The Truth About Sex

Lucy - Undressing The Words

“Where’s your place?” Lucy purred into... what’s his name’s ear. She couldn’t really remember what he had told her his name was while they were chatting at the bar. Her eyes scanned over the boy in front of her. He was... average looking. Nothing spectacular. His hair was trimmed neatly and spiked up a tad in the front and he was wearing a t-shirt from the local community college and some khaki shorts. Typical college guy.

College Guy gave her a wink and pulled her from the crowded bar and down the sidewalk. The bars were just letting out, filling the streets with the wasted youth of the town, both literally and figuratively. There was a girl leaned over the curb, dry heaving. “Light weight,” Lucy thought silently. She laughed just a little to herself.

“Tell me about yourself,” College Guy said, looking over at her. His cheeks were flushed from the alcohol and the heat from inside the bar. In the light, he looked a bit more attractive than he did in the darkness of the seedy hangout. His eyes were a light brown color, just a shade lighter than his hair. He was sort of skinny, but it was clear he worked out a bit. His shoulders were broad and his arms were built.

Attractive, sure. But not someone Lucy was willing to give up her years of playing coy for.

“Nuh-uh.” Lucy shook her head, tucking a blonde strand of hair behind her ear. College Guy gave her a weird look and a lopsided smile.

“Why not?” A shrug was his answer. “Come on. All I know is your name.”

“So? There’s nothing wrong with that.” She turned towards him and smiled just a little before leaning up and kissing his lips softly. Mainly just to shut him up. She had reasons not to tell him about herself. The first one being she didn’t plan to speak to him much more after this night. Lucy wasn’t a “relationship” type. She saw what trouble love was, and frankly, she didn’t want it.

“Well alright then,” he laughed, tugging her along. They finally reached an average sized house on the street.

“Parents?” she asked, kicking off her shoes by the front door.

“Mom isn’t around. Dad’s on business. Can you work with that?” Yes she could.

Lucy wrapped her arms around him, not wasting any time. A quick kiss was placed on his lips before he pulled her up the stairs and into a room on the left side of the hallway.

The room was a dark blue, the walls covered in old pictures, posters of various sports teams, and of course, a large Sports Illustrated cover poster right across from his bed. Baseball trophies lined the dresser pressed against the far wall, and there were a few items of clothing strewn across a computer chair pushed up to his desk. Typical College Guy room. Average, average, average. The strikes were tallying up.

She crawled onto the bed and was soon pressed against the mattress with his body. He wasn’t a bad kisser though, so that was good. College Guy positioned himself between her legs and kissed her, running his tongue against her bottom lip. They made quick work of their clothes, leaving them lying completely naked. “You got one?” she mumbled against his lips. He pulled away for only a second and pulled a condom from the bedside drawer and put it on before leaning between her legs again.

College Guy knew the ropes just as well as she did. Maybe she’d give him a call back for round two if it went well enough.

Before long, they were lost in the moment. All that working out made him an exceptional lay, and that was something Lucy could appreciate. They eventually switched positions, ending with her on her hands and knees and him thrusting in from behind her. He gripped her hips tight and threw his head back with a moan. “Jesus Christ, Lucy,” he groaned. She just smiled down against the sheets in reply. Her breathing quickened as she pushed against him with his rhythm.
She was about to finish, and so was he. Successful night, she’d say.

Well, successful until the door opened and an older man walked in. “Tony?” he croaked, automatically covering his face.

“Tony,” she reminded herself. That was his name.

“Dad?!” Tony pushed out of her and frantically hurried to pull his boxers on. Lucy really didn’t rush to get off the bed and dress as he did. She was used to this. It had happened numerous times, and she was stupid to think that something wasn’t going to happen this time. Tony pushed his dad out of the room, hissing at him about how “he was supposed to be gone for the rest of the night.” Apparently his dad had forgotten something and had to turn around, deciding just to come home for the evening.

Lucky for them.

Lucy pulled on her clothes before walking out into the living room. “I’m gonna just... head out,” she said with a laugh, hiking her thumb towards the front door.

“Call me, okay?” Tony rushed over and took a pen to her hand, scribbling down a number. One that was probably not going to be used, if she was being honest. She gave a terse nod and walked out the front door as College Guy and his dad argued.

Any other person would probably be really disappointed in how the night ended, but Lucy had come to expect it. She wasn’t the world’s luckiest woman in bed. She’d had plenty of good lays, but none ended very well. The bed would break. The guy would have second thoughts. Parents, siblings, and sometimes even girlfriends walk in. The latter was always the worst.

Embarrassing sex stories? Lucy had her fill of them.

She walked down the sidewalk towards her dorm. Surely she couldn’t be the only girl with these sorts of problem, could she? There had to be other people who shared her same bad luck in the bedroom. She walked up towards her room and let herself in, shutting and locking the door behind her. “I wonder...” she mused silently. Lucy changed into a pair of shorts and a tank top before sitting down on her bed and pulling her laptop to her. She found herself typing into Google’s search bar.

embarrassing sex stories

Articles upon articles showed up.

20 Embarrassing Sex Stories That Ended in the ER
My Most Embarrassing Sex Stories
EMBARRISSING SEX STORIES?? Tell US.


One stuck out to her though. She clicked the link to a website called The Truth About Sex.

An online community to post your personal sex stories.
Don't be shy. We've all had those awkward moments in the bedroom.
We're not here to judge, but to remind each other that sex isn't always what it seems.
It's about time someone does.


Lucy huffed out a laugh. “Damn right it’s time.” She scrolled through some of the posts. This website was made in the intention that people submitted their own sex stories anonymously, and once reviewed, they were posted and people could comment on them with a usual “man, I thought I was the only one.” Each post ended with a small “moral” or what you learned from the experience.

Quickly, she pressed the submit button and started typing, a smile on her lips.

Tonight, I was in bed with this guy and we were fooling around at his house. His dad was supposed to be gone for the rest of the evening for some sort of business, so I wasn’t really worried. All of a sudden, as we were switching positions, the door flew open and all I heard was an older man scrambling for words and slamming the door back shut. His dad literally saw his son bent over my back, thrusting into me and trying to make me call him my daddy. Needless to say, I’m not calling him back. The truth about sex: triple check that you’ve locked the door.

She pressed “post” and sat back, scrolling through a few more posts before closing out and hitting the sheets, but for sleep this time. When the lights were out and she was trying to fall asleep, she cursed the feeling inside of her. It came up every night after she slept with a guy. That sinking feeling that maybe this was all she would ever find.

Like hell if she was going to be miserable for the rest of her life.

Maybe it was time she took this into her own hands, she decided. Lucy was sick of being let down every single time, and since it didn’t seem to be getting any better, why should she keep on the same track she was on?

“I’m done,” she mumbled to herself, flopping over onto her back. “I’ve got school to focus on anyways. I’m done with this.”

If she just kept getting let down, what was the point? Why should she put herself through something that is just basically a huge waste of time? Why put up with the mediocre service if you’re not satisfied with the goods?

Sex was something that was supposed to make you feel good, not make you stare at the clock on the wall and wonder how long it’s going to take this time.

So, was boycotting sex the answer to all her problems? Sex seemed to be the root of all her issues, so maybe just kicking it like a bad habit was the answer.

It was August. Nine months from then was May, which signaled the end of the Spring semester. It also seemed to be the perfect finish line for her little proposition. Her internship at a small publishing house in New York would be starting up as soon as the semester was over, and she really didn’t want some fling to interfere with her plans to cut ties and move to the big city.

So she would hold out until the end of May. She knew she had the willpower if she just put her mind to it.

But could she really hold off that long?

Probably not.

Image


Lucy woke up around one that afternoon, just like she did every Saturday. She didn’t get a lot of time during the week to sleep in, so she took the chance whenever she could. After a few moments of just lying there, staring up at the ceiling, she pushed herself up from the mattress and opened her laptop. She was a bit curious to see if she had any feedback on her post from the website last night.

Quickly, she found the site and scrolled through, eventually finding her post. It had been cleared for posting sometime while she slept. She noticed at the bottom of the post, there was a heart with the number 132 beside it. After a few moments of thinking, she realized it must have been the people who “liked” the post, or whatever was acceptable for this website. Maybe it was the amount of people who felt her pain and knew exactly what she was going through. Beside that, there was a place for comments, and it said there were 15 of them.

She clicked the post and it took her to a different page, showing all of the comments in a list below her story.

Oh god, that’s the worst. The icing on the cake is when they want to join.
EWWW! Wait, was his dad hot too?
Run. RUN FAR AWAY.


Lucy laughed just a tad as she closed the browser out and shut her computer. It made her feel better to know that she wasn’t alone in her fight for a spectacular night in bed. However, it looks like they aren’t having any luck either.

She decided after her incident last night, she deserved a treat. So, she quickly showered, brushed her teeth, and dressed in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt before pulling her long, blonde hair back in a messy ponytail. A trip to the coffee shop didn’t call for anything fancy. She grabbed her phone and her bag and she was on her way.

The heat outside hit her hard when she opened the door to the dorm building. Georgia’s heat stuck around until November, and even after that there were days that required switching from heat to a.c. all in a matter of hours.

She pulled her sunglasses from her bag and slipped them onto her face, relieving her from some of the sunlight that was blaring down on her. Students rushed around her on bikes while others were laying out in the middle of the open field, apparently trying to tan. There was a couple leaning up against one of the many trees on the campus, placing tiny, barely-there kisses on their lips in between mushy-gushy “I love you’s.” She couldn’t contain her eyes as they rolled.

“It’ll be over in a month,” she mused morbidly. Classes had just begun and budding romances were springing up all over the place as incoming freshmen started their classes. Lucy had been there before. She knew what it was like to walk into that first class and see fresh faces all around her.

Her first year had been a rush of drunken nights and guy after guy in her bed. Yeah, she was stupid. She made her mistakes and she learned from them. But apparently not enough to keep her out of the sheets.

What could she say? She didn’t connect love and sex like other people did. She felt like she could have sex without the feelings, and so far, she had done pretty well for herself. The only time she had ever felt something was her first time, which was to be expected. That was before she got smart and realized the lies that society had been telling her through her whole life.

Lucy pushed the door open to the coffee shop and made her way to the counter, glancing over the menu. “I’ll have a caramel Frappuccino, extra whipped cream, and.. um.. give me a slice of the lemon pound cake, please,” she told the cashier with a smile. The boy stood there staring at her for just a few moments before punching in her order. “Freshman,” she thought silently. She placed her money on the counter and just for kicks told him to keep the change.

Before long, her order was up on the counter and she was moving to a chair in the corner. She sipped on her drink once, savoring the cold feeling it left behind. She sent up a silent “thank you” to above for the heaven-in-a-cup. As she unfolded the paper from her cake, the bell above the door rang as someone walked in. She was a bit too preoccupied with her food to take a look at the customer, but she didn’t think much about it. The shop was usually filled to the brim with college students looking for a quick pick-me-up or hangover cure after a crazy Friday night.

She picked apart the lemon pound cake, mainly focusing on the icing, which of course was the best part. Her mom always had specialized in baking when she grew up, just like her grandmother, great grandmother, and generations before that. Lucy was the first girl in the family that didn’t care to bake. She preferred to eat the stuff instead.

About halfway through the pastry, she heard the chair in front of her grate across the floor, and she was being stared at. When she glanced up, her eyes fell on dark, messy curls and dazzlingly green eyes. Unlike College Guy, this boy was spectacular. He was something to look at, and he was staring straight at her.

“Can I help you?” she finally asked after swallowing a bite of her food.

“Well, your number would be a nice start.” His voice was as beautiful as he was. Deep and British, the perfect mix. She had to take a breath before she could speak again.

“Sorry,” she replied with a quick shrug. “I don’t do that.”

“Do what? Chat with a friend?” The boy leaned forward on his arms and challenged her with a smirk.

“A friend?” Lucy laughed as she sat back in her chair, her eyes never leaving the beauty in front of her. He looked like the artistic type, but she could be wrong. Maybe a photographer. A writer? No, he didn’t fit the spaced out look. Perhaps a musician. His voice definitely had potential. “I don’t even know your name.”

“Harry Styles, nice to meet you,” he said cheerfully, sticking a hand over the table for her to shake. She ignored it. “Well, you know my name. That’s a bit more than what I know about you.”

“Why don’t we keep it that way?” She started to stand as she grabbed her trash.

Harry sighed and rolled his eyes, but the smile never left his lips. “Come on. Just sit down and talk to me. I mean no harm.” Lucy glanced down at him. She was trying to hold true to the contract she wrote up in her mind the night before and it was obvious this guy was going to make it hard on her.

But she couldn’t let him. She had to stay strong to his flattering, but overused, advances.
“I’d rather not,” she replied finally causing his self-confidence to falter only the tiniest bit before he was back on his game again. Lucy walked over to the trash and tossed away her garbage, trying to get out of the shop before a certain Lothario followed. Of course her luck wasn’t that good.

Pulling her sunglasses back over her face, she was instantly aware of a lumbering figure beside her and she sighed. “What do you want, Romeo?”

“If I’m your Romeo, does that make you my Juliet?” Shit.

“No, it doesn’t. It makes me uninterested.” Lucy never stopped walking. She kept her head forward, not daring to glance over at the boy strolling next to her, because she was worried that she would take back her pledge not even a day into it.

Harry smirked. “But... all the girls are interested in this.”

“All the girls except for me, maybe.”

“Can’t I at least know your name?”

She sighed heavily. “If I tell you my name, will you leave me alone?” Harry paused for just a moment before giving her a shrug.

“Guess that’s a risk you’ll have to take.”

“Lucy. My name is Lucy.”

He coughed out a loud laugh and said, “Well, in that case, I can be your Ricky.” As if she hadn’t heard that one before. She didn’t think her eyes could roll that far back in her head, but she surprised herself.

“So original,” she sneered.

“I know right? So, can I have your number now?” This boy was not letting it go. Instead of playing into the whole routine, she decided to ignore him and give him the cold shoulder. They walked in silence for a good while, but instead of giving up, Harry kept following her like a lost puppy. “Where are we going?” he finally asked as he pulled his phone from his pocket and checked the time. “I’ve got to be at work in a few hours, but I’m sure I could squeeze in time to take you out for a quick drink.”

“Well, I am going back to my dorm to work on a project of mine.”

“Oh, cool. We can just hang out there, then.”

Shaking her head, Lucy closed her eyes and let out a laugh. “Listen,” she said, stopping on the sidewalk and pushing her sunglasses on top of her head once more, “you seem like a really sweet guy, Harry. But I’m not interested, okay?” Harry stared down at her, raising an eyebrow. She thought for just a moment that maybe he understood, but then he smirked.

“I guess I just have to make you interested then, don’t I?”

Lucy laughed again. She had dealt with guys before that didn’t know when to stop. Usually, the new would wear off within around a week and they would move on to the next pretty face they found, leaving Lucy to her bigger fish.

Just because Lucy slept around didn’t mean she didn’t have standards, and even though Harry met those standards and went above average, it would take more than a few smooth lines to get into her bed.

All she had to do was drag him on for a little while. He would eventually get bored just like the rest, and leave her alone. “You know what?” she spoke, cocking her head to one side.

“What?”

“Make me interested, and we’ll talk, Romeo.” Harry stuck out his hand.

“Shake on it and we’ve got a deal.” Lucy’s hand slapped against his and instead of shaking it, Harry pulled it up to his lips and pressed a kiss to it. “You’ve just set yourself up to lose, Juliet. Lucky for me.”

Harry let her hand drop and without another word, he turned on his heel and walked away, holding his head up high.

This was going to be a hell of a year.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
So there it is! I’m so excited to be writing this collab with Laura (invaderpayne). This story has been in the works for a good while, and I’m so excited that we’re finally sharing this with all of you. Here's some questions you can answer.

What are your first thoughts on Lucy? What about Harry?
How true to her word do you think Lucy will be?
Any predictions you have or things you’d like to see later on?

www.blessedbutlost.tumblr.com
Image