Status: Writing!

The Parting Glass

Chapter 1

Hello new story here look on my tumblr luminiabanner. tumblr. com (take out the spaces) for pictures and gifs I created for this story. The song in here and the title is The Parting Glass by the Wailin Jennys, please listen to it if you haven’t before.

The Parting Glass

Name: Edith Jane Clarke - portrayed by Emilia Clarke

Code Name: Agent Clarke or Hummingbird, they gave her the name Hummingbird because of her beauty and grace, and her whistle as she does daily things like the wings flapping on the hummingbird.

Age: not specified she is a mutant but she doesn’t find that out till later and she doesn’t age.

Abilities: She is stronger and smarter than most people from her mutant abilities, it is a lot hard to hurt her such as bruises and broken bones because of her immortality and the strength of her body. She has a perfect aim and uses both guns and swords to go into battle.

Friends: Edith has been friends with Agent Carter for several years and they are both in the same unit and work closely together on several different projects including ones to make other people similar to Edith. The super soldier serum is made partly of Edith’s blood. She is also good friends with Howard Stark.

Hobbies: Apart from being in the military Edith sings for the troops and for different events to get people to join the military.

Clothes: When she is not singing or in battle she wears her uniform which is the same as Agent Carter’s and when she is in battle she wears an ivory, green, and brown outfit with a tattered cape, she has several belts and pouches across her waits and chest holding her bullets, guns, and her swords across her back.

Relationship: Over the course of the movies including Avengers a happy and sad love will form and shatter between Bucky Barnes and Edith Clarke.

Chapter 1

“Oh Agent Clarke how wonderful this is, the first showing of the flying car,” Howard said excitedly as I pulled the black silk gloves over each hand.

“Yes Mr. Stark absolutely dripping with joy,” I said sarcastically looking at myself in the mirror.

“Aww little Hummingbird don’t be that way you will have fun soon enough the war is getting worse and the men are getting thin, but the new super soldier is coming up hopefully that evens out the odds. Two perfect creatures storming over enemies and saving the people,” Stark smiled as I stood up hugging him lightly before heading towards the opening for the stage.

“Ladies and gentlemen please put your hands together for the lovely and beautiful Edith Clarke!” The announcer introduced as I walked onstage my black dress hugging my body perfectly as I walked up to the mic stand.

Bucky’s POV

“Look Steve just watch this event with me and meet a nice girl,” I said pulling Steve into the fair along with mine and his dates. I stood in my uniform ready to leave for my battles. I was having one more night of fun and it was going to be with a pretty lady and my best friend with his girl.

“Bucky this isn’t fun I just want to get in the army and be a soldier like you are, I want to serve and protect the people,” Steve sighed next to me.

“I know Steve but you are safer here,” I said as the announcer walked up to the mic after the military commercial.

“Ladies and gentlemen please put your hands together for the lovely and beautiful Edith Clarke!” He yelled into the mic as a beautiful woman walked out from behind the curtains. She had a black dress that hugged her body perfectly, her brown hair was pulled back in a bun giving me a perfect view of her face. Her red plump lips smiled as she walked up the the mic grabbing it with her black gloved hand.

“Hello everyone, I am here to sing a song for you, it is a song that is for the lost and fallen and I hope you enjoy it,” she spoke smiling widely as the crowd stared in awe. She opened her mouth letting the words flow making me forget about the woman beside me, all I wanted was her even if it was just for one night.

“Oh all the money that e'er I spent
I spent it in good company
And all the harm that e'er I've done
Alas, it was to none but me
And all I've done for want of wit
To memory now I can't recall
So fill to me the parting glass
Good night and joy be with you all

Oh all the comrades that e'er I've had
Are sorry for my going away
And all the sweethearts that e'er I've had
Would wish me one more day to stay
But since it falls unto my lot
That I should rise and you should not
I'll gently rise and I'll softly call
Good night and joy be with you all,” she finished her voice fading out as everyone stared at her in amazement, her voice was captivating the crowd, some cried but everyone clapped and cheered for her.

“Thank you!” She said bowing lightly to us. “I would like to now introduce you to the Mr. Howard Stark!” She yelled as Stark walked out on stage and they exchanged a hug, which made my blood boil, before she handed him the mic.

“Can I just say WOW, wasn’t that absolutely beautiful. Let’s give another round of applause to Agent Edith Clark AKA The Hummingbird,” Stark said making me want to know more about her. Not only did she have a wonderful voice and beautiful looks she was an Agent, part of the military like me.

“Hey Bucky I’m gonna go you have fun,” Steve said pulling me back to reality.

“What no, come on we were just getting started,” I said as the girls walked away together.

“Obviously they just left and you have been undressing Agent Clarke ever since she stepped on stage, go find her and have fun with her I’m leaving,” He stated before walking away some.

“Are you really gonna do this again?” I asked him before her was out of range.

“We’re at a fair I have to try my luck,” He replied shrugging his shoulders.

“As who, Steve from Ohio? They'll catch you or worse they'll actually take you,” I warned him.

“Look I know you don't think I can do this,” Steve defended.

“This isn't a back alley, Steve, it's war.”

“I know it's a war.”

“Then find kin to fight, ..start looking for a job.”

“ What am I going to do, collect scrap. Yes, I know that I'm not going to sit in a factory, Bucky. Bucky come on, there are men laying down their lives. I got no right to do any less than them,” Steve said as I sighed.

“That's what you don't understand.” I told him.

“This isn't about me.”

“Right,” I countered.

“'Cause you got nothing to prove. Don't do anything stupid until I get back.”

“How can I? You're taking all the stupid with you.” He laughed.

“You're a punk.”

“Jerk.”

“Careful.” I warned before he walked away and I turned to find my dream girl.