Status: A remade version of a story I had written on Quizilla years ago.

The Avenger's Demon

I Will Follow You

Sithena sighed when Sasuke had confronted her. There was no way around this. “I am…I am here because of you, Sasuke. That is why Cylix had come. He was furious that I would still carry out your parent’s wishes to serve and protect you”. Sasuke’s eyes had widened, stepping back. “My parents?” He choked out a bit.

“You were still a baby at the time. I was about 56 at the time but 11 in human years. In some sense I was still a kid, even now I’m still considered a kid. Though, anyways, your parents came to my family. We never understood why they had asked for a dragon to pledge their loyalty to their kid when they had an older child that seem to not need one” she paused for a moment, glancing to Sasuke who only stared at the ground.

“They had concern in their eyes. Though we believed you would excel just as your brother did but we did not want to question a parent’s concern. My mother had chosen me, in some sense I had a choice but…” Sithena’s words choked slightly. She wasn’t sure why it was so difficult to just tell him the truth. His onyx eyes met hers, he was entranced by their beauty but they held a bit of sadness to them.

She broke the gaze by looking out a new by window, seeing a small butterfly flutter to a safe haven during the night. “The moment I saw you, so little…so fragile. There was something different about you. My family says that there are rare times when a demon and human have a connection such as that. I had made the decision to protect you and follow you. But all went wrong when my clan was attacked…” Her eyes slightly started to well up as she walked passed Sasuke, sitting down on the couch nearby as she laid her elbows on her knees, clasping her hands together.

“They wouldn’t let you stay…” Sasuke suddenly whispered. She took in a deep breath, to control the emotions wanting to bubble up. “The other clans came but they were too late. Yes, there were other dragons but they weren’t my family. The Drake clan was completely gone except for me”. Sasuke quickly sat on the other side of the couch, “What about Cylix?” She only glanced a quick second up to him but she couldn’t figure out what was twisting in his emotions.

“Cylix is not a Drake. He’s a dragon yes but not family. Drake’s were feathered dragons. Stories of our kind sent from the heavens when the earth was born. So no, he is not family but he is still kin. One of the people who took care of me was a wolf demon named Cronos. He wouldn’t let me stay even if I begged to. You were still here…I made an oath but they took me away”.

A tear finally escaped its prison, she turned so Sasuke wouldn’t see but he had. “I ran away when I had the chance and came…but it was already too late. Though, I ran into Itachi…he knew why I was there and he assured me that you were unharmed. Before I could attack him he was gone”.

There was a silence. This silence wasn’t awkward nor comfortable. “Did you mean all that?” Sasuke cut through the silence earning a confused glance. “Did you mean it when you wanted to serve me, to be my protector or did you just do it because you didn’t want to say no?” Sithena blinked a few times as if she was searching within her heart of the right answer. She gently smiled, remembering the small infant that she connected with, that she wanted to protect. “I wanted to. I would have followed you and protected you, even if I had to do it from afar”.

Sasuke stood up causing her to look up into his eyes, hoping she didn’t say the wrong thing. There was an emotion she didn’t notice before. She couldn’t tell if he was happy, sad or just a bit mad. He looked away with the smallest tinge of blush in his cheeks, “Goodnight Sithena” he said, almost a whisper. His voice sounded like he had found all the answers he needed. She let out a soft sigh as if relieved this didn’t go bad.

Though she still had fear within her heart. For the other part of the connection only went one way. Part of the connection only meant they were linked, exceling if they fought together. Almost like partners or better yet a teammate, but there was another part to that connection that only effected the demon.

It would be up to the other half if they wanted to complete a full connection. Sithena didn’t hope for much though. “No, I can’t think of such things. I haven’t even made it to adulthood…I’m still in endangered to…Oh Sasuke…I hope I can protect you from…myself if it came down to it”. She buried her face in her hands, silent tears started to fall.

A heavy burden no demon could escape…giving in to their darkest instincts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not much action I know, mostly dialogue. But every story has their boring parts hehe. I hope you enjoyed nonetheless.