "See you soon?" he asked.

I grinned. "Soon."

Bradley and I were in the middle of getting ready for our evening when my phone chirped, letting me know I had a notification. Making sure my hair was still pinned in place, I carefully moved over to my bed to check it. I smiled instantly, sending David a quick little 'I love you' text message for being himself.

@davidlovesit
this beauty came to surprise me today! you're in for the best show, vegas, cause ya boy is happy as fuck! let's rip! @ kalelsabrina http://instagram.com/p/wxcuQJQRtm/


I wasn't sure how I was going to get him back for this, but I was hoping that tonight would give me a chance. Bradley and I finished getting ready and snagged her for a quick photo together before we had to rush into the elevator and catch our Uber. Once inside, I let Brad tell the man where we were going whilst I updated Twitter, like the social media whore that I was.

@kalelsabrina
vegas with the best! off to see my boo do his thing :] @ davidlovesit
http://instagram.com/p/eaqpRDCTgl/


The boys were on point, as they always were. They played all of their best songs, and I marveled at the way David shone on stage. It was fucking amazing. He would just stop singing in the middle of a song, usually to rehydrate, and the crowd didn't miss a damn beat. They screamed the words right back to him until he began singing again. It was pure magic.

After the show, the BC boys were all planning to head to the bar with the SWS boys. David hesitated when the suggestion was made and he looked at me nervously. It sort of bothered me that he seemed to want permission to go out with his friends, but I recalled one horrible fight from before where I accused him of being an alcoholic because of how much drinking he did when he was on tour. At home, he had a beer every once and a while and drank wine with dinner sometimes, but on tour, he was constantly drinking alcohol and it had pissed me off. I knew why he was hesitating, and I wished I could take it back. I wasn't so sure I thought he was an alcoholic anymore; I'd just been so angry that night.

Instead of answering the question in his eyes, I took his hand and pulled him out the back door of the venue and slipped into the show rider beside Bradley. The boys found a karaoke bar three blocks away and we all parked ourselves there. It was definitely a cool place, packed to the brim and buzzing with life. Everyone was having a really great time, and I insisted on David teaching me how to play pool, since it was there.

However, I couldn't help but notice how much David was drinking that night. I hadn't meant to, but my head was keeping a score sheet. I was on my second beer, he was on his fourth. I took a shot, he'd all ready taken three. I parked myself on a bar stool and watched him. I wanted him to have a good time with his friends, but the way he put alcohol away was a little scary.

And when he came back to me, arm around my shoulder, kissing me hard, he was sweating vodka, and I half hated him for it.
♠ ♠ ♠
so it's been a hot ass minute, but here is my update. extra long at 2k+ words, mostly because it's been a while and also because i love you all. so things are getting a little heated, yeah? i'm hoping to have a fluffy christmas chapter up in the coming days, because i love christmas and dave and kalel need an oasis in the storm before i rip them to shreds. spoiler alert.

comments make me love you! and merry christmas if i don't get the update up in time! xx