Tongue Tied

2

Nathan held onto Alex's hand as they walked down the streets. Neither of them knew the city, so they agreed they'd only stay on main streets. She rested her head on his shoulder, wrapping her free arm around his, continuing to hold his hand. He rested his head on top of hers. They continued walking before he stopped. She turned to face him, still holding his hand.

"Al, I don't think I've told you how much it means to me that you've gone everywhere with me this past year." He said, pulling her towards him.

"Oh no, are you getting emotional?" She taunted as he wrapped his arms around her waist, leaning back in his arms so she could still look at him.

"Shut up and let me finish." He glared at her. She rolled her eyes. "I can't think of any other girl I would've wanted to share all the ups and downs with. Thank you." He whispered the last part, pecking her lips.

"I'm here as long as you want me." She said, grabbing his face.

"I want you forever." He told her, kissing her again.

"You're being lame." She mumbled against his lips

"I'm being honest." He argued. "Aren't girls supposed to eat this up? You're supposed to be melting into my arms."

She scoffed. "The only person that's gonna eat this up is the guys when I tell them." She threatened.

"Ah, but if you tell the guys, I'll kill you." He stated, pulling her closer.

"You couldn't do it. You're too much of a wimp." She challenged.

"Yes, and I couldn't handle all this without you." He admitted.

She shook her head, staring up at him. He just looked down at her, a smile on his face. She exhaled, stepping out of his arms. He kept his hands on her hips as she put her hands on his.

"I think we should go back to the hotel." She suggested. "You played a hard game and you definitely need some beauty sleep."

He fake-laughed, taking one of her hands in his. "What's your secret?" He asked as they started walking.

"What secret?" She furrowed her brows.

He went behind her, pressing his lips to below her ear as they walked. "How do you stay so beautiful?" He mumbled to her, holding onto her waist.

"Oh, I sleep during your games." She shrugged.

He growled, tightening his grip around her waist and bringing her to a stop. She laughed as he spun her around to face him. He narrowed his eyes at her. She gave him a fake pout. He kissed her forehead then pressed his to it. She smiled at the gesture.

"Alex, there's something I need you to know." He sighed, squeezing his eyes shut. "I don't know how to say it."

"Are you in love with Jo?" She mocked. "Because I already know, if that's the case."

"Alex," He groaned, frowning at her. "I love your witty comments, but please refrain for a minute. I'm nervous enough."

She frowned, resting her hands on his neck. "Okay, I'm sorry." She apologized.

He took a deep breath. "I've never met anyone who makes me as happy as you have the last year. I don't think I've ever met another girl who was as willing as you were to miss as much school as you have to watch your lame boyfriend play hockey." He chuckled. She smirked, shaking her head. "You've made this the best season, and year, of my life and I," He froze.

She shushed him, bringing her lips to his. She knew what he was looking to say. She also knew he wasn't ready to say it, even if he felt it. She felt the same way. Being so young and so new to it, neither knew how to say it.

They broke apart and she took a deep breath. "I know what you're trying to say and it's fine if you can't get it out. I feel the same way." She told him.

"I feel like you deserve to hear it though." He whined.

"When the time's right, Nathan." She reassured him. "For both of us."

"Okay, we're officially turning into that couple." He sighed, letting go of her.

"Only in private." She chimed.

She took his hand as they began to walk. She swung their hands as they walked back to their hotel. Well, in the direction they thought it was. They were wrong. The pair had ended up in some area they didn't recognize. There was no view of the arena, or their hotel, or the restaurant they were just at.

"Call Jo, or Fourns, or Zach! One of your French friends." She instructed him.

"I didn't bring my phone." He frowned.

She rolled her eyes and pulled hers out. She saw Jo's name first so she called him. She handed her phone to Nathan. He shook his head at her, listening as it rang against his ear.

"Why are you calling me?" Jo yawned into the phone.

"We're lost." Nathan told him.

"Sounds like your own problem." Jo shot back.

"Tell me how to get to the hotel fr,"

"Does Alex not have maps on her phone?" Jo snapped. "C'mon."

Nathan hung up, handing Alex her phone back. "Maps it."

She shook her head. "Thank god we're cute because we are not smart." She laughed as she searched up how to get back to their hotel.