Status: One shot

Like a Rainbow

1/1

Oh darling, I wish you could see yourself the way I see you. You're beautiful through and through. With striking looks and a personality to match.

But for some reason, you feel the need to hide yourself from the world. Behind a shroud of immaturity and happiness. But most of the time dear, I can see right through you.

I don't understand why you choose to hide yourself from the world. Are that afraid of what other people will think? Do you not like something about yourself? Please sweetheart, help me understand. You're perfect to me. I just get how you could see yourself any other way.

I know you were bullied as a child, but did it affect you that much? Are you still so scared that those monsters from your past will come back? They won't hurt you this time, not when I'm around.

I suppose I should consider myself lucky; being one of the few that's seen the real you. I've seen you without the security blanket; without anything to hide behind. And dearest, that's how I know just how much I love you.

Don't you dare lose yourself. In this world full of fakes, I want you to be real. I know it's hard, and I know they'll judge you. But you deserve to be, who you want to be. You denser be the chance to be yourself.

I've seen you when you act all shy, I've seen you when you're not your happiest. I've stood by you even when you thought I'd go.

You shine through the darkness, in a world so rough. You can stand through anything, you're stronger than you think. I've seen what you can do, I've seen you fight through the pain. I've seen the real you.

I wish you would understand, you don't need to hide anymore. Not around me at least. I've seen your true colors. And my love, they've made me fall for you harder.

Your true colors are beautiful
Like a rainbow
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't think I've ever written something this short. First real Drabble I guess.

I wrote this as Alex talking to Jack, but no names were mentioned so, if you want to read it as something else, go ahead.