All That I Need

Chapter 1 - Thank you for saving me.

“I’m going to get some supplies before the storm hits.” You told your dad.

“Alright but be back soon. This is going to be a hell of a shit storm.” Your dad cursed. You laughed and you went to the garage. You started your car and you went off to search for an open store.

You considered yourself lucky when you found a store that was still open and it was near your house. You picked up some supplies and you paid for your purchase. After that, you settled all your belongings in the trunk. You noticed a ragged man, who you assumed to be by your age, sitting in the alley.

“Oh no.” You told yourself and you looked at him. You contemplated for a few seconds and you decided to take him in.

“W-where are you taking me?” He said in a low, broken, Chinese dialect.

“To my home. You need it.” You put his arm around your shoulders and you helped him walk to your car. After settling him in the passenger’s seat, you went to the drivers seat as the rain was pouring down. You drove and you parked inside the garage.

“Dad!” You called.

“What is it?” He asked and he noticed a boy in the passenger’s seat. “Oh.”

Your dad carried him inside and he laid him on the sofa. “Is it okay if he rests in your room?”

“I don’t mind.” You smiled. “I’m going to prepare some food.”

Your dad nodded and he carried the man to your room. He cleaned his wounds and he changed his clothes.

You waited for him to wake up and occasionally bringing him food. You sighed as he was still unconscious when you checked up on him.

The storm was ending as you heard on the news but the clouds were still grey. You reminisced one time and you sighed.

“Time to open up on the piano again.” You told yourself. You sat and played along to the tune of We The Kings.

While you were playing, the man opened his eyes and he followed the sound. He found you playing your heart out but he sensed sadness with your notes. You noticed someone staring at you and you looked at him.

You smiled and you moved your seat. You patted your side and he sat beside you. You unplugged your earphones and you changed your notes. He smiled as he felt your music.

After you played you asked him, “What’s your name?”

“I-Im Min-joon.” He replied.

“Are you North Korean?” You asked again and he gulped. “Don’t worry, we’re not going to turn you in.”

He stayed silent and you just stared at the keys. You looked at him again and you spoke. “So… Would you like to eat?”

He nodded and the two of you stood up. “Alright, to the kitchen!”

You grabbed his wrist gently and led him to the kitchen. He blushed but he hid it with his stoic expression.

“Sit down while I prepare.” You instructed and he nodded. You quickly prepared the chicken curry and rice. You laid the food in front of him and you told him, “You can start without me.”

“No, no. I’ll wait.” He answered.

“This girl is weird for welcoming me. Is it obvious that I’m North Korean?” He asked himself in Korean.

“Yes, it is. Judging from your pin.” You answered in Korean. He blushed and you giggled. “The meal is ready. Please bear with my cooking.”

He didn’t speak and he didn’t move. You smiled and you put rice and curry on his plate. He grabbed his chopsticks and he ate some meat. After a bite he continued to eat and judging from his appearance, you smiled and you knew that he loved the food.

After eating he placed the dishes on the sink and he started cleaning it with his only arm.

“Hey, rest.” You told him.

“But, I don’t want to be a burden.” He said.

“Nonsense.” You smiled. “Please go back upstairs and rest.”

“If you insist…” He nodded and turned around. You smiled and continued to clean the kitchen.

Minjoon sat on the bed and he smiled. He didn’t know why he was quickly attracted to you. All he could say was, “Thank you for saving me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy~ :)