Status: A remade version of a story I had written on Quizilla years ago.

The Avenger's Demon

Challange Accepted

The next morning had come like a blur. Sithena couldn’t sleep as she sat on her untouched bed, watching the sunrise. She stood up, making her way to a full length mirror as her appearance changed. Her once dark hair turned its silver strands as her eyes molded into golden pools. She gazed at herself, the person she hid from humans in hopes they would accept her.

The woman that gazed back at her was her natural human form but she had covered it up to look normal. A knock came to the door as it opened slightly.

Sithena didn’t bother to hide her appearance, her demon like eyes glancing to the door to see a slightly shocked Sasuke. He had completely opened the door as his coal eyes were lost in her golden ones. Her voice snapped him back to reality, “Goodmorning. Are you ready to go?” For a moment he wasn’t sure what she was talking about until it hit him, he nodded as he walked out of her room, Sithena following behind.

They both strolled down the road toward the training fields, the birds singing through the crisp morning air. “Is that what you really look like?” Sasuke broke the silence as she nodded, “Yes. It may not be my true form but it was the human form given to me. I felt I shouldn’t hide anymore” She smiled in his direction as he blushed slightly, trying not to make eye contact. “It suits you” was all he uttered out as the silence floated back. All Sithena could do was smile happily.

“Goodmorning Sasuke!...Sithena is that you?” Sakura chirped cheerfully but then suddenly stopped when she turned to Sithena. She nodded with a smile, “In the flesh. I’m sorry you two for the sudden change. This is how I truly look like, I hope you do not mind”. Naruto came very close to her, as if studying her, causing her to blush deeply. Sasuke seemed to growl beside her as Naruto grinned widely, “You look a lot cooler like this…I mean not like you weren’t before but…” He started to trail off as if trying to find the right words.

Sithena laughed full heartily, ruffling his hair, “I find that flattering Naruto. Thank you”. Sakura came up, slightly touching her silky hair, “Wow! Your hair is so soft, I do like it”. Sithena was relieved how her teammates had taken her new look in.

A poof sounded behind them as they turned to find Kakashi, reading another one of his perverted books. “Glad to see you all here, Sithena glad to see you as your old self again” he smiled under his mask, closing the book and putting it away. “Now” Kakashi started before the shouts of him being late echoed into the forest, “The next few days of training will be crucial for the Chunin exams are coming up”.

Everyone except for Sithena seemed to have worried expressions. Sasuke’s easily turned serious as his fists clenched. “Already? It feels we haven’t even been Genin for long” Sakura groaned, she knew what was in store for them.

Though she only knew a small part of what happened unlike Sithena. She has seen the Chunin exams before and for any mortal they are quite terrifying. Even she had to admit she didn’t want to be caught up in such a mess.

“Where do we start Kakashi?” Sithena spoke up, causing everyone to turn to her and Kakashi to chuckle. “Exactly what I want to hear. We will start with sparing. You will fight each other, one on one. This will help know your teammates movements, you’ll fight better as a team. We have different levels on our team which will help prepare you for other teams you will go up against”. “I’m ready for this! Who am I up against?” Naruto shouted with excitement.

All Kakashi did was point to Sithena as Naruto’s jaw dropped. “What!” He backed away, “She’s not even our level!” Kakashi only chuckled again, “Exactly. Sakura and Sasuke will go up next”. Sithena made her way to Naruto, placing a hand on his shoulder and dragging him to the open field. “Come on Naruto. If you beat me, you’ll be even closer to being Hokage yes?” She encouraged him. He stood there for a few moments but then stood in a fighting stance with a smirk on his face, “you’re right. I’ll prove that today!”

‘That’s my Naruto’ Sithena thought to herself as she took her place on her side. She readied by standing in position and waiting on Kakashi’s commands. “Go!” Naruto had lunged first as Sithena didn’t move, “Got ya!” He shouted as he came in for a punch but she had easily stepped to the side, gripping his wrist as it passed her head and swinging him around. She chucked him right back where he started. “Head on. Only good to distract the enemy for a teammate but not if you are on your own” Sithena lectured.

Naruto growled in annoyance, forming a few hand signs, “Shadow clone justu!” In that moment around ten Naruto appeared around Sithena, trapping her. She stood ready, her eyes scanning each clone. ‘These aren’t just illusions. I may have underestimated him a bit’ Sithena was impressed of Naruto’s skills. A couple of the clones had darted toward her with kunais in hand. Then another pair of clones came until soon all of them came rushing in, closing the circle around her.

Just as they were a few inches away, she quickly placed her hands on the ground, kicking her legs up and spinning her body like a tornado. All of the clones were knocked away, poofing one by one. This time, Sithena decided she’d make a move as she dashed toward the real Naruto, punching him in the gut. He skidded a few feet away then suddenly smirked, his body replaced with a log. Sithena gasped as Naruto appeared behind her, sending a round house kick to her head. She lifted her arm, stopping the kick in its tracks.

She took this opportunity to grab his leg, pulling him to the ground as his back slammed onto the dirt. Her free hand came down on his chest, palm flat, knocking the wind out of him. She again brought her hand up then back down toward his face, her hand covering in blue flames as she stopped just inches away. Naruto actually looked frightened but then groaned when he saw Sithena smirk, “You did well but I still win”.

Sithena offered her hand as Naruto took it, pulling him off the ground and helping him dust the dirt off. “Wow Sithena, I really thought I had a chance” Naruto closed his eyes and laughed a bit but she could see he was disappointed. “You really took me by surprise there” Sithena responded, he was a bit shocked, “Really?” “Yeah, you caught me off guard. Almost had me” she smiled. “Well I am getting stronger” Naruto proudly said.

“Well done you two” Kakashi spoke up. Sasuke had been studying Sithena’s movements the entire time, she was definitely holding back. If he was to fight her, he would give it everything he had.

“Next, Sakura and Sasuke”.