Lokasenna

The Visit

Three guards hurried towards Loki, who was still standing in front of Sigyn. 'Go! Leave!' she whispered to him, 'You can still disappear!' He took a few steps back while the guards advanced, pushing Sig along as he did so, 'No! You go, they only want me,' he whispered back. 'I'm not leaving you!' she panted, while a guard gruffly took her by her shoulder, trying to drag her and Loki apart. 'No!' they both struggled, trying to hold on to each other while fighting off the guards. 'Take your hands off her!' she heard Loki shout.
'Enough!' Odin bellowed. They had finally managed to pull Sig away from Loki: she was held by one guard and the other two were restraining Loki who was still trying to free himself from their grasp. Odin slowly walked up to Sig and looked at her with an angry blaze in his eyes. 'I came to see what damage was caused here today, and I find you helping him escape,' he pointed his finger at Loki. 'I expressly told you to return to your duties, and I do believe that those duties include serving and aiding Frigga, not a traitor. You disobey me, you bring shame to Frigga's memory by consorting with this… criminal.' he shot a disgusted look at Loki. 'Frigga is gone now, and I have no use for more traitors in my court.' He stared down at her. 'Lock her up and keep an eye on her, I will decide what to do with her later.'
'No!' Loki protested, 'She has done nothing wrong. Let her be, she does not deserve any punishment.' Odin nodded lightly to the guards, turned around and left with the others. They started dragging Sig to an empty cell at the back of the prison, and Loki back to his own. 'No, no! Let her go!' she heard Loki shout, as he started struggling against his guards again. 'Sigyn: GO!' But Sig was too distraught to use magic. 'I can't do it, it's not working!' she shouted back, tears welling up in her eyes again. She was dragged around a corner, she could still hear Loki and his guards, but she could no longer see them. Loki was still shouting her name when the guard threw her into a cell. The glass windows closed around her, the guard watched until it was completely sealed, then turned his back to her and walked away.
Sig sat down on the floor, there was no furniture in this cell. She wondered if she could pass through the window, but she was afraid. A piece of bread lay on the floor beside her, left by a former occupant. She picked it up and jabbed it against the glass. It immediately burned to a smouldering crisp. Apparently Frigga's enchantment only worked for Loki's cell. Defeated, she sat down again, resting her head in her hands.

It took a very long time for Sigyn to calm down. She was lying on her back, staring at the ceiling of her cell. She had been sleeping, she didn't know for how long. But now that she was awake again she could concentrate. It cost her a lot of effort to keep her mind clear of interfering thoughts and to focus on simply being. Even though he was all the way on the other side of the prison, when she was relaxed, she could feel Loki as if he was with her in her cell. And even though he wasn't really there and she couldn't see him or speak to him, it comforted her to at least feel his energy close to her.
She didn't know how long she had been in prison, she didn't see the guards change shifts because she was all the way at the back, and no one came to bring food. There was, however, a water jug in the corner of the cell, that just kept refilling itself whenever she finished it. She thought about Loki, how Frigga had ensured that he was at least fed, had some company, was able to wash. He didn't have those privileges anymore either, seeing as the person who provided them was now imprisoned too. She wondered how he would fare under these conditions. Not good, she presumed. Her fretting over Loki made her mind wander, and she could no longer feel the connection between them. Cursing herself inwardly for her stupidity, she turned on her side and stared at the corridor between the other cells. From where she was, she could see all the way to the entrance of the prison. Loki's cell was one of the first, but she could not see him as it was too far away, and positioned too far to the right. Tired, cold and hungry, she fell asleep again on the hard, damp floor.
When she woke again, a tray of bread had appeared next to her. Famished, she pulled the tray toward her, broke off a piece of bread, and started eating. It was very stale, but she was so hungry that even this could satisfy her. While she ate, she looked at the entrance of the prison. She could see someone approaching from afar, he didn't wear an armour, so it couldn't be a guard. She moved a little closer to the glass, careful not to touch it, however, to get a better look. She recognised the man: it was Thor. He walked to Loki's cell and disappeared from her view. Sig took another piece of bread and, almost absent-mindedly, stuffed it in her mouth while keeping her eyes fixed on the point where Thor had vanished. After many minutes he reappeared again, striding to the exit with -she gasped, and the piece of bread nearly slipped from her hands when she saw- Loki following him. She stared.
They had almost reached the exit, when Loki stopped, turned his head a little as if to look round at Sig's cell, seemed to change his mind and resumed walking.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, I hope you're all still enjoying the story. A slightly important announcement: as this story plays around the events in The Dark World, I'm afraid that it'll probably end sometime soon, as I've almost run out of timeline from the film. I'd love to hear some feedback, on how the story is generally going, and whether or not I should continue with my own timeline from now or whether I should start preparing for the grand finale. Messages/comments are always appreciated! Thanks for reading!