Status: updated as and when

I Promise You

one

The day they met was forever imprinted in his mind. How she hid behind the taller male, with her elbow length blonde – nearly white – hair tucked behind her right ear and thrown lazily over her left shoulder in a sort of plait style. The air that was his lungs had been knocked out, just by his mud brown eyes meeting the enchanting blue almond shaped ones she possessed. But any logical, wanting feelings that he had in them moments were destroyed when he looked to her right, seeing his taller, best friend stood next to the petite blonde. A goofy smile was plastered on his face as he slid his hand down her lower arm, lacing their fingers together. He could only fight off jealousy with an iron bar. Oliver had never ever felt like this towards a girl and he knew, he knew that she was the one.

He was pulled out of his memories by a pair of fingers clicking in front of him. He withdrew from the heat of the studio as he looked up to see his band mate, Vegan – also known as Matt – stood in front of him with a confused look upon his face. “You alright there mate? You zoned out for a bit.” He chuckled, his voice raspy.

Oliver nodded, unsure of what to answer and decided that a simple, curt nod was the finest. Vegan simply nodded and left, heading back towards his instrument, picking it up and strumming his hand across it, making sure it was tuned and working well. Oliver watched as he stepped into the pod he himself had been in a half hour before and pulling the over headphones on, his blonde hair slid back almost in his usual style. Standing up, Oliver cleared his throat, alerting the other three members not currently in the pod. “I'm gonna go for a fag.” He murmured, knowing that they would simply nod and allow him to be on his way, as he exited their studio, the sound of other artists recording could be heard. He knew that four doors down was Pierce The Veil, an American band he had met years before, the band who recommended him and the boys recording in the sunny area of San Diego in comparison to the dull, dreary streets of Sheffield. As his feet carried him in the direction of the room, he could hear two different voices singing in unison, the usual, gentle voice of Vic – their lead singer – and a new, more feminine one. He brushed it off quickly, continuing to walk as he spotted the doorway leading outside.

As the rays of the sun hit him, he sighed in content, leaning against the wall and pulling the cigarettes out of his pocket, as well as his usual red lighter, within seconds he held a death stick between his fingers and was blowing air into the surrounding atmosphere. The thoughts of her once more climbed back into his head, like a reoccurring dream, one he wished he could wake up to find true. A lifelong obsession was unhealthy and even though he had spent countless nights with countless different women, none could've changed how he wished it was her. The one girl he could never have had. Bros before hoes. He'd been told, the only other person knowing his longing was Lee, the quietest one of the band who had warned Oliver of his risks. The last he heard she was in South Africa, working to teach

Some days she didn't cross his mind at all, other days she was all that occupied it. He would remember the blonde of her hair, how it was more than not tied up into a fish tail plait of some sort, occasionally she'd have it down, but it was rare. He would remember the blue of her eyes, how some days they looked green, other they looked blue, blue as blue could be. He rubbed a tattooed hand down his face as he stumped the finished stick out on the wall behind him. As he pushed himself off the wall, he turned to head back inside; only to knock into a figure.

“Shit, I'm sorry.” He apologised, not looking at who she was until he heard a gasp, the scent of strawberries and cream being the first thing that entered his nose as he looked up, tilting his head almost. A grey beanie rested on her head, covered in a blaze of radiance as the breath caught in his throat. Blue almond eyes glistened in the mid-day light as his heart began to drum a familiar beat whenever he saw her smile. He heaved a silent breath as his dream came true, she was back.

“Ella?”
♠ ♠ ♠
here we go! chapter one;3