Status: Active

Found

Chapter II

When we were back in the house Jacey sat in the living room in silence, still mad at me for making her wear the bracelet. It was time she knew why.

“Jacey, do you remember when we moved out here?”

“No. Why?” She asked, dropping her hostile expression.

“No. Of course you don’t. Because you never moved here. I found you out here. Because you were created in a lab, then left for dead. You are a science experiment.”

Jacey slapped me across the face abruptly. “Not funny, Patrick!” She shouted.

“Jace, when you’re sad, it get really windy, even inside. When you’re angry, you set everything you touch on fire. When you’re happy, the grass gets greener. You’ve never noticed that the same thing doesn’t happen with me?” I spoke fast so she wouldn’t hit me again or run away before she heard everything.

“I always just thought it was because you’re lazy.” She smirked, not understanding the seriousness of the situation.

“Jacey, remember when you were little and you were scared, how I would tell you a story to calm you down?” I gently held her hand.

She nodded.

“That’s what I’m going to do.”

She grabbed the blanket from beside her on the couch and spread it over her legs, ready to hear my story.

“There was once a man. A very clever man, who though that humans were great. He loved people, but he had this idea that maybe with a little bit of scientific engineering, humans could be extraordinary. He wanted these people to be able to control the weather, move things with only their minds, and be incredibly strong. But he needed people to test this idea on. So he went out and adopted fourteen orphan teenagers. He used these teenagers to experiment on, to try and make his vision a reality. But after a few years, he decided that the experiment would never succeed, and so he gave up.”

Jacey squeezed my hand. “I don’t like this story.” She whispered, her eyes filled with horror.

“You need to hear this though.” I kissed her head gently before continuing.

“Even though the experiment had been called off, he still had the teenagers to worry about. He had no idea what he was going to do with a bunch of genetically mutated kids, and his next idea wasn’t his greatest. He was going to kill them. However, he had only managed to kill two of them, before the others escaped. Each one of the twelve remaining teenagers running in all different directions. The Creator has spent the rest of his life searching for them. Jacey, you are one of them. That girl out by the fence, she was one too. The Creator must have gotten to her, which means he can’t be far away from here. That bracelet will conceal your powers for now, but just promise me you’ll be very careful for a while.”

“I promise.” She nodded gently, looking down as tears started to well up in her eyes.

“You’re so brave.” I pulled her into a hug, and refused to let go. I just wanted to enjoy holding her, because I knew it could end at any moment.

“But wait. You’re still my big brother right?” She said against my chest.

“Always.” I said.

“I’m not real, am I?” She sobbed.

“You are very real.” I whispered, barely audible, but I knew Jacey heard me.
♠ ♠ ♠
So we now know who the Creator is. Oh, and Jacey.
Hehe. Comment are very welcome!

Thanks guys xx
-Belle