Status: In progress

How Did We Get Here?

Chapter Two

Princess knew that she was being sneaky by texting Taylor but she knew if there was one person she could count on to get her girlfriend safely out of that environment it was Taylor. She’d received a text message that contained a picture of Kitten curled up against the couch that Princess recognized as the couch at the cottage Kitten owned. With a caption that said “safe and sound after thirty minutes of crying she’s asleep. I’ve got her, don’t you worry you’re pretty little head” She could relax knowing her baby was safe and sound being taken care of. She loved Kitten much too much to allow her to stay in that hell hole.

“Whatcha looking at?” George poked his head over the couch looking at her phone “aww is that Kitten!? She’s adorable it’s been forever since I’ve seen her! She should come over!” he gushed as he messed up Princess hair receiving a hard slap for even playing with her hair. Only Kitten and boys were allowed near her hair.

“Yes it’s Kitten, Taylor had to pick her up from the house because the guys are being assholes, same reason I’m here with you. Except I had to get some one to rescue her because she wouldn’t leave on her own,” She shrugged and looked at him when he mentioned her coming over. “I don’t know. Right now she needs rest, I don’t know what happened after I left but whatever happened really upset Kitten. Tay says she spent a half an hour crying before she fell asleep,” She frowned.

“A half an hour? Geez, did you want to go see her? Or better yet let me take you out and go get some ice cream then we can take some ice cream to her and go visit for a little bit find out what happened? Sound good?” He just wanted to get out of the house. He knew the media would be all over them as soon as they stepped out of the house but he didn’t care. He wanted to see a smile on his favorite girl’s face. JJ popped his head in.

“Ice cream, I want to go for ice cream!” He bounced into the room. Princess let out a laugh as she shook her head. These boys always knew how to put a smile on her face. Maybe tomorrow they could go to the beach after all she planned on staying with the boys until her own boyfriends figured out where the hell their heads were at.

“Sounds good, but we are going to bring some to Kitten, Ice cream and sprinkles are her favorite,” She smiled lovingly at the thought of her beautiful girlfriend. Standing up she linked her arm with George and grabbed one of his snapbacks and slipped it over her messy hair. “let’s go!”

“Eager beaver!” JJ teased and Princess shook her head laughing as they filed out and into the car that of course Princess had to drive because neither of them knew where Kitten’s favorite ice cream shop was.

“we’ve already been spotted and we haven’t even gotten out of the car yet,” George announced noticing pictures of them in the car on his twitter feed already. Princess just rolled her eyes. She loved her fans but sometimes she really couldn’t handle everything and right now was one of those times. She was concerned with one thing only right now and that was getting ice cream to her sad Kitten.

“let’s just get the ice cream and go ok?” She climbed out of the car slamming her car door and George and JJ climbed out quickly, George wrapped his arm around her waist holding her close as they walked into the shop not caring who saw because it wasn’t about what they saw or would say about it, it was about what his best friend needed right now.

“ARE YOU AND NIALL OVER?!” suddenly fans were screaming and Princess felt dizzy. “He tweeted that you left! ARE YOU CHEATING ON HIM WITH GEORG?! HOW DARE YOU!” and the onslaught of words continued and she’d only been out of the house for maybe two hours tops and the boys had already tweeted that she’d gone.

“It’s ok Princess come on,” George murmured quietly into her ear as he held her even closer because her body was starting to shake and he couldn’t tell if she was going to cry or scream at this point ant it worried him.

“NIALL SAID THAT YOU GOT FED UP!” “LOUIS SAYS KITTEN DROVE YOU AWAY!” “HARRY AND ZAYN TWEETED THAT THEY WANTED YOU HOME!” “NIALL DESERVES BETTER THAN A CHEATER!” “IS IT TRUE KITTEN DROVE YOU AWAY? I KNEW SHE WAS BAD FOR YOU!” That last comment was the last straw and George was losing his grip on Princess. She whipped around in his arms fighting against JJ to get at the fan that had just insulted her kitten.

“How dare you! Don’t you ever say my Kitten’s name! I never want to hear her name out of your mouth ever again! How dare you accuse her of being the reason I’m not living in the house right now!” She ranted “and if the boys have said it’s her fault they are lying. Complete bullshit! They are the reason I’m not in the house right now! Kitten didn’t do anything wrong! She’s perfect and beautiful and I love her so fuck you!” She shouted trying to get at the fan to ring his neck.

“Princess, Gabbie!” George broke down using her real name to get her attention back to him. It worked because she punched him hard in the arm after he used her real name. “Let’s get inside before some one pulls out a phone and starts recording you, yeah?” JJ moved so he was blocking her way to the fans and between the two boys they pushed Princess inside the ice cream shop.

“I am so mad right now! Did they seriously tweet that Kitten drove me away?” She snapped looking at JJ who was looking at his phone looking for the tweets that the fans had been talking about. When he stumbled upon them he was almost afraid to nod.

“Yeah, Louis really did tweet that Kitten drove you away….Niall tweeted that Kitten ‘let’ you leave and Harry tweeted ‘Of course run away like you always do, go back to him sure, Princess come home’ and Zayn tweeted “I’m in my own hell. Just want my girls home.” JJ cringed because the only one that wasn’t directed meanly in Kitten’s direction was Zayn.

“Are you fucking Kidding me! I’m a big girl I left because I could! Not because Kitten’ said go ahead. I left because they are being dicks and fighting over me and everything else in the world, my poor baby girl!” Princess glared as she looked at the ice cream counter the poor boy behind the register looked like he was going to pee his pants.

“Look don’t worry about them right now, Let’s just get the ice cream to kitten I’m sure Taylor saw the tweets and is protecting Kitten from them as we speak,” George encouraged and Princess heaved a sigh out and nodded. She angrily ordered her ice cream ice in her voice and the boy behind the register literally started to shake as she ordered. She was a princess but when she was pissed game over.

“You are scaring the poor boy! I’m so sorry she’s just a little upset,” JJ apologized as he ordered the rest of the ice cream and paid giving the boy a bit of a tip for putting up with a pissed off Princess. It didn’t take long for their ice cream to be ready.

“let’s go get this to kitten,” Princess insisted not even giving the crowd another chance to piss her off as she raced to the car hardly waiting for George and JJ to buckle in before pulling out and rushing towards Kittens little hide away. Only select few people knew where that cottage was. The boys knew she had it but they didn’t know the address and that was by Kitten’s choice. She didn’t want them to know. It was her hide away spot and there was only one person on the planet she never hid from and that was Princess.

The drive took a record breaking short amount of time, pulling up to the small cottage in the woods faster than George had ever seen the car go. Angry Princess driving was terrifying and he decided he never wanted to do that again. Before he complain to Princess about her insane driving she was jumping out of the car and racing towards the door.

Taylor had been in the process of holding a devastated Kitten when Princess barged in with Ice cream and sprinkles for the love of her life. “Oh baby,” Princess cooed gently as she set the ice cream down and practically shoved Taylor aside. “I’ve got you, it’s ok baby, none of that stuff is true. I love you so much,” She gushed as she wrapped her long arms around the shorter girl and tugged her into her lap.

“They hate me,” she practically sobbed into Princess arms. “Did you seriously bring me ice cream and sprinkles?” she sniffled her sobs slowing for a moment because really her girlfriend was the best on this earth.

“Of course, what else would make my Kitten smile better than some ice cream and sprinkles,” She smiled sadly as she kissed her girlfriend’s forehead. “Don’t cry baby girl, I hate seeing you so sad,” she frowned.

“I know, But the things they said, they are supposed to love me,” She sniffled as she grabbed her ice cream curling up against Princess as she took a few ginger bites. Her hand was shaking a habit she’d picked up when she was younger and whenever she was upset she shook worse than anything an one had ever seen before. Sometimes it almost looked like she was having a seizure she’d shake so hard.

“Baby, You listen to me, you are beautiful and perfect and I love you and Liam loves you and Taylor loves you and if George and JJ value their life they love you as well” She warned looking at George and JJ who were standing awkwardly in the door way. Taylor just laughed he knew how princess could be and he wasn’t scared of her because he knew as long as he took care of Kitten Princess wouldn’t kill him or have it out for him.

“She won’t bite unless you hurt Kitten,” Taylor reassure the two uncomfortable boys standing in the door way. George nodded because the last thing he wanted was to see Kitten get upset again now that she had pretty much stopped crying. The girl looked much like a 5 year old as she grabbed the plastic container full of her favorite things ice cream recees pieces and sprinkles. Her eyes big and puffy and the brown in her eyes more of a green than brown and her nose a little red and she just looked so innocent and scared.

“how about I call Liam and then we all curl up and watch a movie for the night, Tomorrow we can go to the park or the beach or something,” George suggested smiling gently and Taylor nodded.

“I miss Liam,” Sadness filled kitten’s eyes again and tears began to drip down her face again as she tried to eat her ice cream.

“Shh baby girl, we’ll get Liam on the phone he’ll tell you how much he loves you,” Princess reassured her pressing a kiss to the top of her head. “he loves you more than anything I promise, come on we’ll Skype him ok?” Kitten nodded and curled into Princess as she continued to munch on her ice cream.