Status: Active

Nothing Else Matters

Sleep

“We’re not saying that at all, but it’s only a precaution. Your whole floor is considered a crime scene.” Agent Morgan replied.

“What about my clothes? Everything is at my apartment.” I said grasping at straws.

“Agents Reid and Prentice will escort you to your apartment to gather your things and take you to a hotel, where you will have an escort throughout the night.”

My mind was reeling; how did this all happen?

I agreed only because I didn’t know what else to do. Papers were handed to me and signed, but I couldn’t tell you what I had signed. Nothing seemed to register as I was driven home and then to a hotel in the giant black SUV.

“Huh?” I asked when I noticed Agent Reid had been asking me a question.

“Any particular hotel?” He asked, I had to hang onto every word so I wouldn’t fall back into myself.
“I…I don’t know. I don’t stay at hotels. I’ve always hated them…” I trailed off.

The two agents took care of everything at the hotel; I merely stood there, a silent statue.

Agent Prentice set my bags on the floor next to the bed, “Here are our cards if you need anything, or if you remember anything about what happened. Don’t hesitate to call. There will be an officer watching over you all day.”

“Thank you.” I mumbled sitting at the edge of the bed. I was exhausted, I just wanted to sleep, it was well past 1 P.M. now.

“Here’s your key, remember to call for anything.” Dr. Reid whispered setting my key on the bedside table.

“Thank you.” I mumbled again and with that they closed the door firmly behind them and I was left alone.

I fell the rest of the way back on the bed and closed my eyes, letting sleep fall over me.

Once again I was in the hallway of my apartment building. Those eyes were back, they glowed in the darkness. They were watching my every move. He was coming after me next. Slowly his hand closed around my throat, a ring digging into my flesh.

I gasped and awoke with a start. I fumbled for the first card on the table.

“Spencer Reid.”

“Dr. Reid? It’s Isabella Greene.”

“Miss. Greene, how can I help you?” He said worry thick in his voice.

“He was wearing a ring. The killer was wearing a ring”