Status: A remade version of a story I had written on Quizilla years ago.

The Avenger's Demon

New Arrivals

The day had finally arrived. Dawn broke across the sky as Sithena was already dressed, ready to leave. Her eyes held uneasiness as she started out the window near the front door. She could hear Sasuke tiredly walking down the stairs, but then stepped before stepping down to the last step. "You're already up?" Sasuke grumbled as she turned to see he was dressed but his eyes looked exhausted, though he did well to hide it, unfortunately for him she could see right through him.

Sasuke could see in her face that she was serious about today. "Tomorrow is an important event. We must be ready for anything that may come for it could be our last" Sithena growled harshly, not to him but the mere thought of what happens in Chunin exams. She's heard stories of people losing their very lives, just for a simple test. Sasuke didn't push her any further as he followed her, walking out the door and toward a bridge with crystal water running under it.

Sakura was already waiting as she waved with a smile. Sithena tried to return it, she smiled half heartedly as she leaned against the bridge, across from Sakura. "Are you ok Sithena?" She asked worriedly. Sithena had to admit she was surprised she didn't say hi to Sasuke first but she only shook her head, "I'm fine Sakura. No need to worry". She didn't want to worry her on what lay ahead. Not long after did she hear the clacking of another pair of shoes as Naruto came running up. "What's up Sakura?! Hey Sithena" Naruto smiled but then squinted his eyes to Sasuke, glaring.

Sasuke didn't bother to turn to him but she could see his eyes glaring back from the side. Poor Sakura looking back and forth between the two of them before she sighed. Their rivalry would be the death of them. 'I'm going to have a tumor because of them someday if Sakura doesn't get one first' Sithena thought to herself, sighing along side with Sakura.

Hours passed and sure enough, Kakashi finally arrived. "Hey guys, good morning. Sorry I'm late, afraid I got lost on the path of life" he said calmly as he appeared on a beam just over them. Sithena shook her head, 'liar'. Naruto complained how he wanted a real mission and no more of the lame ones they had been receiving lately. Thought that didn't stop Kakashi.

Yet again, they were pulling weeds until Naruto screwed it up with his competition with Sasuke. Next was picking trash out of the water, mostly cans. Naruto had lost his footing as the current carried him away, "Naruto!" Sithena shouted but Sasuke already took action. Just as Naruto went over the falls, Sasuke had grabbed him by his foot, holding on to a small wiring that Sasuke carried around with him. She shook her head hearing Sasuke tell Naruto he was a loser. Way to provoke him more.

The next mission Sithena enjoyed. Walking dogs. She adored all sorts of animals and she was lucky enough to get a Husky which was very well tamed. Sasuke and Sakura had smaller dogs while Naruto on the other hand. "He just had to choose the biggest dog" Sakura spat, watching Naruto be pulled away by a dog much bigger than him. Slowly Naruto was pulled into a mine field and a few bombs later, Naruto sat there with smoke coming off his body and a very happy looking dog. The three sighed after seeing he was fine.

"That kid is going to be the death of me" Sithena muttered, suffering from the 3rd heart attack that day.

Sakura and Sasuke had to carry Naruto till he became furious by Sasuke's remark of him being troublesome. "I guess we aren't making progress on team work" Kakashi groaned as Sithena stood next to him, nodding with agreement. "Our team work is all messed up because of Sasuke! You think you're better than everyone else!" Naruto shouted as Sasuke walked away. "Not everyone, just you. Face it, I'm faster and stronger than you are. It's a face" Sasuke retorted, stopping and turning to him, "Unless you can prove me wrong".

It felt like a western stand off at this point. "You've done it now" Sithena whispered as she glared at Sasuke. He should know better than to provoke him like that. A hawk over head cawed as Kakashi and Sithena looked up. Kakashi sighed, "Alright guys. Let's call it a day. You can beat each other to a pulp another time. In the mean time I have to file a report on this mission". "Whatever, I'm out of here. Come on Sithena" Sasuke huffed, turning. Sithena stayed with Naruto, seeing that Sakura shouted after him, "W-wait! Sasuke I'll go with you!"

Sasuke didn't bother to turn around if Sithena was following behind. He was probably too annoyed to see if she was. Naruto reached out to call for Sakura but only stuttered before he groaned, looking down. "Hey, let's do something together. What do you say?" Sithena tried to gain Naruto's attention. He turned, smiling slightly. "At least I know you're on my side" Naruto said. Suddenly a rock box came into view with two eye holes. It stopped the moment it had reached the two of them. Sakura had come back, being rejected by Sasuke once more.

"Um..." Sithena started as she stared at the box with confusion. Naruto gazed at it annoyingly as he stepped forward a bit, watching the fake rock follow him until he begun to run around. Sithena watched as the box desperately followed him around the ally way. "Now I've seen everything" Sithena spoke up, standing next to Sakura. Naruto stopped, turning to the box and pointing to it, "that's the worse disguise of all time! There's no such thing as square rocks! It's completely obvious". "You saw through my camouflage again! You're slick boss. Just what I'd expect from my greatest rival" a child's voice said from inside as the box started to glow and explode in puffs.

Three children appeared from the box, coughing and on their knees. "You know them?" Sithena asked Naruto, pointing to them with a bewildered expression. "Yeah. I met the Hokage's grandson, Konohamaru". "I didn't know he had a grandson" Sithena simply said causing the three kids to quickly stand up. They started to introduce themselves, the girl being Moegi and the other boy being Udon. They posed but Naruto seemed unimpressed. They bickered back and forth for awhile, even dragging Sakura into it, more like she dragged herself into it. Still beat down by Sasuke's words.

Until Konohamaru said something about Sakura being Naruto's girlfriend. Naruto was punched to a wooden fence. Sakura had also attacked Konohamaru. This went on for awhile as Sakura chased them and Konohamaru ran into a boy with something strange strapped to his back. He wore make-up, standing beside him was a blonde girl with four pigtails and a huge fan. Sithena made her way up, feeling trouble was brewing. "Do you need something?" The boy in black spat, glaring down at them. He had taken the poor boy by the collar of his shirt, "Does this hurt punk?"

"Put him down Kankuro or you know you'll pay for it later" the girl tried to reason with him as he continued. Sakura tried to apologized but no one listened to them. Naruto attacked but suddenly was tripped by god knows what. Sithena had seen that Kankuro had moved his fingers in a puppet like manner. 'A puppeteer' She thought to herself, growling deep in her chest.

A pebble came, causing a small open wound on Kankuro's hand. He dropped the young boy as he scrambled away. Sithena took this chance to disappear and reappear right in front of Kankuro before he can do further harm on the boy. He was shocked by both the rock and her sudden appearance. "You're a long way from home" Sasuke said, bouncing another pebble in his hand. "And you're way out of your league" Sithena finished with a growl.

Kankuro backed up a bit from Sithena, looking pissed than ever. "Get lost" Sasuke retorted, the girls blushed and squealed. Kankuro unstrapped what was on his back until a rough voice came from behind Sasuke, "Kankuro, knock it off". Sasuke's expression was shocked by the sudden voice. Sithena gazed up to see a boy with a gourd strapped to his back. His blood red hair standing slightly from him being upside down from a branch. His eyes were a seamfoam color, no pupils and dark circles around his eyes. Sithena could sense he was another carrier for a demon.

"You are an embarrassment to our village" he continued. His arms were crossed and his face held no emotion. The two sand ninjas were suddenly afraid by his sudden appearance. Sithena could only guess why they were here and her fears were only building from there.