Status: Completed

Wake Up, Please Just Wake Up

Don't You ***ing Die, Madison.

If you’d have told Zoe Benson a year ago that she’d be living under the same roof as Madison Montgomery, movie star, she’d laugh and call you a liar. On her first day at Robichaux’s Academy, if you’d have told Zoe Benson that she’d fall in love with the afore mentioned actress, she’d probably roll her eyes, looking away with a blush. If you’d have told Zoe Benson a year after she’d been living in the Academy that she was going to lose her best friend and her soulmate, Zoe would believe that she was in her own personal H E L L.

She’d lost this girl once, and the day she brought her back was the day she knew that some part of her was in love with this girl, no matter how much of a bitch she could be. You’d never be able to get her to admit it, though - it just wasn’t something she’d say, for fear of being laughed at. Madison was way out of her league, and there was no point in wasting her time over a stupid little crush, whether it was true love or not. Things may have taken a turn for the worst when it became a competition for Kyle’s heart, but that part of Zoe that felt so deeply for the other blonde was something that she doubted would ever go away, even through death.

Tears sprung to the girl’s eyes as she pushed the hair off of Madison’s face gently, the salty liquid running down her face before finally dripping onto Madison’s cheek. A sob shook Zoe’s thin frame, and she pulled the actress tighter into her arms, hugging her tightly as she shook her head in disbelief. Madison wasn’t dead. She couldn’t be dead - Not again. “D-don’t you die on me.” she whispered, pleading with the girl in her arms, whether she could hear her or not. Zoe even dared to shake her a little, searching for a reaction - any reaction - that would prove that Madison wasn’t gone. If Zoe ever tried shaking her before this had happened, Madison would’ve ripped her head off or punished her in some way that only Madison would do, and Zoe was okay with that - as long as Madison wasn’t gone.

"Don’t die on me!" She screamed at the girl, feeling her heart shatter like glass on a cement floor. "Don’t you fucking die, Madison!"

“I love you, okay? There, I said it. I love you. Come back, please.” her words were so quiet between the sobs, before she defeatedly buried her face into the blonde’s hair, letting all her cries be muffled in the golden locks. This couldn’t be happening, not now. It was too soon.

After crying for what seemed like hours, her throat was raw and burning, and it felt like her eyes had dried completely. Her face slowly pulled away from the corpse, already cold and stiff. Staring at Madison for a long time, letting the reality of it sink in, she realized there was one hope left, and she had to try it. Moving into a position more suitable for it, she hunched over Madison’s corpse and pressed her hands onto the girl’s chest, squeezing her eyes shut tightly. Vitalum Vitalis was never one of her strongest suits, but she’d brought someone back before, and if she could save only one person in this world, it would be Madison.

"Wake up. Please, just wake up. I’m so sorry I let you die. I-I love you, Madison. Please, don’t leave me.. -"

“- I need you.”