Status: A remade version of a story I had written on Quizilla years ago.

The Avenger's Demon

True Flaws Show

“You were the one who killed them all? Our own kind!” The shock quickly faded, flaming into anger. His smirk, fell to a frown. “We are gods, not some servant to these mortals. We were granted great power and we use this power to serve human’s. Mortals should be our servants, useless beings that try to be gods but don’t come close to what power we have” His smirk returned as fire engulfed him, soon to vanish to reveal his once black hair become blood red along with his cat like eyes brightly glowing red.

Red and black like dragon armor covered his body, a scaly tail wrapped in front of his body while his bat like red wings expanded out. Sithena could feel his power weighing heavy on her shoulders. A tinge of fear stung her heart. She wasn’t sure she was ready to face someone like him.

She held her hand out to push Sasuke more behind her. He gave her an expression she couldn’t focus on. “You’re wrong. We were given this power to protect the ones who need it. If we were truly gods, we would protect our so called mortals. They need our guidance but even we can learn something from them. We can’t just use our gift for something so foul!” Sithena growled to him. He was like kin to her. Another dragon demon who killed off his own kind.

“Who is he?” Sasuke was still slightly stunned by the new transformation he had taken. “He was one of our greatest warriors. Cylix was the leader of our army against demons that dared to leave the Darkness country without permission. I suppose his heart became dark with the power he was given. I’ll be honest…I don’t know how I’ll be able to face him” she admitted. Her heart was racing.

He fully turned to her with a dark glare, “What do you mean? The Hokage said you were powerful!” Sithena returned the glare, “Powerful against most mortals but when it comes to my own kind I’m probably just as powerful as a Genin or close to a Chuunin would”. She took a few steps forward. “But it doesn’t matter, I was trained to continue in my family’s path. I was trained to face the enemy that threatens the balance of our world!” A bluish silver flame engulfed her body and as it cleared, she was in the same state as Cylix.

Sithena’s once dark hair had become silver as the moon and her blue eyes were now a stunning gold with slit pupils. Her body was covered in a white and gold dragon armor. Amor that shined like shimmering scales with gold lining covering her chest, stomach and lower body. Elegant bell sleeves made of silk wrapped her arms along with armored boots that appeared to be dragon boots, claws that were sharp. Gold horns laid back. Angelic feathered wings expanded, fluttering slightly as a white tail wrapped around her legs with feathers at the tip.

Her nails had grown to be sharper as she growled. Sithena heard Sasuke gasp from behind her but her focus was toward her enemy. Cylix chuckled as he moved into motioned. She took a step forward but then stopped, turning to Sasuke, giving him a side glance, “You need to go and inform Kakashi of the intruder. I don’t want you getting hurt” “Idiot, I’m not leaving you with him”. Sithena growled but before she could say more Cylix interrupted, “Don’t worry. I needed a snack anyway”.

Cylix launched forward with one beat of his wings. He came at her with break neck speed as she lifted her arms to collide with his spiked forearmed armor. Her own spikes clashing with his as she held him back. “You need to go! It’s too dangerous” she grunted as she was forced onto one knee. Cylix was pushing all his weight on her and she couldn’t hold him back any longer.

Cylix flew back just in time to dodge a kunai that had whizzed past his ear. He chuckled, “not a very obedient human are you?” Blue flames formed in Sithena’s palms, licking up her arm “Fine, but if this becomes too much you must go for help. Our team would be more helpful than just us two” She shouted behind her. He nodded, standing in position.

They circled Cylix as if he was their prey, but he was unfazed. The growing smirk on his lips as he stood there, not even bothering to stand at ready for the next attack. What was he planning?
“I’ve had enough of this child’s play” Cylix mumbled, slamming one foot down on the ground creating a rather large crater and a small earthquake to follow. Sasuke and Sithena stumbled around a bit, trying to regain their balance but Sithena was hit first by a forceful blow to the head.

Cylix had launched toward her, knocking her away with his wing. Sithena stayed on her feet as she skidded a few feet away. “It doesn’t have to be like this Cylix! If you stop now I would forgive you. The darkness corrupted you, that’s hard for any demon to turn away from. Please…” Sithena brought her hands to her waist.

Her golden eyes welled up with tears for a short time as she held out her hand to him. She looked pleadingly to him in hopes that it would all change. Cylix gazed at her with shock. He couldn’t comprehend why she would forgive him so easily. At first, she believed she had seen regret in his eyes but they quickly turned devilish. He chuckled, “Always the peace maker. The dragon that would speak through wisdom more than fight. That was always your down fall”.

Before she could defend herself, he had swung his spiked arm toward her stomach. The spikes had pierced through her armor and dug deep within her flesh. She grunted from the pain as she was flung deeper into the forest and out of sight from Sasuke.

Cylix averted back to Sasuke who only stood there in fear, the kunais in his hand only shook. “You should be afraid boy. Standing before a god that could slaughter you down in seconds…but I like to play with my prey” He glowered down at Sasuke. He spread his wings, launching toward Sasuke and wrapping his scaly tail around Sasuke’s torso, holding his arms down. Cylix’s chuckle only grew more as he kept on squeezing, watching Sasuke’s face grow red with lack of oxygen.

Poof.

A simple log appeared where Sasuke once was. “What! That’s impossible!” Cylix roared with anger, flinging the defenseless log into the trees. His scent was nowhere in range. “I underestimated the human. Most likely bringing more humans. I don’t have time for this”. He made his way where Sithena was weakly getting up but he had pushed her back down with his foot. She yelped in pain has his armor smashed down on her wounds. “You can act strong all you want. You may be powerful against mortals but when it comes to other demons you’ll always be the weakling who’d rather waste their strength living amongst humans than training to take over”.

Sithena coughed a bit to gain some air, “At least I’m not a coward who hides behind a tough looking mask. I admit I’m weak but I still fight. You won’t admit that you are truly afraid of humans…afraid that you are wrong-” she screamed more when he pressed down harder. He huffed in distaste, “I will never be afraid!” He then lifted his head, gazing around the forest then his glance fell back on her. “I hope that when we meet again I will have a better challenge with you. For the next time we meet will decide our destiny” he laughed until his laugh was but an echo as he disappeared into the darkness.

She could hear shouting from the distance but her vision had slowly fell into darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know if the 3rd person fits better. I feel I could get more in detail of characters this way so let me know how it went. I'm sorry again for how long it took.