They Don't Have to Know

Chapter One: Thunder and Mischief and Lies

I slipped on a gown of charcoal grey then fastened the buttons running down the back. Tonight, I am to attend a royal ball. I am to arrive, then the feasting will begin shortly thereafter, then the actual dancing shall begin. My parents will be attending with me, well escorting me is more like it. My father will introduce me to the royal family, then he and mother will go off and leave me by myself. I had appeared to have only aged by twenty-seven years, but I am truly much older. This leaves me only all too certain of what's going to happen tonight.

As soon as we arrived, we were whisked off to the throne room. The palace was majestic. Everything was golden and shining; and in the middle of it all, there was a great throne, and on it sat a man with hair and beard white as snow. Immediately on his right was a lovely woman, clearly the king's wife. And to the right of the queen was a young man, around five years older than me, who was very handsome. He was blonde, buff, and was adorned in silvers and red. Parallel to the blonde and buff one, was a man who was a few years younger. Only about two years older than I. His hair was black like the raven, muscular yet very lean, and was clothed in greens and blacks and golds. This man was, in a word, beautiful. And I felt something towards him that I didn't feel towards the other. I'm curious to know what that feeling is.

"My king," My father began, interrupting my thoughts, "may I present to you my only child, Sigyn." I stepped forward and curtsied to Odin All-Father. I rose and he bowed his head.

Odin rose and stepped over to his wife. "This is my wife, Queen Frigga."

"My lady." I curtsied again. She smiled at me. Odin moved on.

"And this is my son, Thor, the God of Thunder." He said, smiling, looking very proud of his son. I curtsied yet again, but this time, Thor grabbed my hand and kissed it, making me feel quite awkward. I forced a smile at him then pulled my hand away.

"And this," Odin began, looking and sounding not nearly as proud of his younger son than of his first, "is Loki. God of Mischief and Lies." As I stooped down in a curtsy, I stumbled over my feet and my long dress, and fell onto Loki, who caught me. I clutched on to his robes and his arms were around my waist. I looked up into his eyes, I was immediately mesmerized. They were a lovely blue-green colour. Striking, really.

He whispered my name, and only I heard him, "Sigyn."

"I apologize, my prince, for my clumsiness." I muttered. And with that, my parents and I left the throne room, with my face beet red.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't own Loki, Frigga, Thor, Sigyn, Odin, or any of the other characters for the most part. Anything that I haven't added myself either goes to Marvel or something else that I will mention when I get to it. Enjoy enjoy enjoy and please give me feedback!