Stubborn Love

Chapter One

She sat on the bathroom floor, various types of the same test scattered on the floor, all with the same result. Positive. She ran her fingers through her hair and then ran her hands down her face. How could this happen to her? She was always so careful. She thought back over the past few months and then sighed, grabbing her phone.

She nervously dialed her brother's number and held the phone to her ear, her eyes closed and watering still as she tried not to cry. "Hey," Roman's deep voice answered. She sniffled quietly.

"Roman... I messed up. I'm in trouble," she whispered.

She heard him sigh. "The guys are over right now, Lizz. Do you need me to come over?"

"Yes," she croaked. "The door is unlocked. Just come in when you get here."

"We'll be there in a few minutes," Roman said softly. "You'll be okay. I promise." The line disconnected and she threw one of the pregnancy tests at the trashcan. She crawled to the door and reached up, unlocking it before she sat in front of it. Several minutes later she could hear Roman calling for her. "Where are you? Lizz?"

"LIZZ! Show yourself!" Dean called after Roman.

"Bathroom," Lizz called quietly. There was a gentle knock on the door and the doorknob twisted. She moved out of the way and Roman stepped in. He looked around at all the pregnancy tests and cursed before he sank down onto the floor next to her.

"Did you find her?" Seth asked loudly from the other side of the door.

Dean snorted. "Negative! ROMAN?"

"Bathroom," Roman said with a sigh. "How could you let this happen?" He rubbed his forehead as the door opened and both Dean and Seth stuck their heads through the opening before cursing. Lizz saw the worried look they both had after seeing the pregnancy tests.

"I didn't exactly plan this." Dean cleared his throat.

"Who's the dad?" Roman and Seth both looked to Dean and then back to Lizz, who started crying.

"Get. Out." Lizz growled. Roman raised a brow, seeming to put everything together.

"Please say that you did NOT sleep with my friend," Roman said, his blue eyes wide as he stared at his younger sister. Seth smiled sheepishly and scooted out of the room.

Lizz coughed awkwardly. "I... I actually slept with both of them. But Dean was a jackass and dumped me and then I was hurt and mad and drunk and had a one-night stand with Seth..." Roman groaned loudly with a look of disgust and started picking up pregnancy tests to throw away. "But I don't know if it's Dean's or Seth's...

Roman rolled his eyes as he got up. "We're going to talk about this." He walked out of the room and called for Dean and Seth to meet him in the living room. Lizz got up and followed anxiously, sitting on the far end of the couch and away from Seth and Dean.

"Which one of you idiots knocked up my sister?" Roman growled. Seth and Dean squirmed uncomfortably; Lizz crossed her arms over her chest. Roman glared at Dean. "And YOU! How long were you dating Lizz?!"

Dean's eyes widened and he shot Lizz a dirty look. "You told him? Why did you tell him?"

Lizz snorted and rolled her eyes. "One of us had to have the balls to say it!" Seth chuckled and Dean punched Seth's arm. "Stop looking at me. I'm still mad at you."

"Is that why you fucked Seth?" Dean asked angrily. Seth glared at him.

"Yes. Sorry, Seth..." Lizz mumbled. "Three YEARS and all you fucking said was 'I can't do this anymore!'" She started crying again and Roman sat beside her and gently rubbed her back.

"I would have explained if you gave me a chance!" Dean yelled. "I thought Roman was getting suspicious and it was supposed to be to get him off my back!" Roman flipped Dean off at his explanation. "But then you went and slept with Seth!" Lizz was reaching toward her shoe and contemplating throwing it at Dean.

"Well if you wanted me to understand, you could have told me! A little information goes a long way!" She pulled off her shoe and threw it at him, but it missed and hit Seth in the side of his head. "Or you could have grown some balls and told Roman we've been sleeping together the past four years."

Roman lifted his head, narrowing his eyes. He pushed his long, dark hair from his face. "Didn't you say you've only been together three years?"

Lizz rolled her eyes and Seth seemed relieved that the attention was off of him. "Yeah, but I was dating this chef before him and I stupidly slept with Dean anyway. He showed up on my birthday, and there he was: naked in my bed." She pulled off her other shoe, Seth ducked when she threw it, and it hit Dean in the face. He no longer looked smug.

Roman got up and paced in front of them. "Alright. You need to call a doctor and set up an appointment. You idiots..." Roman shook his head. "If I hear you treat her as anything less than a goddess, I will make your lives hell."

"Excuse you," Lizz said, spreading out on the purple sectional couch. "You act like this is going to change YOUR entire life, Roman. It isn't! Do you have any idea how much time I spent, how hard I worked to get to where I am?" Roman opened his mouth to say something but Lizz didn't pause. "No. You don't. Because you NEVER bothered to ask. If I'm not there, if I can't work and get designs to my boss, I lose my job."

Seth and Dean stared at her in silence, knowing better than to try to interrupt an angered Lizz. "I am a fashion designer of a VERY revered company. I had to have three of my professors recommend me for an internship. Out of all the applicants, only TEN made it, and of those, they kept three. I am one of three that was lucky enough, that worked hard enough, to be offered a job from them." Lizz pulled up her shirt to reveal her very small, but rounding stomach. "Do you see this? My clothes already aren't fitting! So if you think that this is about you, then you're wrong."

Lizz pulled her shirt down and Dean cleared his throat. "But it could potentially be about me," he said, his expression blank.

Seth let out a small sigh. "Or me." Lizz got up and disappeared into the kitchen to make hot chocolate. Roman followed her.

He ran his fingers through his hair and leaned against the counter. "I'm sorry." Roman grabbed a glass and the bottle of Jack Daniels. "I didn't realize that you've worked so hard." He looked up from his glass and took a sip, giving a tired half smile. Lizz didn't look up as she poured hot water into her mug and stirred the hot chocolate mixture in. "I just want you to know... I'm here if you need anything."

Roman took another swig and then set the glass down and hugged his sister, resting his cheek on top of her head. Lizz sniffled and wiped at her eyes. "I'm going to throw up," she announced, setting down her mug and dashing to the bathroom.