Status: As I write, this happens

Interstate Love Song

television screens

“Colt Rivers, America’s bad boy’s World Tour ended yesterday and rumors are he is heading back to his hometown, Raymont, Arizona. Colt has been interviewed saying that’s his favorite place to be. Raymont is a small, quant town an hour outside of Phoenix. From such a small town, its surprising Colt isn’t the only celebrity from there. Vivian Phillips the heroine in “Blacklisted” is also from there! I think it’s safe to say this tiny town brews talent!”
It was safe to say Janice Deville was the most annoying reporter on television. Leila Murphy wasn’t one for reality TV or celeb gossip, but when it was the beginning of summer break and all your friends were out of town; there was only so many options. Watching TMZ seemed to be the option she had chosen and she regretted it. There wasn’t a cell in her body that wanted to hear a segment on Colt Rivers coming back into town. She tried to avoid the topic of Colt Rivers as much as she could until she absolutely had to deal with it. Like when he came back into town. She had thought she was lucky this time – all their mutual friends were out of town, she would not have to deal with him for at least a full week. It was as if she was getting an early birthday gift. The early birthday gift was defiantly a half-ass gift, since she was stuck watching the ever so annoying Janice go on about him while Leila couldn’t even find the remote.
These shows about Colt were awful. They always praised him for ‘breaking hearts’ and ‘rebelling’, things that you should accept but defiantly not praise a teenage boy for doing. The media was a horrible place.
After another five minutes of searching, Leila deemed the remote as completely lost and walked up to the television monitor and switched it off.
“Leila, sweetie, you really need to get out of the house. Who cares if Ian and Hazel are gone? Make new friends!”
As usual, Leila’s mother padded down the stairs, lecturing Leila about how too much alone time was bad for your health whilst she put her earrings in. It had been the same thing every morning for the past week and she was willing to bet it would be the same for the rest of this one. What her mother seemed to forget was this town was minuscule and the friends you had were the ones you were stuck with until you left.
“I get it, mom.” Leila said with an eye roll.
Her mother pouted. “I’m just trying to help you, Lei. You really do need to get out. You can’t just wait on others to get back.”
Leila exhaled loudly. She was getting frustrated with her mom’s pushiness lately. “Alright. I’ll go for a walk or something, okay?”
Her mom smiled the ‘I’m proud of you for actually listening to me smile’ and kissed Leila on the forehead before running out the door, surely going to be late for work, as per usual.
The second her mother left she was already regretting agreeing to get out of the house. There would be no one to talk to that she really knew and its always awkward walking through crowds of people categorized into ‘I kind of know you but not enough to talk and hang out’ group alone. They all watch you walk by, and they all realize you’re friendless and walking alone with no intention of meeting up with someone. It’s embarrassing.
The Arizona heat was blistering today. A lot of lakes around Arizona dried up during summer months. Raymont was blessed with that not happening to them. Most kids would defiantly be at the lake and a part of her wished she was too. She was just waiting on the days till Hazel and Ian got back. Her mom was right, being alone this long defiantly did something to your health.
Leila decided to avoid the lake altogether, despite having the overwhelming urge to jump into it. Instead, she walked down the strip. It would be overcrowded at the lake, less people would be shopping than swimming on a day like this.
She stopped at the juice bar on the corner. The line was abnormally short, just as she suspected it would be.
“Can I have a pomegranate passion smoothie, please?” She ordered.
“You’re still as predictable as ever. That’s been your favorite since sixth grade.” Someone behind her laughed. She didn’t have to turn around to know who it was. She had just heard his voice, not even ten minutes ago on her TV. Her only thought was, she wished she would have stayed home.
“Well,” She turned on her heel and gave him a condescending look. “When you love something, it’s supposed to last awhile.”
It was a direct dig and she was proud of herself for actually being able to say something like that to him. Not that she usually held back, but they usually tried to be pleasant at first.
“Leila…” His voice trailed off.
The barista handed her the pomegranate passion and she tried to stomp off. He seemed to be in a persistent mood today, and he grabbed her arm, pulling her to a halt.
“Don’t touch me, okay?” She asked, her voice wavering. He slowly let go, with a nod.
“I’m sorry, Leila.” He apologized. “You gotta know I’m sorry.”
She didn’t believe he was sorry and she didn’t have to either. He had been gone for a yearlong tour without so much as a text or a call. He can’t just expect her to believe his delayed apology.
“I don’t ‘gotta’ do anything, Colt.”
She gave him one last glare and she headed on her way. Her mother was going to have to deal with an earful when she got off; making her go outside, what a horrible idea.
When she was far enough away from him, she turned her head back to see if he was still there. He wasn’t. He hadn’t come after her either. That’s just how sincere his apologies were.
Colt Rivers was a complete douchebag.
♠ ♠ ♠
New idea! Tell me what you think!
Outfit
sorry if theres lots of mistakes!!