Status: Updates every Sunday.

Warning Signs

Chapter One

Kellin's POV:

“Seriously, again Beau? Sometimes I wish you would just stay out.” I sighed and stepped out of the way for my drunken boyfriend to stumble into my house. I led him to the spare bedroom on the first floor; I seriously doubt he’d be able to make the climb up the stairs in this state. Good thing my parents were cool with our relationship and let him stay with us whenever he needed, although I’m not too sure they’d think the same if they knew he was drunk almost every time he actually came to see me. I don’t know why he insisted on getting drunk every single fucking day, but who was I to stop him? It just got kind of annoying opening the door for him every night he forgets his keys - which was almost every night, only to find him so fucked up that he’s barely able to stand.

Beau and I have been together for almost six months, but then again nothing between us is really serious. He’s not into the whole ‘going steady’ thing, and I don’t even like him enough for that. We’re just together because it’s fun; it’s always fun being with an older guy. Plus, Beau is a really good sweet talker and could probably get me back in bed two minutes after we argue. I’m 17, a senior in high school and Beau is 19. He’s not in college, yet he always finds all the best college parties to bring me to, probably because he’s the lead singer in a band. He’s pretty good but he’s always so drunk when he’s on stage it doesn't even matter what talent he has. I guess I didn't mind being his ‘arm candy’ at parties, but I know he’s cheated on me. It hurt knowing that I wasn't enough to satisfy him, but if he was in his right mind instead of his alcohol induced stupidity, I don’t think he’d want to cheat on me.

“What did you get yourself into this time, Beau?” I knew he had to have some kind of drugs in his system; he just simply looked too fucked up for it to just be his normal, excessive amount of alcohol and weed. He stumbled into the bedroom and flopped right onto the bed, closing his eyes right away.

“Uh, don’t know. Jack gave me something.” He says finally, stumbling over his words. Of course Jack gave him something! Jack always has all kinds of new drugs that he gives to Beau, pretty sure that Beau’s even slept with him when he couldn't pay for the drug’s he’d already taken. I rolled my eyes and closed the door, leaving him to sleep off his high. The good thing about Beau is he never drank or did any kind of drugs inside of my house, and only smoked cigarettes out on the back porch. I think he simply had too much respect for my mom and my step dad, for letting him stay here whenever he wasn't on tour. I was grateful that my parents didn't have to know that my boyfriend was a druggie; it was hard enough telling them that he was my boyfriend in the first place. I think they always wanted to perfect poster board son, but that’s not what I was. I was Kellin Quinn, the high school delinquent that was usually pretty sassy and had a ‘don’t give a fuck’ attitude. My room was covered in posters of various bands and of course, I was gay, so I guess I wasn't exactly the perfect son. Then again at least I didn't fail every class, I actually got good grades. One of the things I had always been pretty proud of, the fact that I could out-drink somebody twice my size and still manage to get A’s and B’s in school. I think my mom was pretty proud of it too and that’s why she kind of let me do whatever I wanted, and my step dad was never home so his opinion didn't really matter that much.

I flicked off all the lights on the first floor or the house and locked the front door before making my way back up the stairs, noticing my mom’s light was already off. I guess her and my step dad, Dan, weren't on good terms lately, they've been shutting the light off pretty early instead of staying up talking like they used to. I hoped they didn't start fighting again; those fights could go on for hours about almost nothing that actually made sense. Glancing at the alarm clock on my nightstand and noticing it was already 11:30 pm, I decided to just put on my I Pod and go to sleep.

---

I felt a warm body slide in my bed next to me, and a strong arm drape over my waist. I recognized Beau’s familiar smell and relaxed into his body, forgetting about last night’s events.

“I’m sorry about last night, Kellin.” He whispers in my ear, his warm breath ghosting over it and sending goose bumps throughout my body. I nodded my head and closed my eyes again, trying to drift back into sleep. Beau usually did this after he cheated, and I always forgave him. Like I said earlier, I don’t really mind. We’re not serious enough for me to care, and I don’t think we ever will be serious enough for it. Beau lightly pressed kisses down my neck, which he knew was my weak spot. I gasped a little before pushing away from him.
I could see the light seeping through the windows and I knew it was time to wake up, as much as I’d love to stay home and have my way with Beau. He was probably still fucked up and didn't even know what he was doing anyways. Beau groaned and threw his head back on the pillow when I pulled away from him. I glanced over at him and I saw him close his eyes again, obviously still high on drugs. He was probably blacked out already. I sighed and climbed out of bed, taking a quick shower and getting dressed for school.

School wasn't all that bad, it was my senior year and the whole gay thing didn't cause as much of an issues as it had back in Michigan. Although I was still kind of the new kid in school, I had a handful of friends that I could count on and that was always enough for me. I don’t really give a fuck what anyone thinks of me, especially in school. I guess I just do what I want and people can like me or dislike me, I don’t really mind either way.

My school kind of had ‘groups’ in it. Not like gangs or some shit, but simply groups of friends who stuck together through thick and thin. Sometimes the groups had small rivalries, and some of the groups hang out together. It was a weird thing walking into at first, but I found a smaller group that stayed out of in-school drama and trouble, and they accepted me in right away. California was surely a lot different than Michigan, but I don’t mind the change. Only a few more months until graduation and after that Beau says he’s going to take me on tour with him. I've been on a tour with him once before, before we were ‘together,’ and I know how much trouble it can be. Sometimes a bit of rebellion is really fun, though.

I looked at Beau’s passed out form once more before flicking the light off and leaving for school.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, looks like i'm getting in over my head again. Just too many story ideas, you know? This one is gonna be drama filled though. ^-^

Feedback would be rad. Thank lovies.

xoxo
Ribbon