Status: Active

Nothing Else Matters

Are You Saying I'm Next?

A group of men walked into my little E.R. cubicle. The youngest, around my age spoke up. “Hello Miss. Greene, My name is Dr. Spencer Reid. This is Agent Morgan and Hotchner. We’re with the FBI. If you’re up to it I’d like to ask you a few questions about what happened.” He said as they all flashed their badges.

“O.k.” I whispered licking my lips.

“Would you like something to drink?” One of the older men asked.

“Yes please.”

“What is the first thing you remember?”

“I…uh…There was a noise that woke me up.”

“What time was this at?”

“Umm…like two? There were a few loud noises one after another. I was angry, so I got up to tell her to keep it down. The walls are really thin in our building. It’s not the first time she woke me up. I thought she was having a party or something.” I whispered tears slipping down my face.

“I knocked a few times yelling for her. She didn’t answer so I went to open the door….”

I took the cup from the older man when he came back in the room and sipped the cool contents slowly.

“What happened next Miss. Greene?”

“The door opened and a man ran out, throwing me against the wall.”

“What do you remember about this man? What was he wearing? Did he say or do anything?”

“He was covered in blood,” I chocked “and his eyes…They were deep blue…crazy looking. It was like he could see everything, but he didn’t see anything….”

“What did he do next?” Dr. Reid whispered.

“He stared at me. He just….stared at me and then ran off.” I said finally breaking into tears. “I didn’t try to stop him!”

“It is a good thing that you didn’t Miss. Greene.” Dr. Reid said. A long pause followed.

“And that is when you entered the apartment and found her.” Agent Morgan said quietly.

I nodded, “I’d like to go home now.”

The group of men exchanged glances, “Is there somewhere else you can stay? A boyfriend? A family member?”

I shook my head, “No, I…I guess I can get a hotel room? Why? Why can’t I go home?”

“Miss. Greene we don’t want to alarm you, but we believe this could be the work of a serial killer and you interrupted his ritual. We would just like to make sure you’re safe.”

“Are you saying he’ll come after me next?”