Status: A remade version of a story I had written on Quizilla years ago.

The Avenger's Demon

Forest of Death

Sasuke had already left to the next part for the Chunin exams. He had checked up on Sithena, but she told him to go ahead. The moment he left she groaned in pain, falling to her knees and lifting her shirt up. The black veins had crept past the bandages, making its way slowly through her body. “That ass…” she muttered as she force herself to stand.

“I need to get ready for today’s exam. This is the part of the exam I need to keep a close eye on my team…and all the others” Sithena said to herself as she pulled armor out for herself. ‘Anything can happen within that forest. I must be on my guard’ she slowly took the clothes she had on, careful
not to reopen the wound that refused to heal.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=151966077

“This way…no one should recognize me” she looked herself in the mirror. The only visible part of her body were her golden eyes as the pupil slowly shifted into a cat like appearance.

Sithena quickly made her way to the forest seeing everyone getting ready to run in. She hid within one of the massive trees within the Forest of Death. She crouched on one of the branches as she carefully watched each team sprinting into the forest. “There they are” She whispered to herself. Team 7 rushing in with the rest of them and she began as she formed a few hand signs. A dark owl appeared in a puff of smoke as Sithena directed it to follow Gaara’s team.

‘He should be able to report to me what they do. Until then I can watch these three. They may just run into a team I can check in on’ she thought to herself as the owl disappeared within the leaves. There were already screams that echoed through the forest. Another team possibly taken down by traps, monsters or even by another team.

Sithena stopped as soon as Team 7 halted in a clearing. Naruto rushed to a bush to take a bathroom break, but Sakura freaked out, yelling for him to find another bush that would be out of sight. She sighed, shaking her head, ‘A great way to start this off Naru…’ As soon as Naruto came back, Sasuke started to attack him. “He saw through it” Sithena spoke as Naruto and Sasuke fought.

A rain ninja appeared Sasuke informed him of the mistakes he had forgotten such as the newly fresh cut on Naruto’s left cheek and the holster on his left leg instead of his right. The ninja lunged forward as Sasuke jumped in the air performing several hand signs. “Phoenix Flower Jutsu!” He shouted as fire balls launched toward the rain ninja. He dodged them as he jumped up with a kunai at hand. Sasuke was able to block it with his own kunai.

The real Naruto was tied up, calling out for some help. Sasuke threw his kunai, slicing through the ropes that bound him. “Thank you!” Naruto yelled as Sasuke was launched backward by a paper bomb. Sithena leaned forward, wanting to help him, but she held her place seeing Naruto jumping into the fight. The rain ninja ran when Sasuke stabbed him in the chest. Sithena sighed in relief as her eyes searched the forest around her.

It wasn’t long till an explosion of wind came through, creating a long shaped crater. Sithena jumped higher into the trees as she readied her bow. “No way would a normal ninja do that” she growled. Turned out that yet again, Naruto was missing again. The grass ninja that had appeared wasn’t what she seemed. Her scent was much different and her power…was beyond that of a Genin. By one glance, Sasuke and Sakura fell to the ground, shaken.

She badly wanted to find Naruto, but she also couldn’t leave them. If this grass ninja was more than what she seemed, she may be the card that Sithena was looking for. Sasuke struggled to move with a kunai at hand. Fortunately, Sasuke was able to save himself and Sakura by stabbing his own leg to shake off the fear.

“I have to admit…I didn’t know you were there, but soon…your boy…will be mine” the grass ninja chuckled, disappearing. Sithena’s eyes widened, “No!” She sprinted toward the direction Sasuke went, this definitely wasn’t a normal Genin. “Sorry Hokage…but now I must intervene. Hold on Sasuke…I’m coming” As she jumped from each tree branch, she ignored the growing pain within her side. This pain was nothing compared to how much pain she felt if she were to lose the only person she vowed to protect.

***

The moment she arrived, Naruto had stopped the woman from getting any closer to Sasuke. ‘Remind me I owe you ramen for the rest of your life Naru’ Sithena smiled as she readied her bow, pulling back an arrow as Naruto kept her attention. “You can have it!” Sasuke shouted, pulling out the heavenly scroll. He didn’t want to risk his team’s life to this demon. Though just as he threw it, Naruto grabbed it and punched Sasuke.

Sasuke had choked on his own fear. The woman summoned a massive snake as it raised up, smashing its body down towards Naruto. “It’s time” Sithena spoke, she released the arrow as it plunged into the snakes head. An explosion erupted, causing the snake to frail around, knocking Naruto up. He slammed his back into a trunk, falling as the snake readied itself to swallow him whole. Though, Kyuubi had other plans as Naruto’s eyes opened to reveal those blood red fox eyes. Naruto revealed his power as he repeatedly pounding on the snake, but it still wasn’t enough as the woman blew fire, pushing him back.

Soon after she was able to grab onto Naruto using a sort of power onto Naruto’s seal, causing him to fell unconscious. Sithena jumped down, placing a kick right to the woman’s side. Sasuke couldn’t move out of fear. The woman recovered quickly as the two stood on top of the snake’s head. “Ah, come to play as well” the woman chuckled, licking her lips. As Sithena kept her attention, Sakura took the chance to yell some sense into Sasuke.

Sithena didn’t reply as she readied herself, shifting into a fighting stance. Her tongue lashed out, attempting to grab ahold of her, but she dodged pulling her bow out and continually released arrows toward her. One by one, she moved gracefully away from them, her body distorting into the snake like way she did earlier. “You may be a demon, but I’ve been known to be the same” she spoke, as she disappeared and reappeared behind Sithena.

Her eyes widened as the woman brought her right hand right into Sithena’s wound in a snake like shape. She screamed in pain as her head began to spin. She fell beside Sasuke, whimpering and shaking in pain. “So much for being the boy’s protector…can’t even fight properly” Sasuke gasped, his head snapped to her. Sithena pulled down her mask and gazed up at Sasuke, “You have…to run…run!” Blood started to spill from her mouth. She could feel the black veins moving further across her body.

Sasuke stood in shock for a few moments until suddenly he shouted, “No!” He had remembered the moment his brother had told him to run after he had slaughtered his family. He remembered how he taunted him for begging for his life, running away with the shame of not fighting that night. He wasn’t going to do that now and let his team nor Sithena to fall for his cowardness. The woman chuckled as the snake disappeared and she was left on a branch higher than Sasuke.