Status: Active

Found

Chapter III

We must have fallen asleep at some point, because I woke up still on the couch, still cradling Jacey as though she were a child. I stroked her hair gently, careful not to wake her. I wondered what I would do if I ever lost her. Jacey was all I had. I gave up everything to protect her, yet there was still a fear in my mind that one day it may not be enough to keep her alive.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Jacey stretching herself out, signalling she was now awake.

“Morning Patrick.” She sighed, flopping back down into my lap.

“Any time you would care to get off me would be great.” I told her sarcastically.

“But I’m too comfortable to move.” She groaned.

“C’mon, I need to pee.” I’d never seen Jacey move so fast in my life. She sat up and crawled quickly to the other side of the couch. “I had a feeling you would move.” I smirked at her standing up.

“I hate you.” She frowned.

“No you don’t.” I laughed.

“Yes I do. I hate you Patrick.” She crossed her arms, not letting up.

“Of course you do.” I ruffled her hair. Although I knew it was a joke, I was always scared that she would end up hating me.

She eventually got off the couch and moved to the kitchen, grabbing out some cereal and two bowls. I moved over to the fridge, getting out the milk.

“Coffee?” I asked, motioning towards the kettle.

She nodded in return, pouring out the cereal. I handed her the milk before putting the kettle on. Jacey yawned and rubbed her eyes.

“Tired?” I laughed.

“Can you blame me?” She said in all seriousness.

The smile left my face. “I suppose not. Jacey, listen, I know it’s a lot to take in but-“

“A lot to take in?! You told me I’m not even a real person, that you’re not really my brother, and that some crazy scientist murderer guy is out to kill me! So yes, that is a lot to take in!” She was on the verge of crying.
“Jacey.” I soothed.

“No! How can I even trust you? How do I know you don’t want to kill me too? How-“ She bit her lip and stopped to breath for a second, still holding in the tears. “H-How do I know that you’re even telling me the truth?” She ran away sobbing and slammed her bedroom door.

After so many years, and she doesn’t trust me anymore. So long protecting Jacey, and I can’t protect her anymore.

A few minutes past before I decided to check on her. I knocked gently on her bedroom door before opening it.

“Jacey?” I asked, seeing her lying down on her bed, back facing me. The room around her was grey. She could never hide her emotions, they were always broadcasted for the world to see.

“Go away Patrick.” She said, any kind of emotion had left her voice.

“Jace, please. Talk to me.”

“What am I supposed to say?” She asked, finally sitting up.

“Anything Jace. Tell me you still trust me.”

“How can I?” She said dryly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoops.

-Belle xx