Status: A remade version of a story I had written on Quizilla years ago.

The Avenger's Demon

Red Haired Boy

Sithena’s eyes shot open. 2:01 AM and she could feel something strange roaming outside. She quickly changed out of her PJ’s into her armor for the aura almost felt like Cylix. She hadn’t seen him in a while and she only feared that the Chunin exams would attract him back.

Quietly, Sithena made her way out the window. She didn’t want to wake Sasuke, he needed the rest and couldn’t afford getting hurt if by chance it was Cylix. She pounced onto the next roof, jumping from each building as she searched the empty streets. Only a couple people here and there preparing for the festival tomorrow.

The aura had vanished as she stopped, sniffing the air. “How could this be?” She whispered to herself, continuing to sniff. Sand began to wrap around her body but she jumped, flipping into the air and landing a few feet from where the sand was. The sand slithered back to its master as she found it was Gaara. She stood up straight from her fighting stance with a small smile, “Ah, Gaara. Tis good to see you again”.

Gaara was slightly taken back by her sudden cheery tune. He had just tried to grab her and yet her responds was happy. “What are you?” Gaara growled, arms crossed and eyes glaring. He must have felt a different aura about her too for him to be asking such a question. “Oh yes, I am a dragon demon, but do not be mistaken. I am not a carrier but a pure blood demon. You carry the demon Shukaku yes? The one tailed demon” Sithena simply spoke. She was not ashamed of who she was nor was she afraid to share such information. There was no need really. A small gasp left his lips but he raised his arm as sand poured out of his gourd.

‘Uh oh’ She groaned, seeing the sand gather around him, rearing back. The sand came darting toward her but she gracefully dodged as the sand grabbed her for. Sithena knew she couldn’t keep this up too long. He was very in tuned to his sand and would soon find a blind spot. ‘He possibly wants proof’ She back flipped and just as the sand gathered around her in a ball, it was pushed back by blue silver flames.

Sithena had shifted into her half demon form, feathered wings expanded and push down, sending her to the sky. The sand followed her but she could see Gaara’s eyes filled with shock. Her speed had increase as she appeared behind him, placing her hands on his shoulder and whispered an ancient language. Gaara’s sand suddenly fell limp as it slowly made its way back into his gourde.

“W-What did you do?” Gaara growled, turning with a glare but he was bewildered by how she could touch him. His sand would protect him but she was able to grab him with ease and even make his sand return to him. “I simply calmed your body with a simple spell. I am no threat to you Gaara. In fact, I welcome you with open arms to this village” Sithena spoke softly. “Why? Letting your guard down to a stranger can get you killed” He glared, his arms falling to his sides as he cautiously watched her movements.

She shrugged, her form changing back into her more human look. “It may, it may not. We are more alike than you know. I have a friend just like you. You shall meet him later though I’m sure. Until then, I would be most joyous if there was no confrontation between us two. After all, you must save your strength for the tests” she smiled, tilting her head.

Gaara couldn’t make her out. He stepped to the side, giving her a side glance, “I won’t be making any promises” with that he vanished with his sand. She sighed and shrugged, “Just seems like another Sasuke”. Sithena stared at the place Gaara once stood for a few moments before turning around, looking to the sky. “If he came from the Wind Country…why didn’t the Phoenix clan report a carrier there?” She pondered for a bit.

There was no use if she didn’t have some sort of source. Maybe the fox twins would have any information. She sighed not wanting to deal with them but she knew she had to at some point.

“Speaking of those two…” Sithena growled, a vein can be seen pulsing on her forehead. “You two are always snooping aren’t you?” She turned to see two pairs of fox ears hiding over the edge. Two heads popped up, “Sithena, my dear, so good to see you” Axel sweetly spoke as the two climbed on top of the roof. “Don’t act like you just got here” Sithena sighed as the two squished her in a sandwich as they leaned their backs on her.

“We heard some commotion outside” Lexa smoothly said, “We wanted to find out what it was” Axel finished. “Your store is still a good distance away…how did you even know unless you were sneaking about” Sithena sounded a bit disconcerted. They moved a few feet away from her, laughing nervously. “So we here you may need some information from us?” Axel changed the subject. Sithena glared, “There’s a price isn’t there?” “For you? One free pass” Lexa proudly smiled. “My dear sister. She’s just so generous!” Her brother swooned.

“Gee…thanks…a free pass” Sithena muttered sarcastically as she stepped closer. “The Phoenix clan is watching over the Wind Country, especially over the Village hidden by sand. Do you know why they didn’t report a demon carrier there?” Axel stepped closer, running a finger up her arm, “They’ve been quite busy watching their ninjas. Even if this village had a peace treaty, doesn’t mean they aren’t planning an attack. The Phoenix clan have been watching them to make sure they keep their peace treaty”.

Lexa joined her brother, placing a hand on her shoulder, leaning her head on Sithena’s arm, “They don’t want to report any false information so they may have missed the child. The child was sort of a hush hush but he was still feared” Lexa finished as the two stepped away after rubbing their fluffed up tails on Sithena.

She shivered slightly, she hated when they act so seductive with her but deep inside her demon instincts sort of enjoyed it. She growled, “Then I must be on my guard if such is to happen and let the Hokage know…if he hasn’t already figured out. Thank you and stay out of trouble” She glared one last time as she jumped away and out of sight.

“That was close” Axel sighed, he took a couple of rare items out of his pocket. Stolen products of course. The siblings fist bumped it and jumped away into the night.