Status: A remade version of a story I had written on Quizilla years ago.

The Avenger's Demon

Disaster Is Never Far Behind

Screams filled the night as the Ferris wheel shifted in place, threatening to fall. “I have to get everyone away from here!” Sithena shouted to Sasuke as she transformed into her half demon form. Before he could respond, she hugged his waist and flew away from the car. From above, they could see people running from the festival as the people on the cars tried to find a way out.

Sithena place Sasuke gently on the ground as she stayed hovered, “Make sure everyone is safely away from here. I’ll be back”. Before she could fly away, Sasuke gripped her wrist. “Be careful…” she gave a reassuring smile as she flew to the first car who held Naruto and Hinata. “Sithena!” Naruto shouted as she came close. “Take my hands you two, the Ferris wheel won’t hold for long” Sithena ordered as the two gripped her hands tightly.

One car after another, she took people and brought them back on ground level, safely away from the burning ride. Everyone gathered around her as she lowered herself down to them. “Is that everyone?” Sithena asked, counting for everyone until Sakura screamed, “Sithena!”

Sithena turned to find a young girl trapped in a car that was engulfed by flames, she could hear her mother’s desperate cries. “It’s too dangerous!” Sasuke yelled out after her as she darted toward the flames. She was pushed back by the sudden heat but pressed on as she brought her hands up, gathering blue flames within them. “Flames of the underworld you shall cease by order of heaven’s blue flames to regain peace!” She dove both hands in the red flames, the two colors clashed as the blue flames slowly extinguished the red flames.

Soon, the hellish fires were gone and all that was left was the crying girl inside the badly burnt car. Sithena felt exhausted, much of her energy was used destroying the flames Cylix had created. “All is fine child, come with me” she spoke weakly to the girl. The young girl sniffled as she threw herself into Sithena’s arms. She smiled as she walked a few feet away from the car, looking up to her team with a smile. The girl’s mother shed tears of happiness, but shortly after their eyes full of fear.

Sithena heard creaking behind her as she turned sharply, seeing the Ferris wheel collapsing in her direction. She had already shifted to human form, feeling too weak to keep her half demon form up. She made a mad dash toward her team, clinging the girl close to her chest. ‘I’m not going to make it’ she thought to herself, glancing down to the frightened child who clung to her kimono.

Time seemed to move slow as she gazed up to Sasuke and mouthing, “I’m sorry”. In that instant she threw the child into the air and creating an ice slide that went directly to them. Just as the child was out of reach, the Ferris wheel collapsed upon Sithena, covering their sight of her with a massive cloud of black smoke.

Everyone stood there in shock, watching as the smoke clearing seeing only debris of the fallen ride. “no….NO!” Sasuke ran toward the wreck left from the ride as he desperately tried to push everything away. There was no use, most of it was too heavy and he couldn’t catch sight of her. He sat there on his knees, staring toward the debris as his team came to his side. Everyone stayed silent, mourning their friend.

“She can’t be gone…she’s supposed to be stronger than us…she can’t…” Naruto choked back tears. Something moved within the ruble, a hand making its way out into the open air. “Sithena!” Her team shouted, carefully running across the ruble and pushing away pipes and other metal material until Sithena was revealed, “What took you so long?” She coughed but a weak smile appeared on her lips. They all smiled back, relieved to see she was alright until they caught view of her stomach after pulling her out. A rather large metal pole was plunged into her stomach and appeared on the other side.

The length of the pole was the size of a katana. “We need to get you to a medical nin right away” Sakura said, as she was close to touching the wound but decided otherwise. Sithena peered down, “Oh my…I don’t even feel it-AGH! Now I do!” she gasped in pain. Her body was mostly in shock but the moment she saw the wound the pain flooded through her body. “Don’t worry Sithena, help is here” Naruto announced.

Sure enough Jounin, Medical nins and even the Hokage was here helping the injured and traumatized people. A couple of medical nins came, placing Sithena on a carrier. “Sasuke” Sithena spoke up before they carried her off. He came to her side as she smiled seeing his worried eyes glued on her. “Do not worry, I’ve been through worse. I’ll see you very soon” and with that she was carried off.

‘How did I make it?...’ she thought to herself as she felt something scratchy on her arm. She lifted her arm close to her face to see tiny bits of sand. “Well I’ll be…I suppose you aren’t as bad as people think you are” she smiled to herself.