Status: On hiatus and probable rewrite. The beginning is actual shit.

You & I

{Moving}

“Wake up, Eden. Wake up.”

I groaned and pulled a pillow over my head, “go away, Riley.”

“No. It’s September thirteenth!” He exclaimed as he pulled the pillow off my head.

“Congratulations, you can read a calendar,” I deadpanned.

“Shut up! It is your birthday! Eighteen years old! I can’t even believe it. When did you grow up?”

“When I got fucking pregnant,” I snapped as I sat up.

Mornings usually didn’t agree with me.

“Shush,” he snipped, “you need to get ready. I’m taking you out.”

“Out?”

“Yes. Out. As in the outside world you’ve isolated yourself from. This lack of vitamin d can’t be good for Squirt and Peanut.”

I huffed and climbed out of bed. “All right, I’ll get ready.”

Riley left and I walked towards the bathroom before stripping and climbing into the shower. He was right, I have been avoiding going out in public recently. It was easier to stay inside than to face my old classmates who would no doubt judge me. Being 20 weeks pregnant caused my belly to grow tremendously and I was trying to cope with the weight gain.

I finished up in the shower and quickly got dressed in a flow-y black top and a pair of maternity skinny jeans. My ombrè hair was braided and thrown over my right shoulder before I applied simple makeup. I slipped on my black flats and walked down the stairs.

“Happy birthday, Eden!” Liam exclaimed as I walked into the kitchen.

“Happy birthday,” Bethany repeated.

I thanked them and Riley walked into the room.

“Ready?”

I nodded and followed him out to his car. We climbed in and I looked around.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“It is a surprise!’ Riley responded.

I rolled my eyes, “I hate surprises, Riley!”

“You’ll like this one.”

I huffed and let him drive to wherever the hell he was taking me. He soon pulled into the parking lot in front of the park we met at. I grinned and we got out of the car.

“Why are we here?” I asked, “not that I don’t love that you remembered.”

Riley laughed and pressed his lips to mine. I froze, but began to kiss him back. He pulled away after a few moments and placed his forehead against mine.

“I love you, Eden.”

My breath caught in my throat. He was finally admitting feelings that I figured out two months ago.

“I want the four of us to be a family, not parents who can’t figure out their relationship,” he spoke.

“I love you too,” I whispered with tears in my eyes.

Damn hormones.

Riley grinned and I wrapped my arms around his waist for a hug.

“We’ll be the best damn parents out there. I love Kieran and Serena so much already.”

I pulled away from him and placed a hand on my belly as I felt the distinct kick a baby gave.

“What’s wrong?” Riley asked worriedly, “is everything alright?”

I grinned and placed his hand where I felt the kick. “Say that you love them again.”

Riley repeated himself and the baby gave another kick. He looked up at me with tears filling his eyes.

“Oh my God,” he whispered.

I have been feeling small flutters for a while so this wasn’t as big of a shock for me.

“Since when did we decide on Serena?” I asked.

“I forgot to mention that I came up with a name.”

I laughed and nodded, “you’re lucky I love it.”

∆∆∆∆

I frowned at the mirror and poked the the pink marks that marred my belly. Blowing out a long breath and turning to see the boxes around the room, I pulled my shirt down and placed a hand on my stomach.

“What are you doing?” Riley questioned as he walked into the room and sat on the bed.

“I got stretch marks,” I responded with a pout.

“You’re still hot as hell,” he replied with a cheeky wink before turning serious, “but your body isn’t just yours anymore. It is now being shared with two other beings.”

I bit my lip, “I didn’t think about it like that…”

“For the record, I think pregnancy suits you.”

I scoffed and looked out the window, “you’re still not getting any sex.”

Riley playfully cursed before standing up, “I guess it is time we go apartment hunting.”

We wasted no time packing, even though we hadn’t picked out an apartment yet. Riley’s a lazy ass and I’m a procrastinator. If we didn’t do it immediately, it would never be done.

By the time we reached the first complex of the day (it was the fourth complex since we’ve started the search), my father was already there. He greeted me with a hug and a nod in Riley’s direction.

Riley and I were officially dating and Micah was ecstatic that we were finally figuring everything out.

She was nosey as hell, too.

The apartment building was fancy and the office lady was pointing out good qualities as we walked through. It had three bedrooms, a decent sized kitchen, a large living room, and two bathrooms.

“What do you think, daddy?” I asked.

My father looked around, “I like it. What about you, Riley?”

Riley nodded, “it’s the best one we’ve seen.”

My dad looked at the office lady and nodded, “they’ll take it.”

“Wonderful!” She exclaimed and pulled out the paperwork.

Riley and I signed the papers and set up a moving date.

This weekend. We had five days to get everything in order.

“Now, we need to go shopping for furnisher,” my father spoke as we left the building.

∆∆∆∆

Moving was uneventful. I wasn’t allowed to lift anything and Riley had done most of the unpacking. I didn’t like feeling worthless, but he insisted on not wanting to hurt the babies.

Now two months after moving in, Micah was visiting me while Riley was at work.

Riley and I fought over what color to paint the nursery. I wanted a pastel blue and he wanted a pastel yellow, but we both comprimised on mint green.

I already had my baby shower and my dad showered Kieran and Serena in gifts. Micah was excited that I was having a girl and gave me so many pink items that I almost wanted to puke pink.

The babies have been doing pretty good. I was ordered to start to go easier on my body and lay around a bit more, but that was it.

“Hi, Kieran and Serena” Micah spoke to my belly, “I’m your AUnt Micah.”

I winced as one of them gave a kick, “everything is starting to hurt.”

“I bet. Just two more months and you’ll have two little babies!” she squealed, “this is so exciting.”

I laughed, “yeah. I just wish they’ll let me sleep comfortably every once in a while.”

Micah nodded sympathetically and handed me a mozzarella stick.

My main craving along with mustard and lemons, thankfully not together.

The door opened and I heard Riley call out a greeting.

“I’m going to take my leave,” Micah said, “call me later.”

I nodded and gave her a hug as she said goodbye to Riley and left.

“Hey, babe,” Riley greeted and kissed my forehead.

“Hi.”

“How is everything?” He asked.

“I’m just a little uncomfortable and had a few cramps earlier with some spotting. No big deal,” I responded and grabbed his hand. He helped me off the couch and we walked towards our bedroom.

He worked the late shift tonight, so I knew he wanted to collapse in bed.

We laid down and talked for a while, before he began to snore. I ran a hand over my belly and tried to fall asleep, but the babies wouldn’t stay still. I frowned and rearranged myself, but nothing seemed to help me get more comfortable.

A sharp pain shot through my lower abdomen and I immediately sat up. Warmness spread between my legs and I threw the covers back.

I sucked in a deep breath and hit Riley.

“What?” He mumbled sleepily.

“My water just broke.”
♠ ♠ ♠
DUN DUN DUN