‹ Prequel: When I Was Your Man
Status: One and Done

Gorilla

Let Me Hear You Say You Want it All

“Those guys are back,” Carrie announced as she walked into the changing room.

“What guys?” Melanie asked.

“You know. Those guys,” she stressed.

“The ones that were here last night?”

“Yes!”

“Oh,” Melanie replied.

“Oh? Just oh? That blonde one dropped five grand in here last night. That warrants more than an oh.”

“Congratulations?” Melanie tried again. “I don’t know, girl; I'm just a bartender. I don’t make the big tips like you do.”

Carrie laughed. “You could though. How many guys have tried to get you to dance for them?”

She shrugged. “Enough.”

“It’s those tiny shorts and cowboy boots you wear.”

“Well, I don’t take my top off so a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do,” Melanie replied, pulling on a low cut white tank top and adjusting her breasts in her push up bra.

“I’ve seen you dance; you could do it.”

“Except I can’t imagine taking my clothes off for a guy I don’t know.”

“You’ve never had a one night stand?”

“Well, sure, one or two.”

“Imagine it’s like that.”

“I can do that with the lights off. I can’t dance with the lights off.”

“Why would you want the lights off? You’re fucking gorgeous, Mel. Let those poor boys see every inch of you so they’ll have that to remember when they never see you again.”

“No one wants to remember this,” Melanie answered, gesturing to herself. “You on the other hand. I mean, you have those big boobs and long legs. I am faking these tits. It’s all smoke and mirrors.”

Carrie shook her head. “You’re crazy girl. You should try it.”

“I think I’ll stick with slinging beers to get through college.”

~*~*~


The brown haired guy at the end of the bar caught Melanie’s eye immediately, offering a smile when she looked his way. She made her way down the bar, chatting with a few regulars before she reached him. She recognized him as one of the guys that had been there the night before and she spotted his friends spread over several tables near the stage, Carrie in the middle of them, working the room as only she knew how.

Melanie smiled when she stood in front of him. “Didn’t get enough of this place last night?” her voice was light, her tone teasing.

“I never saw you dance,” he answered.

“And you never will, no matter how many times you come back.”

“Why not? You’re the prettiest girl in here.”

Melanie blushed. “I think you have me confused with Karina.”

“Which one is Karina?”

Melanie pointed at Carrie, who was now perched on the lap of the blonde from the night before. “That’s Karina,” she said, using the other woman’s stage name.

He followed where she pointed before turning back to the bartender. “You’re prettier.”

“Flattery will get you nowhere. What can I get you?”

He indicated a dark beer on tap and Melanie busied herself pouring for him. She set it in front of him and he passed her his credit card. “Start me a tab?”

She glanced at the front of his card. “Sure thing, Daniel.”

“You can call me Dan.”

“Dan,” she repeated.

He smiled. “What can I call you?”

“Melanie.”

“It’s nice to meet you, Melanie.”

Daniel Carcillo wasn’t sure why he felt himself drawn to the girl behind the bar but it’s where he stayed all night, taking any chance he got to talk to her. She wasn’t made up like the other girls were, and she had on slightly more clothes, definitely less revealing, except for when she turned around. The snug denim shorts ended an inch too short on her backside, giving a tantalizing view of her ass.

Melanie bent to retrieve a dropped bottle opener from the floor, purposely rolling up more slowly than necessary. She knew her ass was hanging out of her shorts but she figured what the hell. She was enjoying talking to Dan and she found herself drifting back towards him at the bar as the night wore on. He stayed at the spot at the end of the bar, his back to the stage and dancers, rebuffing those who approached him through the night. His focus was all on Melanie and his reward was her bending over to pick up something she had dropped on purpose.

At the opposite end of the bar, Carrie caught Melanie’s attention and waved her over. “What’s up?” Melanie asked her.

“What is going on with you and that boy?” Carrie demanded.

“Nothing is going on.”

“I’ve seen you talking to him all night."

“Because he is sitting there and ordering beer. Did you want me to ignore him?”

“I want you to get some."

“Carrie!” Melanie hissed.

“He is into you so why not?”

“He is not into me.”

“He’s stayed at the bar all night and ignored everyone. Or haven't you noticed?”

“I noticed.”

"You were giving him the eye and he was totally giving it back. Don't think I missed that little bend and snap move you just pulled either. Pretty sure he had to fix the front of his pants because of that one. Take him into the private and give him a show.”

“I couldn't.”

“You could. Just tell Mark you need it for ten minutes. My treat.”

“You’re crazy.”

“Trust me.” She looked around and spotted Mark, waving him over.

“What do you need, Karina?”

“Melanie needs the back room.”

“Melanie doesn’t dance so why would she need the back room?”

“Because Melanie is going to need the back room. Ten minutes. I’ll pay the going rate.” She pulled several bills out and handed them to Mark. “There you go. Melanie is going on break now.”

Mark shrugged. “Yeah, whatever,” he muttered as he walked away.

Carrie grinned victoriously before pulling Melanie out from behind the bar. She pulled her hair out of the pony tail and finger combed the hair before patting Melanie’s ass and nudging her towards Dan.

Dan watched the two girls with interest and saw as the dancer Melanie had called Karina handed off money to what he assumed was their boss. With a quick flip of her wrist, she had Melanie's brown hair out of her ponytail and Dan felt his mouth go dry as Melanie walked towards him from the other side of the bar. When she stood in front of him, she reached for his hand and her fingers wound around his.

“Come on,” Melanie said, barely above a whisper. Dan followed blindly as Melanie led him deeper into the club and into a private back room. She pushed the door closed and motioned for Dan to sit on the couch. Dan watched Melanie as she moved, studying her as her hips moved to the music piped into the room.

She poured herself a shot of tequila from the bar in the corner and downed it quickly, the liquid burning its way down her throat as the music began to play. She exhaled a slow breath before turning. Her eyes collided with Dan's stare and she felt her pulse race. His chest was broad and the material of his t shirt was tight across him, his arms stretched along the back of the couch. His legs were set apart, just wide enough that she knew she'd be able to step between them.

Ooh I got a body full of liquor
With a cocaine kicker
And I'm feeling like I'm thirty feet tall
So lay it down, lay it down


Melanie moved towards the pole in the center of the room, wrapping a hand around it and moving around it before stopping in front of him, her back pressed against the cool metal. She held his gaze and slid down, rolling her body before reaching above her head and quickly moving up the pole.

You got your legs up in the sky
With the devil in your eyes
Let me hear you say you want it all
Say it now, say it now

Look what you're doing, look what you've done
But in this jungle you can't run
'Cause what I got for you
I promise it's a killer,
You'll be banging on my chest
Bang bang, gorilla


Dan watched dumbfounded as the sweet girl that had been busting his chops all night at the bar spun around the pole like a pro, swinging and moving with tricks to defy gravity. He swallowed hard as she slid back down and moved towards him.

His hands slid up her back as she straddled his lap, gyrating against him. He pulled in a breath and held her hips against him as she grinded her pelvis against him.

Yeah, I got a fistful of your hair
But you don't look like you're scared
You just smile and tell me, "Daddy, it's yours."
'Cause you know how I like it,
You's a dirty little lover


Melanie reveled in the feel of Dan's hands on her body as she undulated against his strong body. She ran her hands over every inch of him, feeling every ripple of muscle his body held. Her fingers ran through his hair, tilting his head to the side as she placed a feather light kiss along his jawline. She leaned in close to him to whisper words of the song in his ear.

It's yours.

That's what she had whispered close to his ear and Dan thought he might die, her fingers running through his hair, her breasts rubbing his chest through their shirts. He reached for her tank top and pulled it off of her, his hands skimming her sides as he drank her in. She stood and shimmied out of her shorts, leaving her in a lacy white bra and panty set and her cowboy boots.

If the neighbors call the cops,
Call the sheriff, call the SWAT ‒ we don't stop,
We keep rocking while they're knocking on our door
And you're screaming,
Give it to me baby,
Give it to me motherfucker!


She mouthed the last words to him, her eyes locked with his as she walked backwards to the pole, grabbing hold and spinning around in a whirl. She moved on the pole like a pro and Dan watched, a mix of amazement and pure lust as her body rolled and spun around, her legs wrapped around and supporting her body at one point, spread into an inviting split at another time. She turned upside down, sliding down to the floor and stood, walking towards him.

Oh, look what you're doing, look what you've done
But in this jungle you can't run
'Cause what I got for you
I promise it's a killer,
You'll be banging on my chest
Bang bang, gorilla


She emphasized the last three words with two quick hits of her fists to her chest. It was all the encouragement Dan needed as he grabbed her around the waist, hauling her under him as he covered her body with his. He reached behind him and pulled his shirt over his head, dropping it to the floor.

Melanie pulled him down to her and their lips met in a frenzied, sloppy kiss, a mash of teeth. She ran her hands across his shoulders and down his back as he pressed her into the couch.

"I thought you didn't dance," Dan said when they broke apart.

"I don't," Melanie smirked. "I've never done that for anyone except in class."

"Class?"

"Pole dancing class. It's a great workout."

"It's fucking sexy," Dan told her, kissing her neck.

She giggled at his touch. "You're sexy," she murmured. "Your body is incredible."

"So is yours," Dan smiled.

Melanie blushed. "It's not that great."

"These are pretty great," he breathed against her skin, his head dipping to the valley of her breasts.

"That is a great push-up bra."

"Don't care. When do you get off work?"

Melanie wiggled under him and he sat up. She followed and moved to the other side of the couch. She scooped her tank top off the floor and tugged it back on.

"What are you doing?" Dan asked, sliding close to her, invading her space.

"Getting dressed," she replied as she grabbed her shorts, lifting her hips and wiggling into them.

He grabbed her hand to still her. "Why?"

"This was stupid," she muttered, looking at the ground.

"Why?" He asked again, tipping her face to his. He kissed her lightly.

"I don't do this. I'm not like Carrie. She can love 'em and leave 'em. Not me."

"Who is Carrie?"

"Karina. And don't you dare let on you know her real name. We're not supposed to tell the customers that."

"So Melanie isn't your name?"

She smiled. "No, that's my real name. If anyone asks, you should call me Sunny."

"What time do you get off work?"

"Dan...."

"What time, Mel? I'm taking you home tonight. Don't tell me it's not what you want too."

"I'm just not that kind of girl. Honest. I don't even know why I let Carrie talk me into doing this. This is the opposite of me."

"Good," Dan chuckled. "I've done that before and it's not what I want. I want the opposite." He moved over her, caging her under him. "I want to take you out to dinner tomorrow."

"You've already seen me nearly naked."

"I'll scrub it from my memory."

"Liar. Also, I won't be able to forget this," she continued, running a hand down his chest and back. "What do you do anyway?"

"Let's talk about that tomorrow. Right after you tell me why you bartend in a strip club."

"That's an easy question though," Melanie answered as Dan stood, retrieving his shirt from the floor and pulling it back on. He pushed a hand through his hair and then pulled Melanie to her feet.

"What time are you done tonight?"

"We close at two thirty, I usually leave by three."

"Do you need a ride home?"

"I usually ride with Carrie."

"Can I take you home tonight?"

"Wanna skip dinner tomorrow night and have breakfast instead? I might even let you take me home like I know you want too."

"Speed up the chance to have our first date? I'm in," Dan grinned.

"Come on," Melanie said, taking his hand in hers and leading him out of the room.

Carrie saw Melanie emerge from the dark hallway and lead Dan back to his spot at the bar, brushing her lips across his quickly before hurrying back behind the bar. She took care of her regulars but kept one eye on Dan, smiling in his direction. Carrie leaned back into her blonde with a happy smile.

"Why are you so happy?" He asked close to her ear.

"It's nothing," she shook her head. "Just two people finding each other in the sea."

He rolled his eyes. "You a romantic, Karina?"

"Yes," she answered defiantly, sliding from his lap. "Everyone wants a happy ending. To say otherwise is a lie."

She turned on her heel and stalked away. His friend laughed at him. "How do you screw up with a stripper?"

"Fuck you, Richie."

"I might have to; that girl isn't touching you with a ten foot pole, Carts."

"She'll see the error of her ways."

"Or you'll stalk her like a hopeless puppy. I know that look."

"Whatever," Jeff said, shoving at his best friend. "I'm just enjoying the summer."

As the club neared closing time, Jeff, Mike, and the rest of their friends began to head out. Dan remained at the bar.

"Hey," Mike said, grabbing his shoulder. "We're leaving."

"See ya," Dan replied.

"Uhhh...we're leaving?" He repeated.

"And I'm staying. Sunny and I are going for breakfast." She looked over at Dan when she heard her name and smiled in his direction.

"The bartender?" Mike asked.

"Yep."

"You know how to get back to Jeff's place?"

"I'll figure it out. How many jersey shore houses have Canadian flags hanging from them?"

Mike chuckled. "Have fun, man."

"I plan on it."

An hour later, the club was empty and Dan sipped from a bottle of water as he waited for Melanie to appear from the back. She walked out after several minutes in jeans and a v neck t shirt and her cowboy boots.

"Ready?" She asked. He nodded and followed her out. "Do you want to follow me?" She said when she reached her car.

Dan smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of her neck. "I have a confession. I'm here for summer vacation. I don't have my car here. That blond guy? He has a shore house and I'm staying with him."

"Oh. Well, I guess you're riding with me then, huh?"

"I should have been more honest. I'm sorry. I let you think I live here."

"I only live here in the summer anymore. I bartend here for the money for college. I graduate next May."

"Where do you go to school?"

"Long Beach."

Dan smiled. "Yeah?"

"Mmhmm. They have one of the best engineering programs in the country."

"Engineering huh? So you're smart then."

"Probably smarter than you," she teased. "Hope that doesn't scare you,"

"Nope; I'm just a hockey player but it just so happens that I'm playing in LA this season. You should come to my games."

"Maybe I will," she smiled. "But let's see if you pass my breakfast test first."

"There's a test?"

"Yep. I'm sure you'll do fine though."

"I hope so."

"Me too."

FIN
♠ ♠ ♠
I have been sitting on this for a bit but after last nights game, it was time to post it. And if you didn't see how amazing Dan played last night, catch some highlights ASAP. :)