Status: Rewriting this!

The Impact of One Moment

The Day After (Jack POV; Alex POV))

I woke up the next morning, not knowing what had happened. I moved around a little, and when my body started hurting, it all came back, rushing to me. I cringed, the memories being still so fresh.

I slowly sat up, I was in a lot of pain. My ribs felt especially bad, breathing felt like being stabbed. My head hurt a lot too, and my bruises… well let’s not talk about them.

I looked at the clock, it was already 9 am. I decided not to go to school today, after all, I’d been hit by a bus. But then I remembered that there was something important at school today and I had to go. So I popped a painkiller, got dressed and went to school after checking with my mum. I was feeling sick so I didn’t eat anything.

At school, I told people about what had happened, and after the (what felt like) 1000th time being asked about how it happened I just told people to shut up. I was soon fed up and told the teacher I was going home.

The rest of the day was pretty much TV, sleeping and eating. Every single movement was incredibly painful.

The next morning, I decided to stay home altogether. Mum tucked me in.

Randy was a dick and ignored me completely. I hadn’t seen him once since the accident, other than Alex, who was there every day, and had even got me a tiny stuffed toy.

--------------

ALEX POV

Jack had texted me the day of the accident, telling me about it. I had been shocked, I had wanted to come and tuck him in and pamper him, but he had brushed it off. It hurt a little that my crush of several years now just brushed my offer off, but he was in shock.

I was really glad he hadn’t died. Honestly, I do not think I would be able to be without him. I brought him a little stuffed toy and I went over every day after school. It was very cute, but Randy was always on my mind. I hoped I would get a chance to show my qualities to Jack one day too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww! Tell me what you think! :)

-Laura