Status: I have so many ideas for this wow.

Flourishing

Not Sorry

Shane pulled away from me, cursing as he did so. I pushed myself from the pool and quickly collected my things. All of us scattered and I hopped the fence with Shane’s help. There was yelling behind us, but my bare feet continued to slap against the blacktop as we ran. Finally coming to a stop, I placed my hands on my knees as I bent over to catch my breath.

“Damn,” I wheezed, “I have got to quit smoking.”

Shane laughed and threw his arm over my shoulders as I stood upright.

“I think the guard went after Luna and Nick. We’re safe,” he spoke.

I nodded and pulled my clothes on over the wet undergarments, “do you know what the time is?”

Shane shrugged and checked his phone, “12:14. Why?”

Heaving out a sigh, I pulled on my sandals, “I’ve got to head home soon. My parents’ flight lands early tomorrow.”

He shook out his light brownish blonde hair and began to lead me away.

“As long as you’re home before them, what does it matter?”

“Shane-“ I began.

“You gotta let loose and live, Vi!” He exclaimed, “you’re eighteen! Start acting like it.”

I bit my lip and looked down. He had a point. My entire life I have focused on keeping my parents happy by following their strict rules that I haven’t truly experienced life.

“Where are we going then?”

Shane sent me a wolfish grin as he entertained our hands.

“Wherever you want, doll!”

∆∆∆∆

I laughed at something Shane said as we entered his apartment. Sam, his roommate, was still with Katie and Sophie so we were alone.

Shane skipped to the fridge and pulled out a bottle of tequila. I grinned as he took a drink before handing it over to me. Taking a gulp, I flopped onto the old couch. We passed it back and forth and before I knew it, my mind was fuzzy and giggles were escaping my mouth.

“I swear to God!” He spoke over my laughter, “the koala just sat there!”

I rolled my eyes, “you’re just fucking with me. That’s an Australian stereotype.”

Shane pouted and I laughed harder as I poked his ribs.

“Stop that!”

Smirking, I raised an eyebrow, “Or what?”

“Vienna,” he whined and my finger came in contact with his firm side.

Quicker than expected, he pinned my hands over my head and ended up on my back. My blue eyes flicked down to his lips and all I wanted to do was press them against mine. His tongue poked out as he licked his lips and I lost all self control.

His mouth was soft against my own and my hands found a way to his short, messy hair.

Soon, our tongues were inside each other’s mouths and we began to kiss more feverishly. My legs wrapped around his waist and his hand rested on my outer thigh. Pausing for just a moment, we slipped our shirts off and he lifted me off the couch. He stumbled to his room and fell onto his bed. I tugged gently on his hair as he worked my shorts off. His mouth moved to my neck and I let out a quiet moan. I felt his lips pull into a smirk and I pushed his jeans off his hips.

We were like that for a while; simply kissing and touching and eventually undressing. We were both growing impatient and he dug through his drawer for a moment before pulling out a small square.

Slipping the condom on, my eyes shut as quiet sighs and louder moans escaped me. It definitely wasn’t my first time, but I had only ever been with one other guy. I didn’t focus on that though, and instead diverted my attention to how lovely his back felt under my hands.

∆∆∆∆

I groaned as the sun shone into my eyes and I threw an arm over them. My head was pounding and I didn’t quite remember where I was. Blinking a few times, I looked around fully and saw a very naked Shane laying next to me. Memories flooded back and I covered my face.

“Shit,” I mumbled before looking up again. The alarm clock read 9:35.

“Shit!” I repeated, louder and Shane’s eyes peeked open.

“What’s wrong?” He sleepily asked.

I jumped over him and began to search for my clothing. Tugging my bra on, I gathered my shorts and looked around for my camisole.

“My parents’ flight landed at 9,” I responded, “where the hell are my panties?”

Shane pulled a pair of sweatpants on and shrugged, “I’ll drive you back.”

I huffed as I pulled on my shorts and grabbed one of his shirts, “thanks.”

We rushed to his car, both quiet from the hangovers we were experiencing. It wasn’t awkward, surprisingly. We seemed to accept the fact that we had drunken sex the previous night. I wasn’t sure what this meant for our friendship; I don’t think he’s wanting a girlfriend.

It didn’t take too long before he pulled up a block away from my house.

“This good?”

I nodded in response to his question and kissed his cheek, “bye.”

“Vi,” he called and I stuck my head back in.

“I’m not sorry,” Shane spoke.

My mouth lifted into a smirk, “neither am I.”

I stepped away and ran towards my home. It wasn’t that far and soon I was ducking inside the door. Denver raised his eyebrows as I ran past him on my way up the steps and into my room.

Once in the safety, I climbed under the duvet and closed my eyes. I made it home before I could get caught.

∆∆∆∆

I heard my parents enter the house about twenty minutes later. I had managed to change into a pair of pajama pants and a white tank top. My dark hair was messy and had dried chlorine in it, so I pulled it into a bun, and my waterproof mascara had been removed, I walked to the top of the stairs and smiled at my mother who was standing at the bottom.

“Did you just wake up?” She asked.

I nodded and skipped down the stairs. Kissing her on the cheek as I passed, I walked towards the kitchen and greeted my father. I grabbed an Advil from the cabinet and poured a glass of orange juice.

“What’s wrong, Vienna?” He questioned.

“I’ve got one of my headaches again,” I responded. Headaches would plague me when I would become stressed, so it was easier to play off hangovers.

“How was everything? No parties? You and Denver stayed home?”

I laughed, “of course, daddy.”

He hummed and I took my orange juice back to my room, ready to forget about the previous night.