Long Live the Kids

Chapter 2

Alex’s POV
After falling asleep at about 7 because Jack was snoring so loud, I woke up only two hours later. The sun was already peeking through the windows in the front lounge so I figured I wouldn’t be able to go to sleep again anyway. I decided to get up and make myself some coffee, as I could really use it right now. I grabbed my phone, which was lying next to me in my bunk, and got out of my bunk.

I turned on the coffee machine and sat down on the couch, waiting for my coffee to be ready. I checked my phone for messages but didn’t have any. I decided to text Haley to see how the shoot was going. She replied quickly so I figured they weren’t shooting at the moment.

Shoot is going great, having a break right now. How come you’re up already?

My coffee was ready so I first got up to get it before I replied.

Jack was being annoying. Also didn’t fall asleep until like 7, so yeah, it was a great night.

I was just taking a sip from my coffee when Haley’s picture appeared on my phone, along with a FaceTime notification. I quickly pressed, “answer” and her face appeared on my screen, along with mine in the right lower corner.

“Wow you really do look like shit” Haley joked.
“Thanks, way to boost my confidence” I replied with a sad face.
“Oh please, since when do you need a confidence boost? How about I give you a little tour around the set?” she suggested.
“Hell yeah” I replied. “You look beautiful by the way.”
“Yeah, that’s just because I’m wearing tons of makeup” she shrugged, seemingly getting up from the seat she’d been sitting on to show me around.
“Oh shut up, you don’t need makeup to look beautiful” I disagreed.
“Oh but I do. You didn’t see me this morning babe, I looked like fucking zombie” she said.
“How come?”
“Rachel was out with Cameron and she didn’t get home until like 3 and my big sister instincts wouldn’t let me go to sleep until then” Haley said.

​​​​​“But okay, today we’re filming the performance part and the close up shots. So over here we have the screen that is the background for the close up shots”.
​​​​​She turned her phone to show a big screen, holding it like that for a few seconds before turning her phone back around to film her face again.

​​​​​“And over here we have the “stage”, which is really nothing special." she said, turning her phone again. "It’s just a large empty space with some lights, but I think it’ll look cool in the video. We’ll have the band playing in the background and I will be singing in the front.. Which is pretty much like any performance part in a video but there are pretty pink lights so that’s nice. That’s what we’re gonna start shooting after the break” she continued.

​​​​​“Awesome. So what are you shooting tomorrow?”
​​​“Tomorrow we’ll be shooting outside in the dark, both morning and evening. It’ll mostly just be me walking around town with three actresses who are supposed to be my best friends” she explained.
​​​“You should’ve gotten Tay and Cass to do that” I joked.
​​​“I know right, that would’ve been much more fun but since they’re not exactly actresses they wouldn’t let them be in the video” she sighed.

​​​​​​​I looked up to see Zack walking into the front lounge.
​​​“Did I wake you up?” I asked him.
​​​“No, Jack did” he answered, and I noticed Jack had started snoring even louder.
​​​“Who’s there?” Haley asked.
​​​“Zack” I replied. “But I won’t show you until he has put a shirt on, otherwise you’ll try to make me work out again.”
​​​Haley shrugged. “Well, I won’t if you will let me enjoy Zack’s muscles every once in a while” she pouted.
​​​“Well, that sounded weird” I replied.
​"You know me" Haley said.​​

​​​​​“You guys do know I can hear you right?” Zack asked, while making himself coffee.
​​​“Yeah” I replied. “Okay Haley, you get 1 second so be ready.”
​​​“You’re a tease” she replied.
​​​I quickly turned my phone around so that the front camera was aimed at Zack who seemed pretty uncomfortable, before I turned it back around.

​​​​​“That’s all you’re gonna get. You’re making Zack uncomfortable” I told Haley.
​​​“No, I’m making you uncomfortable” she said, smiling broadly. “Zack knows me well enough to not take anything I say seriously.”
​​​“I’m pretty sure you’d get mad at me if I didn’t take anything you said seriously though” I replied.
​​​“But that’s because you’re my boyfriend and you’re supposed to listen to me” she said. “But hey, break’s over, I gotta get back to work. Tell the guys I said hi.”
​​​“Will do, have fun” I replied. “I love you.”
“Love you too” Haley said, before she hung up.​​
♠ ♠ ♠
So I'm not sure FaceTime and front cameras were even a thing back in 2009, but I'm just gonna assume they were for this story (also, I've never actually facetimed, so I don't know how it works).

​Also, thanks for all the subscribers already! Means a lot, you guys keep me going <3​​​​

​In case you were wondering, this is the video Haley is making right now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmp5_cayCIs​​​​​​ (Remember December - Demi Lovato)