Status: A remade version of a story I had written on Quizilla years ago.

The Avenger's Demon

History is Key

“Sithena, I was shocked to hear that you had arrived in the village but I am still relieved that you are unhurt. Why has it taken you this long to come back?” The Hokage asked with concern clouding his pale eyes. He straightened himself out in his chair as did I, seeing as proper as I could with my hands folded on my lap and my legs slightly off to the side, my feet crossing.

“Forgive me Hokage, I should have been here but as you know I was far too young to have stayed. I had to take my leave back to my country and train under my own kind until I was of proper age to return” The Hokage wasn’t amazed by the way I spoke since it was how I was raised. I spoke as if I was noble, a high class human but I was far from that. It was just how my family was raised for generations.

He nodded in understanding, “Ah yes, well in further matter we must place you in a team. I’m sure you would want to continue your family’s work through being part of a ninja team yes?” I only nodded. He shuffled some papers around just as he heard a knock from his office door, “Yes?” He called out, a young woman poked her head in, most likely a secretary.

“I’m sorry to interrupt Lord Hokage, but team seven has arrived along with their sensei” she spoke timidly seeing my cold eyes now staring towards her instead of the Hokage. “Tell them I will have them come in just a moment” the woman nodded, taking her leave.

“Sithena, it is up to you if you would like to inform your new team of who you are. If I were to choose I would encourage you not to” He sternly said with his hand folded on the desk, full attention towards me. I nodded and smiled, “I do realize it could be a huge step for them to hear but in my experience, you can’t trust a teammate you know nothing of. If I were to keep this secret and they soon found out, I would lose their full trust and the team would surly crumble”.

He sighed, he couldn’t argue with that. Those words were true but he feared the worst. He stood, signaling the secretary to bring the team in.

They piled in, one by one, the sensei being the last to enter as they all stood behind me. “Welcome team seven. This is Sithena Drake,” as the Hokage introduced me, I stood, turning to the team. My dark brown hair fell around my face, framing my pale skin. It fell around shoulder length with my ocean blue eyes staring at them through my feathered bangs. He continued, “She will be your new teammate”.

The look on their faces were simply priceless. The blond boy looked absolutely ecstatic, the pink haired girl was in disbelief and last but not least, Sasuke Uchiha seemed to not care but I could see the sheer terror in his eyes. Wait? Terror? I don’t get it. An awkward silence fell in the room, wonderful first impression. “It is a pleasure to meet all of you. I do hope I become a great assist for missions to come” I spoke, bowing slightly. All their faces replaced with confusion. Is it really wrong to speak in a proper manner? Where has the time gone where that no longer exists? My eye twitched with annoyance. Humans.

Suddenly the blond one had threw his hand out, offering to shake, “My name is Naruto Uzimaki!” Thank you, one with social skills. I graciously took his hand and smiled, “it is a pleasure to meet you Naruto”. My gaze fell onto the others as they introduced themselves. “I’m Sakura Haruno” She spoke through her fake smile. “Sasuke Uchiha” the boy spoke quickly, not even bothering to look at me.

Wonderful start with my new team, I had sarcastically thought. The Hokage stood, walking around the desk and placing a hand upon my shoulder. “Everyone, Sithena has something very important to tell all of you. She felt you all had the right to know of her family history” though he sounded like this was the right thing to do I could tell the edginess on his voice.

“Oh my, now where to start” I muttered, racking my brain of the long awaited speech I was suppose to give. “Let’s start with this…I’m a demon” I said simply, as if this was a normal thing. Silence. Confusion and terror filled their eyes. Maybe that wasn’t the best way to start. I cleared my throat of any nervousness trying to creep up.

“I belong to the Drake clan. We are a group of dragon demons. We once lived here in the Leaf Village long ago but they had all died out by a mysterious attack. Me being the only survivor, I had returned home where all demons come from. The Country of Darkness” I paused. Through the explanation their faces went from confused, to terrified, to just utterly shock. Why me?

Naruto was the only one to speak up, “But you’re a good demon right? I mean…I heard some stories and…” he trailed off, not wanting to sound offensive.

I gave him a heart filled smile, bless that boy’s heart. “Do not fear, I am good. There are bad and good in any being. All the bad ones are imprisoned in the Country of Darkness by a barrier created by the five major clans that have now scattered through out the five major countries. Though some good ones must stay in our country as to be sure nothing too bad escapes. I had to live there for a few years so I may train before I returned to continue protecting this country”.

“By yourself?” Sakura uttered. I nodded, “In a sense yes, but the other clans have agreed that once in awhile they will check in, to be sure all is in good shape”.

I could tell this was all a lot to take in. I’m sure they had been sheltered from any ideas of creatures like me. I wasn’t a human that had a demon trapped within but the true demon that would be trapped within a human if I ever lost control.

“That’s so cool!” Naruto took me by surprised when he had suddenly hugged me. My eyes widened as I was unsure how to react in such situation. He pulled away, blushing slightly. “Sorry, I just think it’s cool that we have a demon teammate. You must be really strong!”
It was my turn to gain a pink tint upon my cheeks as I smiled, “I suppose I am but I still have much to learn”.

“Such modesty, a common trait among her family. She actually is stronger than the Jounin here” Hokage spoke up, great, I didn’t want any competitive feelings and that is exactly what I felt radiating off Sasuke. His eyes glared towards me, his eyes narrowed and fist clench. Oh dear.

“Then why be in a team full of Genin?” Sakura asked not seeming to be impressed. I bit my lip, “Simply to say, I want to work my way up than just start anywhere”. “How old are you?” She added in, as if trying to find some kind of fault.

“In human age, 14” I said with a bit of a smirk. “In human years? So how old are you really?” Sasuke spoke up, his voice becoming in patient. I was beating around the bush a bit.

I sighed as if taking a moment to think, “About 70 now”. “What!” Everyone but Kakshi and the Hokage shouted. I sheepishly smiled, “My kind age very slowly. Every 5 years is one year in human years. But that’s for dragon demons. Each demon has a slightly different age limit”.

I had to stop. All this was slowly sinking into them. I bit my lip, hopefully I didn’t freak them out too much. Kakashi stepped in this time, “Why don’t we go to the training grounds”.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for such a long description in history but I hope you enjoyed. Until Next time!