Status: Active

Candy Apples

twenty - seven

I cracked. I was tired of feeling like something was terribly wrong, and not knowing why.

"Don't...please. I can't, I just wanna go home. Don't, DON'T! Just tell how I get home. I don't care how fucking crazy all of this is, just take me home Orion, please."

There's tears in my eyes but it doesn't phase him. His grin gets wider and slowly he walks towards me. When he's in front of me, he places both hands on my shoulders and gazes down into my eyes.

"I can't take you home," He says with a sad smile. "You don't understand..." then, to my horror, a moth crawls out of his ear and flies through the open window. I push him off and my back smashes into the window, a scream stuck in my throat.

"Home isn't here! Home was never here...in this existence," He shouts, his arms outstretched.

"Shut up you fucking maniac, you're not making sense," I reply shakily.

He cackles at that, and shows me an apple covered in caramel. He takes a large bite out of it, then throws it at me.

It falls to my feet, and at closer inspection, maggots had consumed most of its core.

Orion points a bony finger at the rotten apple.

"That...is your mind."
♠ ♠ ♠
ooo