Status: A remade version of a story I had written on Quizilla years ago.

The Avenger's Demon

Mythic Tail

All were exhausted, even Sithena was just slightly out of breath. They had been practicing for a good four hours before they were finally done. Sithena had picked up the technique very quickly but she wasn’t hitting the bull’s eye just yet. Sasuke was marvelous as always and so was Sakura. On the other hand, Naruto was in the same boat with Sithena. Improving but not quite there yet.

Sithena wiped whatever sweat had begun to form. As she turned, Naruto stood only inches from her, causing her to jump slightly. “Naruto, what are you….oh right. The lessons” She smiled in realization. She was so concentrated on the training she had completely forgot. She gave a small glance to Kakashi, seeing him nod.

“Yeah, I’d like to know more of the Darkness Country. Also the major clans. Where are they?” Sakura rushed up to them with a smile. Sithena learned that Sakura was the brainiac in the academy. She learned faster than most when it came to certain techniques.

Sithena smiled, gesturing to a boulder laying in the middle of the training field. “Let’s get comfortable shall we? I’m sure we all need a rest after that session”. Everyone gathered, even Kakashi stayed to listen even though he knew most of the lessons she would teach. Sasuke stayed a good distance from them but still in hearing range.

Sithena plopped herself on the boulder, looking down to Naruto and Sakura who had made themselves comfortable on the soft grass. “I’ll start with the five major clans. First was the Drake clan who reside in the Fire Country. The dragons had first arrived about 110 years ago, give or take, this was close to 19 years before Konoha was founded. During that time our leader had met the first Uchiha. From there, we had formed the alliance that I still uphold today. To protect all of Konoha and to protect and serve the Uchiha’s” As she said this, she glanced to Sasuke who’s expression was priceless.

“Serve? Like a servant?” Naruto contained his shouting. Sithena could tell he hated the thought since he was such a rival to Sasuke. Sithena shrugged, “In ways but at the same time not. We weren’t slaves of course. They respected us as we did them. We felt it would help us form a trust with humans. We didn’t serve them but if they needed us we were there. It was up to the individual though if they wanted to be a complete servant to one Uchiha. Like a companion with no collar” She smiled.

“What did you do?” Sakura now asked, having a quick glance toward Sasuke as if she had figured out her own answer. Sithena followed her glance and sighed, “In a way yes. Though it wasn’t fully my choice. Now, enough of my clan. I believe that’s it for today. I don’t want to fill your heads with too much information” She giggled when Naruto groaned. “Don’t worry Naruto, each time we train I’ll talk about one clan. That way we can focus on just one topic at a time. Like a real class would”.

The two agreed as Kakashi had already disappeared without goodbye. “Hey Sithena, want to go hangout? I really don’t feel like going home right now” Naruto sheepishly asked, not wanting to make full contact. “Of course Naruto, it would be my pleasure. I’ve always wanted to see the shops in the village if that seems fine” “Yeah! Let’s go” Naruto excitedly said, pulling Sithena in one direction. He was pretty strong for a mortal as he dragged her towards the shopping district. She waved to Sasuke and Sakura before disappearing.

Sasuke had appeared to raise his arm in protest but didn’t have time as he watched her figure disappear over a hill.

***

“Oh wow look at all the trinkets!” Sithena had been acting like a small child experiencing the world for the first time. Her face pressed against a window to a store with all sorts of old items. Naruto was doing the same next to her. “Yeah, this place always has some cool stuff. When I was smaller, Iruka Sensei took me here” He smiled, stepping back. The expression on his face was soft. He truly did care about this man named Iruka.

“Where is he now?” Sithena asked cautiously. “Oh, he’s a sensei at the academy I was in. He’s the one who helped me pass hehe” He brought his arms to the back of his head and laughed a bit. Sithena sighed a mushroom, “Naruto you made me think he was dead”. He laughed, apologizing for the misunderstanding. They strolled around the shops until Sithena stopped, walking into a store.

Ignoring Naruto’s calls to come back, causing him to just follow. The store was strange. Like a hole in the wall store in the emptier parts of the city.

The place looked sort of voodooish. With mystic items, both ancient and new. Even items that Sithena recognized and wondered how a mortal got their hands on it to sell to other mortals. That’s when two voices suddenly erupted the silence but with no holder in sight. “Welcome to” “the Mythic Tail” The voices collided together in unison, “Where all your magic needs lie here”. That’s when two people appeared, a man and a woman. The two were twins with red hair and emerald eyes.

“No way! Not you two!” Sithena suddenly shouted.