Status: A remade version of a story I had written on Quizilla years ago.

The Avenger's Demon

Come

“Have you forgotten the reason we came all the way here?” The red haired sand ninja spat. “O-oh I know. They challenged us really, it was their fault. Here’s what happened-” “Shut up” He interrupted Kankuro. “Or I’ll kill you…” He looked on in fear as Sithena took a few steps back, his eyes were glaring. Just a pool of anger filled his eyes. His team mates began to apologize as the red haired boy looked to Sasuke. “I’m sorry for any trouble he caused”.

That’s when the boy disappeared into sand, reappearing on the ground next to his team. Sithena’s eyes widened, ‘That’s definitely him…one tailed demon…Shukaku!’ She never did like him. He was arrogant and was a bit of a smart mouth. He was the reason the boy couldn’t sleep and why he may have felt so much anger. At least Kyuubi wasn’t such trouble.

“Let’s go, we didn’t come here to play games” the red haired ordered his team. They nodded, turning to leave until Sakura ran out, calling out to them. Sadly Sakura wanted them to state their purpose in being here, she didn’t know they were here for the Chunin exams. “Have you been living under a rock?” The blonde pigtail girl spoke up.

They had permission to enter the village, showing their IDs. As Sithena’s team chatted amongst their selves, Sasuke jumped down, “Hey you! Identify yourself” “My name is Gaara of the Desert. I’m curious about you too, who are you?” Sasuke smirked, “I am Sasuke Uchiha”. They stared each other down until Gaara suddenly turned to Sithena, “You. Your name”. She blinked several times, wondering why he would be interested in her, “Sithena Drake, pleasure” She curtsied a bit earning strange looks from her team mates. Gaara had the slightest smirk upon his face.

“I bet you are dying to know who I am!” Naruto shouted, “I couldn’t care less” Gaara stated, turning and walking out of sight. Naruto was bummed. Sithena giggled slightly as Sasuke came to her side. “Glad to see you’ve come back” She smirked, giving Sasuke a side glance. “Uh” He huffed, not wanting to truly answer why he did. He then grabbed her arm, dragging her away. “Hey wait a minute, I didn’t get to say goodbye” Sithena complained as her team watched Sasuke drag her off. Sakura sighed, wishing he would do that to her one day.

Once out of sight, Sasuke let go, walking normal. “What was the meaning of that? If you wanted to go so badly you could have just told me” Sithena whined playfully. “You know about the Chunin exams don’t you” It was more of a statement than a question. “I do, but all I can tell you is that it’s nothing like your mission back in the wave country” “How did you…?” “Naruto” Sithena replied. Naruto had told her everything about the mission, she was quite impressed. Even Kakashi backed up Naruto’s story, in case he was exaggerating.

Sithena walked faster, blocking Sasuke’s path. “I can’t tell you much but team work WILL be key in this exam. Without it…you won’t make it out alive” Sithena’s expression was stern because she knew that he had trouble with getting close to anyone. He sighed heavily, he knew that deep inside but he didn’t want to admit, he was slightly the problem. He felt two hands firmly grip his shoulders as he gazed into her golden orbs. She was serious, no hint of a smile.

“I will guide you all the best I can but it is up to you three. I’m not truly certain they would let me participate but if I don’t…you must keep each other safe”. Each word held concern, her eyes glistened. She didn’t want to lose her teammates to a stupid exam that has killed many young souls.

Sasuke nodded with the smallest smile which she returned with relief. “Come on, I have something cool to show you” She giggled, pulling him along to a poster that was recently placed on a wooden fence, “look!” It was an ad announcing a fair that would happen a day before the Chunin exams. “They celebrate Genin making the big step to become Chunin. They celebrate incase…they do not see their loved ones again. Most countries do this and I’ve always seen it but never could attend”.

“That seems like a waste of time. Shouldn’t we take the time to train then?” Sasuke scuffed but she only smiled. “You could but they believe a night of beauty and fun would help the body relax, improving chakara flow. Come on, come with me” She held out her hand with the brightest smile she could muster. She would have gone with or without him but she truly wanted him to relax, to experience the beauty she had seen only a couple times from afar.

Sasuke hesitated, she could see the faintest blush glow at the bridge of his nose. He brought his hand up slowly but took her hand and nodded, “Do I have a choice?” “Oh you did but now you don’t” She giggled, earning an exhausted sigh from Sasuke.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for taking so long lately and also with the short pages but with holidays coming up I've been busy ^^. Also I hope you like the idea of a festival happening before Chunin exams. I know I'm trying to follow the show but adding my own little spark in between. Opinions and what nots are accepted :)