Status: A remade version of a story I had written on Quizilla years ago.

The Avenger's Demon

Poisoned

Sasuke had activated his Sharingan, draining any fear that held him in place. Sithena gazed up, trying to hold out her hand to stop him, but she was far too weak. Sakura had even given him a piece of her mind. Sasuke had let fear over take his body before and Naruto had to step in and save them.

“Even…even Sithena! She’s badly injured and will still protect us no matter the cost Sasuke!” She yelled, bringing tears to her eyes.

Sasuke had closed his eyes, lifting his head toward the beaming sun leaking through the dense trees of the forest. He was going to face this fear, he would have to if he ever had hopes in defeating his brother.

The woman stood ready as Sasuke dashed toward her with a weapon clenched in his mouth. She had created a sign, blowing him back, but he had dodged it by jumping up. As he flipped, he launched a few kunai toward her which she dodged just by moving her head. From there it was an all-out battle.

Sasuke had pushed himself off a tree as the two threw punches and kicks, both very well evenly matched. Sithena could only watch helplessly as he fought on his own against this unknown enemy. ‘Please…be careful’ She begged within her mind, her voice feeling it had vanished.

This woman was fast though, but he was faster as long as he had his Sharingan on. The battle was surely intense with the flames Sasuke would spit out. There was a point Sasuke’s attack should have killed her, only to reveal it was substitution. It was then the tables turned, Sasuke couldn’t handle her attacks, but it was all just a trick for he attached bombs to her back side.

Sasuke was able to pin her to a tree with the small wires he carried. This would be his final blow. “The…Dragon Flame Jutsu…incredible” Sithena whispered. It definitely burnt that bitch to a crisp as Sakura cheered.

“N…no way” Sithena tried to stand, it was difficult, but she had managed. The woman was still alive, but this wasn’t a woman at all. “Orochimaru…” She was in disbelief that we was still around, all this time. It didn’t dawn on her until it was too late what he had truly come for. “Sasuke!” It happened so fast. She was just a few feet away, but Orochimaru was still faster. He had bit into Sasuke’s neck.

Hearing him scream in such pain made her heart shatter. The seal was placed and there was nothing she could do to remove it. Sakura tried to aid him the best she could, but he had suddenly lost consciousness. “Naruto!! I need you!” She started to tear, “Sithena!” She screamed, hugging Sasuke close. “Sakura” Sithena weakly spoke.

“I…I don’t…know what to do” Sakura tried to speak through her sobs. “It’s alright…everything will be…” Sithena collapsed on her knees, “Sithena!” “I’m fine…we need to get you three to cover”

Sithena was carrying Sasuke as Sakura carried Naruto to a hollowed tree, safe from the open area. The two boys laid there, badly injured. Even worse, Sasuke was growing a fever. “What’s…happening to him?” Sakura was afraid to hear the answer, but she needed to know.

“Sasuke has been cursed. That man is one of the most dangerous ninja you will ever face. All we can do is pray Sasuke can fight through this curse. If he doesn’t…he will die” Sithena narrowed her eyes, as she leaned against the tree, a hand placed on her wound. Her eyes widened as her head snapped back to him, his breathing was shallow.

“What about you?” She turned back to Sithena, her eyes locked on her bleeding wound. “Unfortunately, those flames that Cylix caused weren’t normal flames. It wasn’t his power that created them, but a concoction of sorts. Whatever ingredients he used to create such massive flames, he also added what is called Deathblooms”

“Deathblooms?”

“Yeah, a horrible flower grown only in my country. They grow in the darkest parts of caverns or ravines. It’s harmless to humans for odd reasons, but to us it’s deadly” Sithena gazed down, avoiding eye contact. Sakura began to panic, “You can’t be serious! That’s why you haven’t been healing. Isn’t there a way to stop it?”

Sithena averted her eyes to the clearing just outside the hollowed tree, “Yes, but it’s far too dangerous to venture. I’ll tell you…but you mustn’t speak a word what is happening to me to the others. I can’t let them worry about me too” Sakura agreed as Sithena explained the only cure, causing Sakura to become uneasy by the thought.

“Did you hear that?” Sithena spoke up, lifting herself off the ground, ignoring the pain screaming for her to stop. Day break was hitting and the sun blazed through the trees. Sithena walked out first, glancing around for anything suspicious. A squirrel had popped out of nowhere, “Not today” She spoke in her ancient voice causing the creature to stop. “Poor thing” She quickly deactivated the bomb.

Sakura began to dose off, obviously exhausted for taking care of three of her teammates. Sithena wasn’t much help at this point, with the poison spreading, she was becoming more useless by the hour.

“So much for a lookout, you’re practically half asleep” A man’s voice spoke, causing the girl’s heads to whip toward their direction. Three sound ninjas stood only a few feet away.

Sithena growled, “You must be his henchmen” They ignored her, “Wake Sasuke up, we want to fight him” The leader spoke. “I’m not going to let you touch him!” Sakura shouted as Sithena walked towards her. Sakura’s traps didn’t work, they had discovered the one buried in the ground and easily blasted through the log.

“I won’t be able to fight them” Sithena spoke, stepping in front of Sakura. Just as the ninjas grew closer, Lee had jumped into action, kicking them all away. ‘That kid from earlier’ Sithena thought to herself, he had come to save Sakura. Of course the kid was madly in love at first sight.

“You, Sithena right?” Lee turned slightly, “Huh?” She blinked several times, not expecting him to speak with her. “Are you able to fight?” “I’ll do my best. Can’t promise anything” She replied, readying herself for battle. “If you can, keep the other two away while I take this guy” “Right” Sithena nodded as she stepped beside him.

“Lord Orochimaru warned us of a demon girl protecting Sasuke…” The leader spoke as he turned to the others, “Be sure not to kill her” His team nodded as Sithena glared, ‘What would they want with me? I wasn’t cursed’

The battle had begun. Lee had pulled out a massive root from the ground to block the leader’s attack. Lee’s attacks were absolutely amazing. He was quick and powerful, but with three ninjas against him, it would be hard.

The leader came for another blow, “Watch it!” Sithena shouted, pushing Lee to the side and taking the blow. It was a full frontal attack with his sound wave and with Sithena’s acute hearing, it was deafening. Everything was dizzy, she couldn’t focus any longer, “Sithena” Lee was shocked, seeing she had taken the hit for him.

She was brought down to her knees, “I’m sorry…I can’t-” Sithena collapsed, falling unconscious as Sakura shouted for her, but her voice only faded with the darkness.

“Where am I?” She felt like she was floating, but there was nothing around her. Sithena felt her feet touch ground as she gazed around for anything. There was still nothing. “What is that?” She saw bars ahead of her, jail bars with plenty of sealed papers. Though every few moments, one would burn away.

“Your time is almost up”

“What?” She turned a full 360 before she realized the voice was coming from the jail bars. Something deep within the darkness. The voice, sounded like hers, but more demonic.

“I will escape, I will control!” Suddenly a frightening image of her came hurtling towards her, banging through the bars.

Sithena backed away in fear, this is what it looked like, her inner animal. Crazed golden eyes, her hair was messed up with rugged clothes. Even her white feathered wings were molting slightly.

“No, I’ll never let you do it! I won’t let you hurt Sasuke or my friends!” She yelled, only to get a laugh in return.

A sickening, evil laugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry it took FOREVER! ._. Adult life really sucks sometimes, especially when you are part of the military. I know it had been awhile and I thank you for all sticking here for me. There are times were I just can't get the time to sit and write, but I'll never forget my stories, just have to find the time is all.