Status: A remade version of a story I had written on Quizilla years ago.

The Avenger's Demon

You Give Me Strength

“No!” Sithena shouted, her face covered in sweat. Something jingled beside her as she lifted her hand to find shackles attached to her wrist with small scrolls bound to the metal, leaving her powerless. She couldn’t blame them for their wariness. Both of her arms were bound to a stone wall, she even found she was leaning up against the wall on the hard floor. “Must have thrown me in some jail cell” she muttered, seeing the bared gate ahead of her.

The Hokage appeared at the door, opening it with a key. His face full of despair as he kneeled down to eye level. “I’m sorry, I had to put you here” He spoke softly, studying her eyes, body, anything that could tip him off that she wasn’t fine yet. Sithena gave a gentle smile, “I completely understand Hokage. I became reckless and let the darkness consume my actions, for that I am truly sorry”. She bowed her head in shame but the Hokage lifted her face up with his hand.

She saw a smile appear on his wrinkled face, “It’s not your fault. Many before you have suffered mishaps. Some don’t survive. I see now though, as long as you have your team close, you will never fall into darkness”.

Sithena was confused at first but she had then remembered before she fell unconscious. She heard Naruto’s voice calling out to her and then Sasuke was there. She felt his touch, heard his voice. She had sensed something new in him.

Sithena laughed softly to herself, “I have them to thank. Do you think I am ready to leave?” she asked, slightly concern she wasn’t ready. The Hokage began to unshackle her, offering a hand to help her up on her feet. She gratefully took it as she stood up, brushing off whatever dirt made its way on her. “You will be fine. You seem like yourself again, you just have to be cautious when you do fight. You cannot call upon that darkness to help you” he instructed. She nodded as she was led
upstairs and out into the afternoon sun.

“Sithena!” Naruto shouted with joy as he pulled her into a bone crushing hug. She laughed, giving him a hug in return but more gently. Sakura had even gave her a hug, “We are glad you are doing better Sithena” she smiled. Kakashi had ruffled her hair as he begun to speak with the Hokage.

Sithena gazed past her teammates to see Sasuke with his hands stuffed in his pockets. His features, uncaring but she could tell he was happy to see her ok.

“How long was I out?” Sithena feared to ask. “Only for a day. You haven’t lost that much time. We still have four days until Chunin exams” Kakashi replied, “We’ve already trained as well”. “Oh poo” Sithena muttered but it was for the best, her body still felt a bit sore. “Would you like to get some ramen Sithena?” Naruto asked sweetly but she shook her head, “Sorry Naruto, maybe later tonight? I want to go home, meditation is needed”.

Naruto at first was disappointed but perked up when she agreed for later. Sithena followed Sasuke home as everyone else went their separate ways. The walk was silent yet comfortable. The moment they were close to the house Sasuke stopped almost causing Sithena to run into him. “Sasuke?” She questioned but his head hung low until he turned to her with concerned eyes. “What happened to you?” Sasuke had never spoke so softly, as if he didn’t want the world to hear.

“Kakashi-sensei said you were reverting to your animal instincts…” Sasuke continued, he wanted more answers. Sithena nodded, “It happens to any demon. To reach adult hood is usually 100 years meaning 20 in human years for me. Sometimes we are lucky, say that a 75 year old or even 80 year old demon reaches adult hood. It’s not so much our age but our strength to defeat the darkness. Some have even gone through great extent to perform a ritual where they face their inner animal and fight. Most don’t make it back and they are consumed” Sithena explained as she ushered for Sasuke to go into the house.

“So that’s what…” “Yes, I succumbed to my animalistic ways when we fought. I let my guard down” Sithena’s gaze fell to the ground as she sighed. “You’ve probably heard of demons who have attacked villages, the ones who lost their minds completely. Some of them were trapped within a human hosts”. Sasuke took in a sharp breath, “That can happen to you?” She simply nodded, “If I lose all control and cause such chaos I either must be killed on sight or be imprisoned in a body of another human”.

Sasuke shivered. He wasn’t sure what was more terrifying to see, Sithena being killed just like any other animal or her being trapped within someone else, knowing she’s there but in reality she isn’t.
Sasuke jumped, feeling a hand on his shoulder. Sithena smiled down to him, “Everything will be fine. If it wasn’t for the team…and you. I would have lost it. You are the reason I’m still here”. His heart skipped a beat, her eyes so filled with love and thoughtfulness, captured his cold onyx eyes. Sasuke came closer to her, one of his hands had gripped her waist to bring her close and his other found its way to her soft cheeks.

Her golden eyes widened, her cheeks flushed. Sasuke needed to, he wanted to feel her but at the last moment he turned his head, giving her a tight embrace. He held the back of her head, feeling her cold breath on his neck. His other hand pressed firmly on her back, their bodies close together. He may had chickened out but he held her nonetheless.

Sasuke was shocked by his own actions but the other day when she said that she felt a connection when she first chose to protect him, he felt the same way when he first met Sithena when they met in the Hokage office. He fought those feelings though. He thought all this time it would get in the way but he couldn’t help but feel them now after he had almost lost her.

Sithena pulled away from him, Sasuke’s eyes seemed to glisten. She gently gripped his cheeks and placed a cool kiss upon his forehead causing him to blush. There were no words exchanged when she pulled away completely, making her way to her room. Sithena only turned to smile to the blushing Uchiha. As long as he was with her, she had the strength to fight whatever came her way.