Long Live the Kids

Chapter 6

Rachel’s POV
I was in desperate need of coffee and walked in to the kitchen to find Haley all dressed already.
“Going somewhere?” I asked, causing her to turn around.
“Yeah, I’ve got a meeting” she replied.
“On a Saturday?” I asked. “This early?”
“Yeah well, rock stars don’t have the weekend off, sis” she replied. “And it’s not early, it’s 10 AM sleepyhead.”
“Oh so you’re a rock star now?” I joked.
“I pretend to be” Haley replied.

“Did you make coffee already?” I asked her, while grabbing the 'I love London' mug Haley bought me in England from a cabinet.
“Yeah. And I made you and Cameron pancakes for breakfast” she added, handing me the coffeepot.
I raised my eyebrows. “You made pancakes? What time did you get up, 5 AM?”
“It doesn’t take 5 hours to make pancakes Rachel” Haley said. “But I have to get going.”

​​​“Wait! When are we gonna spend some quality time together if you’re always working?” I pouted.
“I don’t know, whenever you aren’t around your boyfriend 24/7. I’m not working every day!” Haley said defensive.
“Okay, when do you have a day off?” I asked her.
“Tomorrow” she replied.
“Then we’re having a sisterday tomorrow” I stated.
“Deal” she replied. “Now I really have to go. Bye sis!”
“Bye” I yelled after her while she left the kitchen.

​​​​​I poured myself a cup of coffee and sat down at the kitchen table to drink it, while scrolling through my Twitter feed. After I finished it, I headed back upstairs. When I walked into my room, I noticed Cameron was still asleep. Lame! I sprinted to my bed and jumped onto it. Next to Cameron, but it made the bed bounce enough to wake him up. He opened his eyes, noticed me and turned around so that he was facing the wall.

​​​​​“Go away” he groaned.
​​​“But Caaaaaam…” I pouted.
​​​“Let me sleep” he groaned.
​​​I started poking his side, causing him to turn around and give me a look, in reply to which I put on my sweetest smile.

​​​​​​“What do you want?” he sighed.
​​​“I want to spend time with my beloved boyfriend” I replied.
​​​“But it’s early” he muttered.
​​​“No it’s not, it’s 10:30. Haley already left for a meeting” I disagreed.
​​​“But I just got back from tour and have yet to catch up on sleep. You can sleep in everyday” he sputtered.
​​​​​“May I remind you of the fact that I have to get up early to go to school 5 days a week? Unlike you, who just stays up partying till 5 AM and then sleeps till 2 PM” I said, tilting my head.
​​​“Okay, good point” he sighed.

​​​​​“Well, you’re awake already so you might as well get up” I said sweetly.
​​​Cameron rolled his eyes. “Fine.”
​​​“Yay!” I exclaimed, when he sat up.
​​​“After all this time I still don’t understand how you can be so happy in the morning” he said.
​​​“I’m not” I said. “Only when I get to wake up next to you.”

​​​​​Cameron attempted to hide a smile, but failed.
​​​“That’s so romantic of you” he said, sticking out his tongue.
​​​“I have my moments” I replied. “Haley made us pancakes for breakfast.”
​​​“She made pancakes? How early did she get up?” he asked.
​​​“It doesn’t take that long to make pancakes babe” I replied.

​​​​​​​​“Whatever. It’s nice to have her around though, you know. Pancakes for breakfast are much better than your Lucky Charms every morning” he teased.
​​​“Hey, it’s not like you can be bothered to make breakfast mister!” I exclaimed.
​​​“Fair enough. But let’s go have breakfast, I’m hungry” Cameron suggested.

​​​​​We both got up and headed downstairs. I put the plate with pancakes in the microwave.
​​​“While those things are heating up, I’m gonna smoke a cigarette real quick” Cameron said.
​​​I turned around and wrinkled my nose. “Are you ever gonna stop doing that?”
​​​“Maybe, probably not” Cameron shrugged.
​​​“But it’s disgusting and unhealthy” I whined.

​​​​​​“Then I guess you’re lucky you see me so little” Cameron replied.
​​​“Whatever” I replied, turning back around to turn on the microwave.
​​​“Hey, I didn’t mean it like that, sorry” I heard Cameron say, while he walked up to me and put his arms around my waist. “It’s just not that easy to quit.”

​​​​​​I turned around in his arms. “Have you even tried?”
​​​“Yes, several times, because I know you hate it, but it’s not that easy on tour when everyone’s smoking” he replied.
​​​I sighed. “Okay, fine, go smoke.”
​​​
​​​“Thank you” he said, kissing my forehead. “I love you.”
​​​“Love you too” I replied, before Cameron let go off me and headed for our backyard while I waited for the pancakes to be ready. When they were I divided them over two plates and put them on the kitchen table. I took some maple syrup and poured it over them and got us both cutleries. By the time I was done, Cameron was done smoking and we sat down oppose each other.

​​​​​​“You’re gonna have to find way to entertain yourself tomorrow, by the way” I told him.
​​​“Oh yeah? Why’s that?” he asked.
​​​“I’m having a sisterday with Haley” I explained.
​​​“But I already see you so little” Cameron said.
​​​“Yeah and whose fault is that? I don’t exactly see Haley a lot either” I said agitated.

​​​​​​“I was just kidding Rach” Cameron said. “Of course you can spend the day with Haley. I mean, not like you need my permission but you know what I mean. I’ll just play videogames all day.”
​​​“Don’t you have friends?” I joked.
​​​“Yeah but I spend 10 months out of the year with them so I could use a break from them” Cameron replied.
​​​“Oh come on, you love those guys” I said smiling.
​​​“Yeah, I will probably end up playing videogames with Jordan anyway” he nodded.

​​​​​“So what time do you have band practice today?” I asked him.
​​​“At noon. You’re coming?” he asked.
​​​“If you let me” I winked.
​​​“Always” he replied.

​​​​​​“We should probably go get ready” I suggested, after I finished my pancakes.
​​​“You mean you should. I don’t need half an hour to get ready” Cameron joked.
​​​“It takes time to look beautiful” I replied.
​​​“You always look beautiful” Cameron replied and from the look in his eyes I could tell he meant it.

​​​​​​I smiled and got up to put our plates in the dishwasher.
​​​“I’m gonna go get ready” I told Cameron.
​​​He nodded. “I’ll be right upstairs. In like, 20 minutes, that is.”
“Jerk” I teased, causing him to fake a sad face, before I went upstairs.​​