Long Live the Kids

Chapter 5

Haley's POV
We had just finished the second day of shooting my music video and I was in my car, on my way to the place I was meeting Tay and Cassadee at for a drink. Cassadee had just come home from her tour with Hey Monday today and Tay got home a couple of days earlier. It didn't happen very often that the three of us were all at home at the same time, leave alone with the boys.

​​​​​Fortunately, in two weeks it would finally happen, we would actually be able to hang with our high school group of friends again. Of course Megan wouldn't be there since her and Zack broke up, but well, she was never that much part of our group of friends anyway as we never really connected with her.

I pulled into the parking lot next to the bar and noticed both Cassadee's and Tay's car already parked there. It didn't really surprise me as I was pretty late because the shooting took longer than we expected. I parked my car and headed for the building. I went inside and searched the bar for Cassadee and Tay, who I soon noticed at a table in a corner. I headed for them.
​​​
“Hey ladies!” I exclaimed as I had almost reached them, causing them both to look my way.
A smile appeared on their faces and they both got up to hug me before we all sat down.
“How long has it been since we actually hang out with the three of us?” I asked them.
“A couple of months, I guess?” Tay said.
“At least half a year. Either way, it’s been way too long!” Cassadee added.
The waitress came over and I ordered a drink.

​​​“So how are you guys?” I asked them.
Of course we had been calling and texting while we were on tour, but it just wasn’t the same. Talking face to face was that much easier.
“I’m fine, tired, glad to be home again” Cassadee answered.
“If only Rian were home yet, right?” I joked.
“Yeah, that would be nice” she nodded in agreement.

​​​I turned to Tay. “Speaking of which, how long has it been since you last saw Jack?”
The last time All Time Low was home, before the tour they are on now, Tay was on tour so it must’ve been quite a while since she last saw her boyfriend.
​​​
“Too long, I’ve lost count. No uhm, about 5 months I think?” she answered.
“And I thought I hadn’t seen Rian in a long time. You must be excited to see him huh?” Cassadee asked.
“Obviously” Tay replied.

​​​“Sometimes I wish I wasn’t a musician or at least not touring this much” I sighed.
“Yeah me too, but on the other hand, it’s a pretty great life we’ve got” Tay said.
“I know” I nodded. “And I wouldn’t take it for granted, it’s just…”
“Yeah I get what you mean” Cassadee said. “But in two weeks they’ll be home and we’ll make up for lost time.”

​​​“That’s the spirit” Tay said. “But really, I wouldn’t trade this life for anything. Yes, I would want to see Jack more often, but I love touring and would never give that up for some boring job just so that I can see Jack more often.”
“Good point” I agreed. “It does make you appreciate your loved ones more, when you only see them a couple of times a year. If I would be around Alex all the time we would probably fight a lot more; now we hardly ever fight because it’s a waste of the little time we have together.”

​​​“True, but let’s not make tonight all about the guys. How did your shoot go?” Cassadee asked.
“It went pretty well. I can’t wait to see the result” I answered.
“What did you do?” Tay asked.
“Yesterday we filmed the performance part and today we filmed in the city where I am hanging out with my best friends” I answered, taking a sip from my drink.

​​​“And here I thought we were your best friends!” Cassadee exclaimed, faking offense.
“Yeah well, you’re not” I joked, causing Cassadee and Tay to make a sad face. "I did try to convince Jack to be in my video wearing a dress but he didn't want to."
​"Really? Jack passed up on an opportunity to wear a dress? That's not like him" Tay laughed.​​
​"I know, I was very disappointed" I nodded.
​"I can imagine" Tay agreed.​​​​

“So, do you have any plans, musically?” I asked the two of them.
“Not really. For now we’re just playing shows, Warped Tour first, then our US tour. I want to start recording by the end of the year, but there are no actual plans yet” Cassadee replied.
“Yeah same here, except we’re not on Warped of course” Tay added with a sad face.

​​​“Sometimes I wish I wasn’t a pop singer just so I could be on Warped” I said.
“You mean just so you could hang out with Alex all summer” Cassadee joked.
“That would be a bonus. We haven’t spent that much time together in like, two years. But no, I’ve just always loved going to Warped and I would love to play it” I shrugged.

​​​“You’re coming to the Columbia date right? Force Alex to let you sing a song on stage with him” Tay suggested.
“I don’t think that would take much forcing though” Cassadee coughed.
“I don’t want to steal their show though” I said.

​​​“Hun, no offense, but the people seeing All Time Low at Warped are probably more impressed seeing All Time Low than seeing you as you’re not exactly their kind of musician” Cassadee said.
“Good point. I don’t know, I might ask Alex about it. It would be cool…” I said.
“And if Alex says no you can sing a song with us” Cassadee added.
“Or I just do both” I joked.
“Fine by me” Cassadee replied.

​​​"I'll be the one randomly walking onto every stage singing along" I nodded.
​"More like the one being escorted from the festival by the security guards​​" Cassadee said laughing.
​"Totally worth it" I said, causing Tay and Cassadee to laugh.
​​​​​
“So apparently the guys found Zack a girlfriend?” I changed the subject.
“Yeah, I heard something about that from Jack” Tay nodded.
“Wait, who? Why doesn’t Rian tell me these things” Cassadee asked curiously.

​​​“Probably because it was just Alex and Jack that we’re trying to set them up. But anyway, the singer of their support act. I think her name is Jenna. She’s Australian” I said.
“Seriously? The guy just got dumped because the long distance thing didn’t work and those idiots try to set him up with a girl from Australia?” Cassadee asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

​​​“Hey, I’m the only one who gets to call Alex an idiot” I said, causing Cassadee to give me a look. “But yeah, pretty much.”
“Well that’s bound to fail” Cassadee said.
“I think it already failed because she wasn’t ready to be in relationship yet” Tay said.

​​​“We should find him a girlfriend in Baltimore!” Cassadee suddenly exclaimed. “I’m sure we’d find him a better match than Alex and Jack do.”
“Do you have anyone in mind?” I asked.
“Not yet….” Cassadee trailed off, searching the room for possible candidates. “But I’ll find someone. It shouldn’t be too hard to find someone who wants to date Zack with those abs.”

​​​“He has a personality too, you know” I said laughing.
“But the abs are his selling point” Cassadee said wisely.
“You sound like a marketer” Tay noticed.
“That’s because we’re trying to sell Zack” Cassadee said.

​​​“Whoa, slow down Cass, he’s not a piece of meat” I said laughing. “But yeah, we should try to find him a better girlfriend than that Jenna girl.”
“Or maybe we should let him find himself a girlfriend” Tay said wryly, causing me and Cassadee to give her a look.
“No, he’s too shy for that” Cassadee said.
“So? I’m shy and I have a boyfriend” Tay continued.
“Taaaay, just let us have the fun of finding someone. It’s not like we’ll force him to date her, but wouldn’t it be cool if he did?” I begged
“Okay, okay, you can try as long as you don’t force anything” Tay said.
“Thanks mom” Cassadee joked, causing Tay to give her a look.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo, any suggestions for a potential girlfriend for Zack? Or should he date Jenna? Or another one of the characters of the story? Let me know in the comments, I'd love to hear your opinions!

​​​​​Sorry this took some time, kind of blocked.

​Thanks for subscribing and voting and everything, I really appreciate it!​​​​