Status: A remade version of a story I had written on Quizilla years ago.

The Avenger's Demon

A Challange

The entire walk was silent. I didn’t let it bother me but it sure did pull some nerves. I glanced in his direction from the corner of my eye, studying his features. His hands were stuffed in his pockets as he trudged on, slightly ahead of me. A scowl laid upon his features as he kept his gaze straight ahead. I had heard of what happened to his family. Nothing good comes out of things like that, having your own brother betray you and kill what’s left of your clan. A soft sigh escaped my lips, he let anger consume his very core and hinder his view on life.

He turned his head so he’d give me a side glance glare, “What” he spat with irritation. That only earned him a soft giggle. “So much tension you hold. Why don’t you relax for once?” I asked as if that could fix anything.

He gave me a strange look and huffed, “uh” was all he could say. So much for conversation. We had made it to his living place, he opened the sliding door going in first. “Such a gentleman” I muttered but he clearly heard. “What was that?” He sneered, obviously letting his anger get the best of him. “Nothing at all” I smiled innocently. “You’re only here because you were told to. If it were up to me I wouldn’t care if you lived in the streets” He remarked which caused my eyes to widen.

Was this boy that heartless? For some reason my smile frowned as my face grew disappointed. “Just show me to my room…please” I quietly spoke. I didn’t want to show this side of me but it was already bad enough that I felt my teammates would hate me for being a demon. My dark blue orbs kept in contact with the floor, Sasuke turned and led me to my room.

“Here” he pointed, walking into a room ahead and slamming the door. Suddenly my eyes narrowed toward his closed door, my eyes shifting from a blue to golden cat like eyes. I growled and stormed into my room, closing the door yet not slamming it, may smash the door in pieces if I tried.

The sun was just barely setting as I curled into my bed, regaining my composure as my ocean blue eyes took over again. I can’t let him get to me; that could be a dangerous move. I’m not just yet out of the clear. “Four more years…I’ll be past that stage” I groaned. What a pain.

My eyes started to flutter shut. The exhaustion started to overcome me. I only hope tomorrow would be decent for my first day back in Konoha. The darkness soon engulfed my senses as I drifted into a dreamless sleep.

~~~Sasuke~~~

“Stupid” he muttered, sitting at the edge of his bed glaring out the window towards the setting sun. He wasn’t completely excited to have someone living in his house, nonetheless a girl. What’s worse is she’s not just a girl. She’s a creature that belonged in nightmares. A very beau- no! He shook his head.

He kicked off his sandals and shedding his clothes but stopped when he got to his pants. A flash of blue eyes appeared in his mind, disappointment shrouded within them. “Agh!” He huffed, opening his door slowly, peering out. Sithena’s door was closed. He cautiously walked up to her door, pressing his ear against the wooden surface.

Rhythmic breathing muffled through the door. His dark gaze fell to the door knob. He was fighting a losing battle with himself as he carefully opened the door, thankful his doors weren’t squeaking like mad. Sure enough she was sleeping, curled into a ball. She didn’t even bother to cover herself. ‘Moron’ he thought to himself as he carefully walked up to her bed side.

He had to admit, for a demon she slept peacefully. A few strands of dark hair fell in front of her flawless face. He found himself staring at for god knows how long. He shook his head and glared down at her. It was a waste of time to think of anything like that right now. He sighed, pulling the blankets over her thin body. For someone so strong she looked so fragile. He turned to leave, but not without giving her one more glance.

A devilish smirk crossed his lips as he walked out and closed the door silently. It was his nature to challenge anyone that seem to excel more than him. It was his own way to improve his strength. He needed to defeat any challenge that may stand in his way of his own desires. What better way to test his strength than on a demon? If she was as strong as the Hokage announced then she sure would put up a fight.

Sasuke crawled into bed, his eyes gazing up into the ceiling until sleep took control. Golden eyes started to haunt his dreams the moment he slept.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and/or message. <3 thank you so much for reading.