Status: In progress

How Did We Get Here?

Chapter One

Kitten was exhausted and sick of whatever the hell was going on with everyone in the house. Zayn, harry, Louis and Niall had been at each other’s throats all week. Nouis were treating her like absolute shit whereas Zarry was treating Princess like crap. She had no idea what was going on but she was getting fed up with it awful fast. She’d JUST had surgery and she was supposed to be relaxing and recovering but her boyfriend’s weren’t giving her a chance and poor Princess was supposed to be relaxing on her time off and their boyfriends were making it hell.

“I swear to god I can’t take this any more!” Princess snapped as she stormed into the kitchen where her girlfriend was currently sipping her tea trying desperately to ignore the screaming in the other room. Kitten glanced up her eyes red and she looked so worn out and like she hadn’t slept in a week which was probably the truth. She hadn’t slept since surgery because she was uncomfortable.

“I’m sorry my love,” Kitten sighed as she stood up shifting uncomfortably for a minute before moving over to the tea pot and pouring Princess a cup as well. “Anything I can do for you darling?” She asked looking over at her girlfriend sadly.

“Can I ask you something?” Princess frowned as she took the tea. Kitten moved back over to her chair needing to sit back down. Kitten could feel a little concern creeping up in her throat but she nodded.

“Ask anything you want babe,” She smiled weakly. Princess looked down at her tea biting down on her bottom lip recalling some of the things Harry and Zayn had said to her through the week and how upset she was about this whole situation.

“Do you mind if I… Go away? Like go stay with George and them for a little while? Harry and Zayn are ragging on me something awful and I can’t take it any more. I love you kitten, and I want to be here to take care of you but I can’t be around them right now,” She was practically pleading with her girlfriend to let her go away for a little while. Kitten Swallowed the lump in her throat and looked up at her sad lover.

“I want you to do what you need to do, I don’t blame you for wanting to leave. Just…Keep in touch with me ok?” Kitten hummed climbing out of her chair and wrapping her arms around her girlfriend in a very gentle hug.

“Would you take a trip too? I mean Maybe it would be best for both of us to leave, the guys are being complete jerks. I think it would be better if you left too, you don’t need all that stress while you’re healing,” Princess frowned as she looked at her recovering girlfriend.

“We’ll see, Right now you need to go and take care of yourself,” Kitten urged pressing a kiss to her forehead and smiling. Princess knew there was no point in arguing with the girl in this state, she was going to go ahead and take advantage of the situation and leave while she could. She didn’t want to put up with the boys any more. She’d text Kitten’s best friend and he’d come take her away from this hell.

“Alright fine,” Princess sighed already formulating the text in her head. She knew temporarily Kitten might be irritated when her friend showed up insisting that they leave but she needed to be stress free and with the way the boys were acting she couldn’t be that way.

“I love you,” Kitten smiled “You can go get the bag you’ve been hiding for a week now,” She teased knowing Princess had wanted to leave for a while now. Princess cheeks turned a bright pink at the mention of her hidden luggage. She nodded shyly before racing upstairs all the while dialing George to tell him she’d be coming to stay with him in an overly excited voice. The older girlfriend just shook her head and relaxed back into her chair.

“What’s going on? Why is Princess so excited?” Harry snapped as he walked into the kitchen to retrieve his Lunch which he had assumed Kitten would have made by now. “Why didn’t you make my lunch?” He frowned getting more irritated by the minute.

“Princess is taking a vacation. Has it occurred to you that I’m recovering from surgery? Or have you completely forgotten about my needs while you wrap your self up in the fued with Niall and Louis over god only knows what?” Kitten’s voice was icy but it kept a semi playful tone to keep the conversation from getting to heated.

“Where’s she going?” Harry pressed ignoring the last part of his girlfriend’s question. The female sitting at the table rolled her eyes grabbing her te.

“Where ever she wants to Harold. She’s a big girl,” That was a snap and Harry felt like he’d been hit in the face. It was very rare that Kitten called him anything other than Hazz or Hazza, but for her to use his full name? Obviously she was upset but why on earth was she upset with him?!

“George is here to pick me up!” Princess sang as she came back down the stairs with her luggage. She smiled at Kitten pressing a kiss to her lips and patting her bum lightly. “take it easy yeah?” She glanced at Harry but said nothing as she bounced out the door screaming ‘I love you Kitten’ as she did.

“You’re just going to let her leave?” Louis’ harsh voice broke through the slight silence that had started to settle after Princess had left. Kitten glanced up at Louis who’d just walked into the kitchen like he just lost his mind.

“I encouraged it,” She stood up from her seat setting the paper she’d been reading down on the table. Louis’ mouth dropped open as he stared at Kitten, how could she encourage Princess to leave at such a bad time! Princess had been the only thing keeping him from killing Harry and Zayn lately! How dare Zarry’s girlfriend allow her to just leave!

“You did what?!” He shouted and Kitten rose an eyebrow at him. Was he seriously raising his voice at her right now? “How could you let my girlfriend leave! I need her! Now I have no one to keep me from Killing Harry and zayn!” He complained. Kitten looked unimpressed.

“Killing Us?! What the hell did we ever do. You are the one who is constantly fighting over Princess! No wonder she wanted to leave. You guys can’t share worth shit!” Zayn argued coming into the kitchen. Kitten felt a little stung. So that’s what they’d been arguing about. The sharing of Princess, though Louis and Niall really didn’t share very well .

“Seriously! You are always so consumed in her you hardly pay Kitten any attention!” Kitten groaned because the last thing she wanted was to be brought into this fight right now.

“Are you kidding! Kitten hogs Princess more than any one in the house! Why should I pay attention to her when she’s just going to steal my girlfriend?” Niall snarled as he walked into the kitchen now joining the argument. Kitten wasn’t going to lie, that one stung a bit more than she thought it would.

“News Flash, You have TWO girlfriends,” Harry practically screamed. “IF it wasn’t for Kitten we wouldn’t have princess for you to hog!” Kitten slammed her head down against the table feeling overwhelmed and upset. She was sure Princess wasn’t the only thing the boys were arguing about but the fact that they’d decided to argue about her in front of Kitten was irritating and hurtful.

Kitten wasn’t sure how much of this she could take. Irritation rattled through her as she laid against the table listening to her boyfriends argue over who let who leave and Princess and everything else in the world. It was twenty minutes later that the doorbell finally rung pausing the fight.

“Who the hell is here?” Zayn snapped looking at Kitten. She rolled her eyes standing up and shaking her head.

“Don’t move or anything, The girl who just had surgery will get the door,” She sarcastically spat at her boyfriends moving out of the living room and to the front door. She opened it and a smile broke out across her lips.

“Hey Kitten!” Taylor Lautner her best friend and ex lover was standing on the other side of the door arms out stretched to embrace the girl. She squealed and threw her self in his arms hugging him as tight as she possibly could.

“Who Is it Kitten!” Louis shouted from the kitchen of course none of them bothering to stand up and come check. Kitten sighed into Taylor’s chest.

“I knew you were staying at my little cabin but I didn’t expect you to show up here,” Kitten laughed pulling away and looking over the one guy she knew she could count on because right now she obviously couldn’t count on her boyfriends.

“Well I received a text message reading ‘If you don’t get over there and rescue my girlfriend I will castrate you’ So I figured I better come and figure out what’s going on,” He teased and Kitten shook her head. Of course Princess would have texted Taylor.

“you want to know what’s going on? You stay right here and just listen for a few minutes. I’ll be right back out,” Kitten smiled sadly as she let him in and slammed the door to make it seem like she’d closed the door in some one’s face. She walked back into the kitchen met wifh four angry expectant faces.

“Who the fuck was it?!” Niall hissed as he sat himself up on the counter looking at the girl with angry eyes.

“Just a fan for Princess,” Kitten sat back down in her chair and looked at her boyfriends like there was something wrong with all of them.

“Did you explain that you just LET my girlfriend walk out!?” Louis snapped and Kitten shook her head because there he went again insisting she was just HIS girlfriend like Kitten didn’t even exsist.

“Maybe she wouldn’t have let “YOUR” girlfriend leave if you paid her some attention every now and then!” Harry argued back looking at Louis angrily. “But No! You can’t even share Princess with us why would you want to with the girl who brought her to us!” Ok that stung to being refered to as ‘the girl who brought Princess to them’ really stung. She was in this relationship to you know.

“Well Maybe SHE should have been the one to leave!” Niall argued and Kitten looked at him wide eyed and pain layering her eyes because how dare he. “I want MY girlfriend back! She was Mine first! We didn’t need Kitten to get her! We don’t need Kitten to keep her!”

“At least Kitten cleans!”

“Our girlfriend can cook!”

“So! Just because Kitten’s a disaster in the kitchen doesn’t mean shit!”

“Ok ENOUGH!” Taylor walked in having heard more than enough at this point. Hearing them referring to kitten as that girl or just as Kitten instead of any one claiming they were her boyfriend boiled his blood and he could see why Princess wanted him to get Kitten out of the situation. Four curious eyes turned to look at Taylor not knowing where he came from.

“What the?” Niall rose an eyebrow still managing a glare in the boys direction as he looked over the muscle head.

“News flash to you morons, That girl sitting there is ALSO your girlfriend. Who HAPPENS to be recovering from surgery, not to mention is probably the only person in this room who had Princess best interests in mind, and if you don’t mind…no even if you do mind I’ll be taking her away with me now,” Taylor stated angrily. He stalked through the boys and over to kitten standing next to her and gently putting an arm around her waist. “Do you need anything from here?”

“You can’t take her!” Harry whined like a small child but Taylor ignored him as Kitten shrugged her shoulders before shaking her head. No there was nothing she needed from the house. She kept a stash of her stuff at the little cottage in the woods.

“No, I keep my stuff there, I’m sure you’ve noticed,” She laughed sadly and Taylor nodded looking away from her and to the boys.

“Let’s get going then yeah? Let these idiots figure out how to pull their heads from their asses,” He smiled and kitten couldn’t help but crack a small smile.

“Excuse me who the hell do you think you are?” Louis growled not happy at the insult and kitten looked up from under Taylor’s arm and made eye contact with each boy separately before settling to stare at the floor.

“Liam would be so disappointed,” Taylor commented shaking his head. He was good friends with Liam, normally he was pretty good friends with all the guys but right now Kitten was the priority. He would have to text Liam and let him know what was going on.

“You have no idea,” Kitten sighed as they started to head towards the door she heard harry and Zayn scoff.

“Sure run away with him, Pathetic, run away when things get hard, fantastic. That’ll solve things,” Tears pricked at Kitten’s eyes and Taylor tightened his grip around her careful of her wounds from surgery.

“come on love, I’ll take care of you,” Taylor promised and with that they left the house leaving the boys to fight amongst themselves.